Halo 2 HD Now a possibility

Halo: Combat Evolved might have spawned an army of console first-person shooter fans and a generation of console shooters, but in many people’s eyes it was Halo 2 that spawned the prominent rise of Live and online multiplayer on consoles.

Speaking at Gamescom today, Executive Producer, Dan Ayoub, said that they might have no choice but to remake and release the HD remake of Halo 2 down the line.

“Halo 1 came about because of fans had requested it for a really long time,” said Ayoub, “So nothing’s impossible for the future, but it's the 10 year anniversary of Halo 1 this year, so that’s we’re on about.”

But what about if the fans speak up after Halo: Anniversary launches?

“Well, I might not have a choice!” chuckled Ayoub.

With fan demand and feedback effectively spawning the remake of Halo: Combat Evolved in the form of Halo: Anniversary, it’s looking good that it could do the same for the sequel if us mere mortals let our voices heard.

I could only dream of having a H2 remake. The possibilities, having it just the way it was.......ahhhhhh! Start a petition and I will sign with my paw print immediately! I could see the old players who left long ago crawling out of the wood work for that "Blast from the Past" feeling. I'll beat my pinky ring that BOB would play that one!

Great to hear, it seems 343 has actually been listening to and giving the fans what they desire. I respect this. Though with Halo 2 please listen once more, everyone who plays the game at any decent levels wants it pixel perfect. Running at a higher resolution, some better shadowing, etc. Sure. But the multiplayer should be left as is as far as mechanics.

This would be sweet... Part of me hopes they kinda tweak with the mechanics of the game tho, to give it more of a Halo CE feel to it, because in recent interviews, they totally praise the original Halo's feel/controls, and (well, for one) I hope they give Halo 4 more of a "CE treatment", but Halo 2 to me, really lacked and lost the feel of the original, which disappointed me. Halo 3 felt different too, but it didn't come in as much of a surprise... To be honest, every Halo felt different, despite having the same basic gameplay fundamentals.

• 1 month later...

For me, Halo 2 was the best damn thing since sliced Bread. I want a remake, but the multiplayer must be Halo 2's style of multiplayer, maybe halo 4's style. The campaign must be perfect! I got alot of sentimental feelings for that game....ones on every level..a feeling of beautiful, but painful nostalgia..... just keep those feelings to the game. Also the campaign must have the same glitches it had before, must have a juggernaut flood at the original place it's always been in halo 2....and skulls......oh and the multiplayer cannot have any of those unfair glitches.

Loved every single Halo 2 map! It's my favorite halo game made and if Halo 2 was remade i think it'd bring back my interest into the Halo series. Current Halo games in my opinion are just too much crap and don't have that wierd feel to it like Halo 1 and 2 had to me. Halo 3 was pretty bad imo.. and not to mention the was following it. I hope 343 Industries actually solve and bring back Halo to what it really was. Seeing Halo 1 being remade for the 360 actually seems really interesting and hope they don't change the mechanics to the original. Bungie completely ****** that up in Halo 3-Reach.

• 2 weeks later...
maybe we should start a petition to get some attention for Halo 2 remake? lets nag them into submission lol

Ill sign it in all CAPS lol and I have atleast half my xbl friends list(if not all my friends) that would as well. Man a halo 2 remake would be SICK. Please 343 lol, I miss everything about H2! Super bounces, button glitches and everything should be in the potential H2 remake if thats possible anyway.

I could only dream of having a H2 remake. The possibilities, having it just the way it was.......ahhhhhh! Start a petition and I will sign with my paw print immediately! I could see the old players who left long ago crawling out of the wood work for that "Blast from the Past" feeling. I'll beat my pinky ring that BOB would play that one!

Halo 2 remake must be a possibility! Although I never played it. It looks so much better than Halo CE. Ahhh, I can also imagine the vast environments and possibilities they could make. But Halo 2 matchmaking will be a disaster If they remake it. Reach is the dominating one, with three (don't forget about H3!) multiplayer servers running. No Way at all. But this will be a excellent Idea.

Halo 2 remake must be a possibility! Although I never played it. It looks so much better than Halo CE. Ahhh, I can also imagine the vast environments and possibilities they could make. But Halo 2 matchmaking will be a disaster If they remake it. Reach is the dominating one, with three (don't forget about H3!) multiplayer servers running. No Way at all. But this will be a excellent Idea.

Reach would die off if halo 2 had multiplayer again. You obviously never played it lol. It was EPIC! H2 is the reason i bought a xbox in the first place. If it wasnt for halo2 I would still be on playstation, no doubt. Not to mention I met most of my xbl friends through H2 and we are still gaming on halo3 today. Man I miss those days. I'm sorry for you missing out on halo2, it was AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...

Reach would die off if halo 2 had multiplayer again. You obviously never played it lol. It was EPIC! H2 is the reason i bought a xbox in the first place. If it wasnt for halo2 I would still be on playstation, no doubt. Not to mention I met most of my xbl friends through H2 and we are still gaming on halo3 today. Man I miss those days. I'm sorry for you missing out on halo2, it was AWESOME!

I say give Halo 2's maps as a Reach map pack. Same for H3.

I say give Halo 2's maps as a Reach map pack. Same for H3.

No offense but I dont wanna play classic maps on reach anymore. They don't play well at all because of AA's. It ruins my old memories of maps. Lets put them in halo 4 if anything, although I would like all original maps for H4.

• 2 weeks later...
If they do remake it, it better be the last remake they do! It would just get way too out of hand having every Halo remade :P

They wouldn't remake a game that is already on the xbox 360. I think we will see a halo 2 remake. We can't leave one halo game on the regular xbox by itself. It is arguably the best halo multiplayer so far. Im all for it. Lets get all the halos on the 360, it only makes sense.