Frag Grenades

thelegendofJohn117

• 3 months later...

Does anyone really use these anymore with the ability to start with plasma grenades? I've never found them that effective

The 'Fragmentation Grenade' dos enough damage to drop shields in addition to having a generous blast radius and starting-capacity.

Plasma grenades require a precision-throw and don't bounce of walls that well.

The grenades work better with different play-styles.

• 3 weeks later...

Plasmas? Cr*p. Frags are well better......well If your good at bouncing them. No offence but stickys are a bit noobish: because just as you've killed someone at the end they annoyingly stick you. When I got my first ever rockets in an ordnance I was stuck up close just as I was about to blow his brains out, then he wen't on a killing spree. Proof: when I eventually killed him it said "Kill Joy!!" I do use stickys on occasion: but only on very small maps. Frag grenades are so much better for me. Sorry. 

• 3 months later...

Okay so here's my thing.. I'm really pleased with the Halo 4 multiplayer gameplay but I am super pissed off about the grenades.. Like wtf? They are COMPLETELY pointless. Literally they do damn near nothing unless you stick someone with a plasma and half the time they bounce off of whoever I throw them at. I'm severely displeased with this. This is the first Halo game where I have had an issue with grenades.. I don't know if the power of the grenade was taken down drastically or what but it gets on my damn nerves. Grenades are how I ******* fight and I can't even use them on Halo 4. Even with the "Explosives" support upgrade.. Does anyone know what the hell is going on here?

Okay so here's my thing.. I'm really pleased with the Halo 4 multiplayer gameplay but I am super pissed off about the grenades.. Like wtf? They are COMPLETELY pointless. Literally they do damn near nothing unless you stick someone with a plasma and half the time they bounce off of whoever I throw them at. I'm severely displeased with this. This is the first Halo game where I have had an issue with grenades.. I don't know if the power of the grenade was taken down drastically or what but it gets on my damn nerves. Grenades are how I ******* fight and I can't even use them on Halo 4. Even with the "Explosives" support upgrade.. Does anyone know what the hell is going on here?

What grenades do you use?

Frag grenades are the best because, they bounce across terrain and they actually explode bigger than plasmas. Also frags, aren't as effective if you don't use them the right way: when an enemy is near you, like right in front of you throw it down-wards on a surface so it will bounce right in their face. That's what I think. :)

Playing against players of a I higher skill level, I rarely see anyone using plasma grenades, nor do I use them myself. Frags seem much more versatile for different combat situations. Their ability to bounce makes them more than helpful when enemies are behind cover, and the damage radius is larger than the other grenade types.

When I started playing halo 4, I used stickies because they always seemed fun in past halos. After watching some mlg gameplay, I noticed that most of the pros used frags. I decided to try them out for while, and I have been very successful since then. I have exposure to both types of grenades, and I believe that frags are the superior choice.... At least for my play style

I'm a self proclaimed wheelman, and Halo 4 is really, really, really mean to warthogs. I think the biggest reason is the ability to spawn with both the plasma pistol and sticky grenades. So I don't use plasmas out of principle. Frag grenades take some getting used to, but I usually can get them to land where I need them to.

... Kind of interesting because in H3 I was always looting the sticky spawns. They were pretty dang fun and useful.