Explosives Upgrade

Bloody Initiate

Multiple people I've seen on this forum talked about how the Explosives upgrade is somehow gamechanging or too strong.

Awhile ago I found a video series breaking down the various support and tactical upgrades. There are more than one, but this particular series seemed to me to have the best research practices.

I'm not affiliated with these guys or plugging a channel, just wanted to share the information I have with people who might not have it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mMfJPX7Guk&list=PLsdm-_tJhSXxVu1NzX4is15ApSDcBK4Xy&index=7

I feel the advantages granted by the explosives perk are relatively modest, especially when you consider that you need to pair it with resupply or grenadier to get the most out of it. I personally used Explosives for a long time on my primary mid-range loadout but recently exchanged it for stealth because I didn't feel I would miss it that much. Occasionally I wish I still had big sticky detonator explosions, but for the most part I think I'm better off not getting spotted on PV.

Overall I think the Explosives perk fits right in with the others in that it slightly tweaks things without upsetting game balance. I believe that was the intent, and it was fulfilled.

Feel free to discuss the information here or there. I just wanted to share it.

• Like 1

I've seen a few people saying it's too strong, I disagree, so I wanted to post my argument. My argument is just information because I often find informing someone is the same as persuading them. People generally can make sense of things, they just have to have all the information available to them.

I was expecting an interesting video but this failed to deliver. It didn't test the kill range of the grenades (because that is what is affected in the plasma/pulse grenades). And it didn't account for the damage dropoff in the "resistance" test.

If you want to talk like you know something, show me what you know. Where did YOU get YOUR information? So far I see someone who can't back up a damn thing he claims.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but you're just making claims without supporting them. I like knowing how the game works, I want to know in detail what each perk does, forgive me for wanting better information than just someone making **** up.

Most of the perks in this game are both incremental and fairly weak. I don't rely see what your trying to get at.

He's trying to shut the people up who say things like,

"Explosives perk ruins the game, you have to take it, otherwise you die by grenades too easy and your grenades do no damage."

And there's a lot of these people.

If you want to talk like you know something, show me what you know. Where did YOU get YOUR information? So far I see someone who can't back up a damn thing he claims.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but you're just making claims without supporting them. I like knowing how the game works, I want to know in detail what each perk does, forgive me for wanting better information than just someone making **** up.

Experience. I would like to make a video to show the differences much better than this guy did but I don't have a capture card and I really don't feel like wasting that money to get something I would use like once or twice.

Experience. I would like to make a video to show the differences much better than this guy did but I don't have a capture card and I really don't feel like wasting that money to get something I would use like once or twice.

My experience with using the Explosives perk exclusively on smaller maps for most of my games until recently gives me similar conclusions to the ones in the video. I think it HAS saved my life, and I think it HAS gotten me kills I might not have gotten normally, but only as often as any other perk (Like dexterity which might let me reload faster and get a shot in before someone else).

MOST of the time it makes no difference because the way you play eliminates error margins. So for example you throw a grenade and try to get your enemy as close to its blast center as possible. Thus you use the extra radius less often the better you are with grenades. However some times you can get a kill that you wouldn't have normally due to a perk. In the case of Explosives I feel it gives only a slight edge, and it NEEDS the Resupply perk to be worth it.

The only thing I feel can be noticed as being different with or without Explosives is the sticky detonator grenades. Those already have a larger radius and damage, so adding 2 meters feels more significant. It's a power weapon though, so it ought to be good. I know I enjoy that gun a LOT and I would almost say it felt less potent once I switched from Explosives to Stealth (Normally I don't think you will notice the difference).

Ok, so for future reference, let me state that the dude in the video is not, in fact, my bloke.

I think he goes by Short Bloke, which is what I think he says, not "Your Bloke"