War Game population is REALLY low

sindronian

So, seeing how this subject is important and I've had numerous replies (some helpful many not). I'm going to edit my original post to be a little more serious. I'm not going to change any of my opinions. I believe the following:

Yeah so War Games population went under 200k and I'm pretty sure it's getting lower. The most people I've seen online were like under 600k. I know black ops 2 came out but that is hardly an excuse. That just means half of the people who are playing halo were just waiting for a different game. So I really do think 343 did a great job but I guess it wasn't good enough and if they start bringing in half-ass forge world maps into multiplayer they can cut their population in half again. Reach got boring because of three things IMO:

1. 3 voting options constantly consisting of crappy forge world maps.

2. Little gametype variety (barely got to play king of the hill, head hunter, no juggernaut etc. Always slayer.)

3. Armor coc- I mean lock

In Halo 4 these things seemed to go wrong:

- Playlist variety. 343 decided to throw in playlists over time. I don't really agree with this, but whatever. The issue is, is that they picked the wrong playlists IMO. Oddball a playlist and not swat (I know, it's in. I've already played it a few days ago)? What? I'm not the biggest fan of swat but Halo Reach should have been proof enough for that decision. I know they wanted to show off oddball because they changed it but I would have preferred a rumble pit style or objective playlist. 343 also could have taken stuff like invasion/head hunter and made them better. They took out a lot of stuff. I'm sure they have their reasons but the mutliplayer experience that came with launch isn't that impressive and that is important.

- Implemented and brought back annoying stuff like hardlight shield and active camo. Active camo? Why? Why not make this an ordinance drop? Overshield is! Oh wait, isn't so people can use it in corners and assassinate people repeatedly in order to master the accommodation? Well that was a stupid decision.

- Made a great game but the above things could easily ruin it. No to mention I've lagged in Halo 4 like no other game. Idk why.

- Forced people into playing ranked matches by matching everyone up with people their skill level in every playlist. This is the big one. Halo 3 was successful for a reason. I know you've heard this many times before but it's so important. Having a social and ranked playlist that is. I am now SR-42 in Halo 4 and I am repeatedly getting my ass whooped in whatever gametype I choose (except big team sometimes). The odd time I'll dominate. What about middle games? Even competition? Almost never. I don't want to try-hard against try-hards every match. I don't want to dance and crouch and jump with my DMR in order to win every gunfight. My balls nearly strangle themselves through the stress of the competitiveness of Halo 4. People are saying there is no competitive play. Are you crazy? It's the exact opposite. You are matched with players around your skill level for every playlist. I was doing fine until I got near 50. Now I'm fighting coordinated teams who play predator and assassinate me with active camo EVERY GAME. If anything is responsible for the pop decrease it's THE FAILURE TO SEPARATE DIFFERENT KINDS OF PLAYERS. I don't want every game to be stressful where I have to try my very best to keep up. Before you call me a bad player look up my service record please. It's not amazing but I'm no noob.

343, dayum. Dat population gonna drop, u bettah separate dem competitive mother truckers from dem social moda truckas or else! Reach baby! Reach all over again!

- Forced people into playing ranked matches by matching everyone up with people their skill level in every playlist (I don't want to get owned I want to pwn random noobs).

And that right there is what makes you not even worth the time. Can't play against people of the same skill level and want to do nothing but roll scrubs? Then I'm glad you're miserable with the game so you'll leave sooner. Folks like you are exactly what's wrong with gaming in general.

And that right there is what makes you not even worth the time. Can't play against people of the same skill level and want to do nothing but roll scrubs? Then I'm glad you're miserable with the game so you'll leave sooner. Folks like you are exactly what's wrong with gaming in general.

I'm disappointed with a disgusting response like that. It just shows that you completely misunderstand me or that you are trying to simply be negative. There was a social and ranked playlist in Halo 3 for a reason. If I go into ranked, it's frustrating mostly fighting people above my level who are ninjas and dance around me with their BRs. If I go into social, I'm still challenged but I run into a lot of noobs that help with giant multi kills. It's a lot more fun. You know all those crazy montages you see? Most of those are in social. But you already know this, so shame on you for your comment. You know how many people prefer social? Not just me! I know why you left out the part "I want social" in your quote you know exactly what I'm talking about. See how long you last dancing with a DMR against people who invest 3 times as much playtime in the game as you soon in Halo 4. You'll get so sick of it I guarantee you. You'll have no way out of it because there is no social playlist. So many people are afraid to admit this but I'm not.

I play halo for F.U.N

This guy has an almost identical view https://forums.halow...g-tryhards.aspx

First off the "ranks" are nothing more that how much a player has played the game, and has little to do with skill.

Secondly, how pathetic are you? You don't want to play people of equal skill, you want to spend your day playing lesser players......there's a winning life attitude.

You can refer to the above perhaps I wasn't clear.

step your game up and you wont get pwned... and i can see active camo on the other side of the map... its hardly camo

i dont know how u see them across the map cause i cant seem them until im like 4 feet aay

and so far i havent had lag so ur wifi must be terrible and i havent played a single forge map in war games and also i play halo for "F.U.N." and competiveness

step your game up and you wont get pwned... and i can see active camo on the other side of the map... its hardly camo

That's the most bull**** I've heard yet. You obviously can't see camo that far away unless you scope in with a sniper rifle and stare for 5 minutes the camo in this game is ridiculous. Try seeing a guy in active camo well the rest of the co-ordinated enemy team is DMR'ing you all at once where you have like .6 seconds to live because you showed your face outside of your spawn. Step my game up are you joking? I can't compete with some people man. The try-hards. I don't research every detail of the game and crouch/dance in order to get out alive of a gun fight. I'm SR-42 now and I'm running into more and more of those people. Social playlists keeps most of them away. I'm telling you right now if Halo 4 doesn't split the two types of gamers I'm talking about multiplayer is going to fail hard just like Reach you'll see.

i dont know how u see them across the map cause i cant seem them until im like 4 feet aay

and so far i havent had lag so ur wifi must be terrible and i havent played a single forge map in war games and also i play halo for "F.U.N." and competiveness

I know a lot of people who've run into major lag. I haven't played a single forge map either but there are tuns of threads on waypoint begging for them because we apparently don't have enough maps right now. I play for F.U.N and competiveness too but with the current matchmaking system once you rank up decently it's only the latter, competitiveness.

If the game doesn't flow into the casual experience of custom games, then it will get stale fast. That is why Halo 3 is generally the most enjoyable game so far.

Yep. It's really not complicated why Halo 3 was the most successful game. 343 is apparently too smart to realise why and just herped and derped and sooner or later this game will flop. I'm already sick of it because of the ridiculous competitiveness. At my rank every firefight is a challenge the stress never lets off. It's horrible.

Wanna know something funny? I was younger but, I don't believe I've ever rage quit ONCE in Halo 3. If I did rage quit, it was so few times I can't even remember. It's because the game was laid back in social. I piratically tore my own balls off playing halo reach and now of course I've torn them off while playing halo 4.

I do think though that many times it is just people you find and not just the game being too competitive. Many times I have found games where about everyone is the same skill level (usually on big team battle and Dominion).

I also really like Dominion when you are lacking in the skill department. Because when your team finally realizes this and overcomes the enemy the satisfaction is far greater. This is experienced the best on the snowy map which name escapes me on the middle base.

1. Actually they increased the variety. With playlists being more specific, people can play what they want. They are also updating the playlists weekly so there should be some more new ones coming out soon.

2.Hardlight shield is can hardly be compared to armor lock. They usually throw it up when they have no shields so just sprint around it and melee them. It's not hard because they move slowly when it's being used.

I do think though that many times it is just people you find and not just the game being too competitive. Many times I have found games where about everyone is the same skill level (usually on big team battle and Dominion).

I also really like Dominion when you are lacking in the skill department. Because when your team finally realizes this and overcomes the enemy the satisfaction is far greater. This is experienced the best on the snowy map which name escapes me on the middle base.

I guess? To be honest when I'm grouping with randoms I wouldn't even care to notice something like that. All I notice is people throwing themselves into B base like they're already dead and eventually it works. lol. Sometimes I play against a team and it is a close call. Most times I beat a team completely or get owned. It's like, I'm either really happy or really frustrated. This doesn't work because I'm usually frustrated unlike in Halo 3.

@sindronian: Just stop, people like you are the people who are bringing this community down. It's not Halo Reach or Halo 4's fault that you are terrible at a game that actually takes skill. Calling peoples ideas dumb and them stupid does not make you right. It makes you a jerk who should stop. I play Halo for F.U.N. as well and I'm loving it. The Halo community is full of great people who don't want, nor need to have their ideas called stupid or bull****. I for one love to have a little competition in a game. And before you start ranting on about active camo. It honestly takes a pro to use it in Halo 4. I have seen so many people get killed trying to use active camo and I myself have been caught quite a bit. I (and many other people) think that the Camo is fine. Also camo has been in Halo since Combat Evolved. So please, just stop.

-Sincerely your friendly naborhood Spiderman XD

1. Actually they increased the variety. With playlists being more specific, people can play what they want. They are also updating the playlists weekly so there should be some more new ones coming out soon.

2.Hardlight shield is can hardly be compared to armor lock. They usually throw it up when they have no shields so just sprint around it and melee them. It's not hard because they move slowly when it's being used.

Yes I understand what you mean about the playlists but I don't want to wait three months until we have a working system. I liked playlists like rumble pit in Halo 3 I think giving oddball it's own playlist is laughable to be honest. I wouldn't agree they increased variety because I refuse to base my opinion of what will be I'm basing it on what is.

Hardlight shield isn't near as much of a horrible idea as armor lock. However, hardlight shield already choked my first killamanjaro (possibly killionaire) and if more people start using it then it will become incredibly annoying. It's just not needed I would prefer it didn't exist. Same with active camo. Active camo should be in ordinance why didn't they think of that? Overshield is in ordinance and one could argue active camo is just as powerful! But no...let's give EVERYONE active camo so they can all get the assassination accommodations. For crying out loud how stupid!

@sindronian: Just stop, people like you are the people who are bringing this community down. It's not Halo Reach or Halo 4's fault that you are terrible at a game that actually takes skill. Calling peoples ideas dumb and them stupid does not make you right. It makes you a jerk who should stop. I play Halo for F.U.N. as well and I'm loving it. The Halo community is full of great people who don't want, nor need to have their ideas called stupid or bull****. I for one love to have a little competition in a game. And before you start ranting on about active camo. It honestly takes a pro to use it in Halo 4. I have seen so many people get killed trying to use active camo and I myself have been caught quite a bit. I (and many other people) think that the Camo is fine. Also camo has been in Halo since Combat Evolved. So please, just stop.

-Sincerely your friendly naborhood Spiderman XD

No I'm going to complain, sorry if you don't like it. I'm not terrible at the game. Look up my records. You failed to reflect on any of the major points in this discussion and simply pointed out my mild aggression towards annoying responses. It's people like YOU who aren't bringing anything to the table. About camo? Well, I disagree. When someone says they can see active camo across the map I will say that's BS because that is BS. Sorry if you're in denial.

Are you trying to tell me it takes SKILL to sit with active camo and get assassinations the entire game for some ridiculous accommodation? Wake up bro.

Hardlight shield isn't near as much of a horrible idea as hardlight shield. However, hardlight shield already choked my first killamanjaro (possibly killionaire) and if more people start using it then it will become incredibly annoying. It's just not needed I would prefer it didn't exist. Same with active camo. Active camo should be in ordinance for fu$#'s sake why didn't they think of that? Overshield is in ordinance and one could argue active camo is just as powerful! But no...let's give EVERYONE active camo so they can all get the assassination accommodations. For crying out loud how stupid!

Hm, I'm glad they improved the idea of Hardlight shield from Hardlight shield. :D

You also said you such, but you almost had a killaminjaro? I seem to be pretty good at the game, but have only pulled off 1 overkill.

• Like 2

No I'm going to complain, sorry if you don't like it. I'm not terrible at the game. Look up my records. You failed to reflect on any of the major points in this discussion and simply pointed out my mild aggression towards annoying responses. It's people like YOU who aren't bringing anything to the table. About camo? Well, I disagree. When someone says they can see active camo across the map I will say that's BS because that is BS. Sorry if you're in denial.

Are you trying to tell me it takes SKILL to sit with active camo and get assassinations the entire game for some ridiculous accommodations? Wake up bro.

It's people like YOU. All you do is whine because you are terrible at the game. And actually yes, apparently more skill than you have. If you move even slightly people can see you. I've used it and seen it used quite a lot. And don't go whinning about Hardlight sheild now cuz you are terrible at killing people with it. Damn, you're just some whinning kid who can't get his way. Grow up or leave. You don't belong in an amazing community like the one we have here. Now just stop kid.

Hm, I'm glad they improved the idea of Hardlight shield from Hardlight shield. :D

You also said you such, but you almost had a killaminjaro? I seem to be pretty good at the game, but have only pulled off 1 overkill.

Lol my mistake I fixed it. I got a killtrocity on regicide on abandon with a scattershot. I ran over to the red dot on my radar for the killamanjaro and it was some guy just slowly walking in with a hardlight shield lol. Obviously when I shot nothing happened.

It's people like YOU. All you do is whine because you are terrible at the game. And actually yes, apparently more skill than you have. If you move even slightly people can see you. I've used it and seen it used quite a lot. And don't go whinning about Hardlight sheild now cuz you are terrible at killing people with it. Damn, you're just some whinning kid who can't get his way. Grow up or leave. You don't belong in an amazing community like the one we have here. Now just stop kid.

Are you still calling me terrible look up my service record you ignorant I'm not amazing but I'm not a noob I've logged in over 50000 kills in Halo. My K.D has never been below 1. You're comment was unhelpful and just as useless as the other guys. Look at all the other replies. Notice they are a "discussion" not a fight. Go away before you make yourself look even more intelligent, please.

Oh and just to prove how "terrible" I am check out this montage I threw together because I was so excited for this game which turned out to be...well, obviously not that great:

Are you still calling me terrible look up my service record you ignorant I'm not amazing but I'm not a noob I've logged in over 50000 kills in Halo. My K.D has never been below 1. You're comment was unhelpful and just as useless as the other guys. Look at all the other replies. Notice they are a "discussion" not a fight. Go away before you make yourself look even more intelligent, please.

If you actually read what I said you'd understand I'm actually trying to discuss but you're being a whinny brat who sucks at Halo. If you can't kill someone with a Hardlight sheild you must suck. Just telling you the truth.

If you actually read what I said you'd understand I'm actually trying to discuss but you're being a whinny brat who sucks at Halo. If you can't kill someone with a Hardlight sheild you must suck. Just telling you the truth.

I did read your useless comment. If I can't kill someone with a hardlight shield I suck? Well first of all I don't think it's possible to kill someone with a hard light shield (lol I mean using the shield itself bro, should have said "using a hardlightshield" not with). Second of all you're obviously a troll who is trying to make me mad. So knowing this, this is my last reply to you. I apologize to everyone who has witnessed this stupidity.

By the way I don't determine how good you are by your K/D, but instead by how you play the objective.

Darn...I guess I suck. :(

Not bothered to be honest. It's understandable after Reach most of the population just went away.

And people probably have moved on with their lifes, and some of them probably switched over to other games, moved onto computer gaming.

Me I don't see what the big deal is with population numbers. Don't see how that effects me enjoying the game that I paid for.