NEED NEW TYPE OF RANKINGS

BJG13

Look, I've been playing Halo almost all of my life and I even have the Halo 3 edition xbox, and with this new Halo 4, I love it but the fact of the rankings are limited at 130 is just absurd. Even with reach, it'd take forever to get to the highest ranking, not like a month in which some players are able to get to 130. It should take much much much longer than that.

With this game, the specializations, maps, and just about everything are amazing, the rankings are the only thing that needs to be different, or at least MORE.

This is just a suggestion on what could be different about this, new ideas, or just about anything. Help?

Define competitive. I personally find the gameplay as it stands in every playlist to be competitive. Each individual player has opportunities to make it a successful game for themselves through teamwork and their own skill sets.

Plenty of customization (though the armor could use some actual value like stat boosts) to help conform it to your personal playstyles. You can be just as competitive at Halo 4 as you can be at any other game. What is sad is that many people refuse to because they can not get over the older style gameplay.

I for one like having new gameplay and new games. If I wanted to play in the same manor as Halo 2 or Halo 3 I would play those games. Simple as that. Its a new game, change yourself and change MLG to suit it, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Define competitive. I personally find the gameplay as it stands in every playlist to be competitive. Each individual player has opportunities to make it a successful game for themselves through teamwork and their own skill sets.

Plenty of customization (though the armor could use some actual value like stat boosts) to help conform it to your personal playstyles. You can be just as competitive at Halo 4 as you can be at any other game. What is sad is that many people refuse to because they can not get over the older style gameplay.

I for one like having new gameplay and new games. If I wanted to play in the same manor as Halo 2 or Halo 3 I would play those games. Simple as that. Its a new game, change yourself and change MLG to suit it, not the other way around.

Change is fine but, removing things that were in previous games that were fan favorites is the wrong answer. Like getting rid of 1 Flag and Assault is something I've seen a lot of people complain about, I'm one of them. Not having a ranking system is a big flaw in this game as well and it's made a lot of people I know stop playing the game once they hit SR 130.

Ranking up quickly was made easy because of the Double Exp from Mnt Dew and Doritos. A friend gifted me 159 Dbl Xp games without telling me and it got me from SR 20 to SR 70 easily. They should have had a smaller limit on the amount of games per player.

• Like 1

The only way I can get into a good competitive mindset is if I'm running with my team and then enemy actually uses mics (good ol smack talking ftw). However both of these conditions I rarely meet (especially running into ppl using mics). Can't wait for doubles to come out this month to give me something to be competitive about....

Don't see any perk to having ranks on A website instead of in game...doubt that'll make an difference but I can always hope

Honestly, the only way that people reach 130 this quickly (for the most part) is by playing Double XP Spartan Ops missions.

There are some exceptions, and the game has been out for two months. It's not crazy to think people are beginning to hit the cap.

That being said, rank is fairly trivial and I'm sure the cap will be raised soon.