Crappy Armor

Baeztoberfest

Is it me or is the armor in the game crap? I can never decide what to wear because it all just looks so BAD. There's too much primary color in the suits and not enough secondary. Also the "skins" just look terrible. The same helmet there twice. And each version looks like crap. Is this just me? Or did y'all like the other armors in previous Halo's better too?

• Like 1

I like it. There's more variety between the armor now.

That's just it. I can't tell the difference between any of them besides sharper edges. Orbital is the only armor that looks somewhat different. And the helmets. Jeez those things just look BAD. I can't honestly say there's one I like even a little. In Halo 3 I wore EOD but in this game... It just looks so boring. In Halo Reach I wore CQC helmet. But they chucked it for some reason. Now I wear warrior. Or maybe it's soldier? The lower tiered one at any rate. Because its neutral. Just my opinion mind you.

The armor is mostly pretty lame. I can tolerate most of the shoulders, torso pieces, forearms, and legs, but the helmets are mostly disgusting. The only helmets I like are Tracker, Pathfinder, Mark VI, Recon, Protector, and Operator is my favorite, as it reminds me of Halo 3's Security helmet, which I loved. Engineer and Gungnir are okay too, for novelty reasons at least, but I liked Gungnir better in Reach.

I will say that the visor selection is badass though.

• Like 1

The armor is mostly pretty lame. I can tolerate most of the shoulders, torso pieces, forearms, and legs, but the helmets are mostly disgusting. The only helmets I like are Tracker, Pathfinder, Mark VI, Recon, Protector, and Operator is my favorite, as it reminds me of Halo 3's Security helmet, which I loved. Engineer and Gungnir are okay too, for novelty reasons at least, but I liked Gungnir better in Reach.

I will say that the visor selection is badass though.

Agreed. I do think however the bulk of the torsos is missing in Halo 4. I just don't feel like a killer. Lol.

Miss the Hayabusa from Halo 3 and getting the katana on your back.

I love Dead or Alive, but I've never been a fan of the Hayabusa armor. Having the Dragon Sword was cool, but I didn't like having to wear the Hayabuse body with it. I don't know why they couldn't let you equip it with any chest piece.

I miss the old ODST helmet from previous games.

There is really no difference just quantity. I miss the security shoulders from reach that giant knife means you mean business.

I would like to have seen Romeos ODST helmet.

As of right now I like the Enforcer helmet. I also kinda like scanner.

I hated Reach armor.

Too bulky and the bullets looked silly.

Why do yoy wear huge shoulder pads when you have an overshield?

Why am I out of sniper bullets when I have bandolier full on my shoulder?

Every one looked like fanny pack wearing space banditos.

Some people had a huge black ***** on their right shoulder.

• Like 1

I miss the Halo Reach beefy shoulders, I just ant find any I like on H4. I've got my FOTUS armour but its really only the Helmet anyone recognizes it all feels a little bit samey and still no proper pink! :(

True they do need a Neon Pink selection. I would so get into that too. Pink actually is one of the best colors (colours) out there. And no I am not a girly man, believe me, nothing girly about me. Just a fan of pink and purple when it fits in.

• Like 1

I Really like the armour, it looks the way it does due to the fact that it is finally more functional, and due to the fact that it isnt designed to be heavy pieces of metal slabs, but rather fully operational high tech pieces....that being said, they should mix it up a little more with some...smoother designs

I love Dead or Alive, but I've never been a fan of the Hayabusa armor. Having the Dragon Sword was cool, but I didn't like having to wear the Hayabuse body with it. I don't know why they couldn't let you equip it with any chest piece.

Hayabusa was from ninja gaiden. Ninja gaiden 3 had Halo 3 Easter eggs by having hidden skulls. It was a tip of the hat for both games acknowledging each other. I liked it though. The armor that is.

Just seems silly, they make a female spartan but not a nice Hot Pink to go with it. This is something that really needs to be petitioned for lol.

Make a roster and I'll sign it. Lol. Icecream paint job.

True they do need a Neon Pink selection. I would so get into that too. Pink actually is one of the best colors (colours) out there. And no I am not a girly man, believe me, nothing girly about me. Just a fan of pink and purple when it fits in.

Breast cancer awareness Spartans FTW.

What's up with defender and infiltrator? Those look HIDEOUS. Infiltrator looks like you took an ugly stick to the face full force and defender looks happier than an ant in candy land! The orbital skull just looks weak... I see what they wanted to do. Something like Emile's helmet from Reach? The Brute face? It would've been a good helmet minus the stupid skull...

I like pink too and agree that the pink armor color we have is pretty lame. We definitely need a better one. A pink visor would be cool too.

Hayabusa was from ninja gaiden. Ninja gaiden 3 had Halo 3 Easter eggs by having hidden skulls. It was a tip of the hat for both games acknowledging each other. I liked it though. The armor that is.

I was pretty sure that Halo 3's Hayabusa armor was a tip of the hat to Dead or Alive 4 having a playable Halo Spartan in it back in 2005. Ryu Hayabusa is a staple character in the Dead or Alive series.

From the Halo Nation wiki:

The armor is named after Ryu Hayabusa, the protagonist of the Ninja Gaiden series and a combatant in the Dead or Alive series. The helmet is almost an exact copy of the "ninja of the future" costume in Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox. Bungie likely created the Hayabusa armor as a tribute to Team Ninja for adding Nicole-458 into Dead or Alive 4. Team Ninja, the developers of the Ninja Gaiden series and Dead or Alive series, are mentioned in the credits for Halo 3.

I hated Reach armor.

Too bulky and the bullets looked silly.

Why do yoy wear huge shoulder pads when you have an overshield?

Why am I out of sniper bullets when I have bandolier full on my shoulder?

Every one looked like fanny pack wearing space banditos.

Some people had a huge black ***** on their right shoulder.

Lol true. But Reach rocks anyway

• Like 1