Which Halo would you say has the hardest campaign?

O-Bot_Monty

Most difficult campaign so far...  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which (assume solo legendary) campaign have you found the hardest?

• Halo CE
    • Halo 2
    • Halo 3
    • ODST
    • Reach
    • Halo 4

I had a thought. A lot of people don't even remember Halo CE and its glory days. No wonder they only remember Halo 2 as the toughest.

I do. You're not the only one who played CE. But people have different opinions. Halo 2 had easy missions and hard ones, as every Halo so far.

I do. You're not the only one who played CE. But people have different opinions. Halo 2 had easy missions and hard ones, as every Halo so far.

No I know... Just sometimes I feel old. I mean I'm not but... You wanna know the HARDEST game I've ever played on the hardest setting? Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 1. That part where you're by the Ferris wheel trying to hold out with the injured captain? And forget about the last plane mission escaping on veteran... It's impossible. I know it's off topic. I was just saying...

• 5 months later...

I've been playing through the Halo games on Legendary.

Halo 1 - In Progress

Halo 2 - Just beat on Co-op

Halo 3 - N/A

Halo 3: ODST - Complete

Halo Reach - Complete

Halo Wars - Complete

Halo 4 - Complete

Sorry, accidentally posted and can't find a way to edit. :C

I've been playing through the Halo games on Legendary.

Halo 1 - In Progress

Halo 2 - Just beat on Co-op

Halo 3 - N/A

Halo 3: ODST - Complete

Halo Reach - Complete

Halo Wars - Complete

Halo 4 - Complete

I'm not really sure which is hardest. Each one has their moments.

In Halo 1, the Covenant ship is proving to take a couple weeks to push through. [save Captain Keyes] Low ammo and health.

Halo 2, the jackals did not prove a challenge for me in the least. It almost seemed..... too easy.

Halo 3? Flood sections,definitely.I foresee that.

Halo 3: ODST, later sections of the game, around the area of dead Elites. That portion of the game was aggravating.

Halo Reach had its moments, but ultimately was simple. The very end was troublesome, due to infiltrating the cannon's warehouse with nothing but a plasma pistol. All other ammo was gone.

Halo Wars was simple enough, and took a little bit of planning and foresight. The mission leading into the crater proved frustrating.

Halo 4... anything that involved large numbers of Promethean Knights... and close quarters with them. They loved to blink up to me and gut me.

Looking forward to finishing up the games on legendary and moving on to 5 and 6. I don't think I play the games on Normal anymore...

maybe I should try Mythic next...

Easily Halo CE. The Library was a complete pain in the ***. Not to mention those damn sentinels on legendary.

HAHAHAA YES! I am not looking forward to running that on Legendary! Normal was bad enough! XD

Taking out the shield generators will be frustrating. Such small and crowded rooms.

Never played H2 or ODST. But here it goes, from easiest to hardest. (Based on Legendary observations)

Halo 4 - Retarded enemy AI, the enemies never focus fire or continuously fire, they're slow-moving, and there's ammo EVERYWHERE. Plus the aim assist. The range you're at doesn't matter very much when your bullets are magnetic. Also, Prometheans are so predictable, whenever they sword rush me I've already moved three feet away from their attack. I mean, it only happens when they've been hit a lot, and most of the time, they sort of bow and twist to the right before they rush you.

Halo CE - The game is hard the first time on each difficulty. Well, haven't tried Easy ever, but whatever. But after that it's not very hard. Sure, the hitboxes were an embarrassment, and the weapon selection was limited, but overall it isn't that hard. But there were moments that were frustrating, like BANSHEES or the huge number of SpecOps Elites on Keyes. The Library, though, I don't understand. It's no harder than the average CE level. It's just longer.

Halo 3 - This one's really fun. But the enemy AI's huge improvements and an entire host of new ways to die make it hard regardless. Anything involving Wraiths (Not AA) was extremely frustrating, and the enemies could shoot through your vehicle plating with almost no damage dampening. And yet the vehicles themselves were almost indestructible.

Halo Reach - The first level of Halo 3 is harder than the first level of Halo Reach, but take it any further than that and Reach is harder. Invincible Hunters, hordes of smart enemies with high health, lots of well-placed explosions, and the fact that if you step anywhere you will be met with focused and continuous fire. Enemies could dual-wield, but you couldn't. And the Sabre flight...if you're shot, get out of the way immediately. Unlike how you can fight for a second or two while being shot on foot, if you have a Seraph on your tail and wait even a second before moving out of the way, you will already be dead when you reach the cover.

Thankfully, Halo Reach is so dynamic and fun that I enjoy all of that.

Combat Evolved, easily.

First off it has the health, so right away most of the game you are easier to kill than in any other one as the shield and health bar is less health than infinite health. Many levels are limited in guns and they disappear rather quickly, doesn't make for a good combo. The flood can't be destroyed the first time, and will always revive.

The only way Halo 2 is harder is in Co-Op because of that stupid one man dies you both die system. Other than that Halo 2 fixed the flaws that made Combat Evolved difficult.

If I had to order them personally it would go.

1. Combat Evolved

2. Halo 2

3. ODST

4. Halo 3

5. Halo Reach

6. Halo 4

A lot of people think Reach is hard, but you have to play it differently. Once you understand it is quite easy on legendary. I think I beat it in 10 hours.

Edited by WonderWombat

Reach,

ODST,

Wars,

CE

Hardest-easiest. Concussion rifles are pretty much two shot kills on reach. Though some aspects were easier than others while a lot were harder. Mainly the NOBLE firefights, where your Spartans can do all the work while you stand back and pick off the occasional jackal.

4 is incredibly easy. Dare I say easier than NORMAL?

• Like 1

I say Halo 4 with Reach and ODST close behind. I'm talking ALONE on Legendary and not co-op.

Every time you would be near to killing an Elite, it'll run into cover which is really annoying. The Crawler Snipers and Knight Lancers are waaay too accurate and the checkpoint system is a little flawed with it sending you a little too far back if you die. If there were Banshees in the area you'd have to waste all you're ammo just to take them out, and no there is not allot of ammo laying around. Also I think on the mission which puts you at the top of an elevator at the beginning with Banshees flying around (I can't remember the mission name), the Banshees continue to respawn no matter how many times you blow them up. Plus the weapons despawn too quickly. I would say that the weapons shouldn't despawn alltogether.

Though the campaign was really hard, I managed to beat it and get my precious Lone Wolf Legend achievement and MK. VI armor. It was highly entertaining to play :)

Halo 2.

Like some said before, the snipers...I guess if there would have been more of them the covenant would have won the war^^

After watching a few vids, I like to think that the Jackals started laughing maniacally after the Focus Rifle was decommissioned and replaced with the Beam Rifle.

After watching a few vids, I like to think that the Jackals started laughing maniacally after the Focus Rifle was decommissioned and replaced with the Beam Rifle.

I do t understand why they would make a sniper that isn't a one-shot kill. (The Covenant, not Bungie.)

It was pretty cool for glassing beams though.