Custom Lobbies

MegaLowVoltage

CUSTOM GAMES LOBBIES

This is an idea I had on how 343 could implement a system to allow players on LIVE to join custom games created by others. I realize this may never happen... but I'll throw it out there if anyone wishes to have a discussion.

Make it an option in the Infinity Menu, complete with its own nifty name and section of ship.

Players will enter a menu...

> Create Game

> Join Game

If you click "Create Game", you basically build a custom game. It would be understood by the player that a game created here will be posted into an archive of games, open to anyone who wishes to join. A host would have to press X or B to either allow or deny access to the game upon seeing gamertag in a joining notification. A host would have the rights to boot players from the game.

If you click "Join Game", the interface looks up a game based on criteria like a certain game type, a certain map, or even random. The sorting loads a certain number of created custom games per iteration of the sorting method, scroll to the bottom of the list it gives you and it looks for more. When you highlight a certain game, it tells you how many players are in the game, who created it, what map it is, and what game type (slayer, slayer pro, swat, team slayer, so on so forth, or the game type custom name). People could come and go as they please even while people are already playing. The host could restart a game if he/she so chose.

Again, this is just an idea.

I really think the potential of this game to be incredibly fun is sorely underplayed by matchmaking. You just pick a gametype and strap yourself in to play it a while.

Make it as close to getting a group of folks together for Friday Night Halo games at somebody's house as possible, just over LIVE. You know there would be more community among the players, because you know there are regulars who will start looking for certain people who do certain game types they like.

Thank you for reading.

Happy Gaming,

MLOW