Halo 4 trueskill 1-50 will make or break for many fans GL 343

Lee James Garry

all i know is me and my friends quite a few of them have said without a trueskill system halo 4 will be the last halo we buy. i think the fans have had enough now and halo 4 ranking system will make or break the franchise.

i just hope 343 have realised not to listen to the bad kids and casual players this time and listen to the players who know what they are talking about.

HALO is a competitive GAME and always will be trying to make it casual like reach just kills it i have no problem with their being 2 ranking systems one for social players Reach style for inheritor and so on and one trueskill based system surly after reach failing so hard that MLG removed it.

343 must be thinking HMM why did reach fail HMMMMM why has reach only around 30k players online after 2 years when halo 3 constantly had 200k after the same emount of time from release day because people hated the dmr/bloom ohhh and what else did we change that people did not like hmm what could it be ???? oh yes thats it the ranking system people hated not having a 1-50 system to work on/play through to keep them playing to keep them addicted.

its not rocket science and as for not having a ranking system due to cheating people host boot even in reach there will always be cheaters ranking system or no ranking system i hope u make the right choice 343 GL.

• Like 3

>2012

>Still caring about MLG

ahahaha

I would have to agree...MLG is a joke, it was good back in the day when it was a bunch of underground players who were actually good, now you get players who think they are good who say things like "I go for rockets because they are a good controll weapon"....no kidding, they are FREAKING rockets, they kill all lol...

Back on topic though...I could care less about a ranking system in Halo 4 at this point, if they add one then awesome, if not, oh well...I will still play it for the fun of Halo

• Like 1

I personally agree with OP, 1-50 ranking system from halo 2 and 3 was legit. Reach was a joke, you could be teamed with players who are either better or worse than you. Having some sort of ranking system is needed, and it's understandable that the community can have different opinions about whether or not a ranking system is needed or not. On the other hand their is an other part of the community who desires a ranking system.

It felt great after getting your 50 after all the hard work you put in just to get it, and with Reach all you really needed was a good amount of playing time to achieve a high rank.

Ok I gotta get real with this, cuz personally I DO NOT see the point as to why this has to be a pure competitive game to satisfy your needs or anyone elses. I happen to be a casual player, and from that I know that what your saying is alittle biased. Plus you can't qualify someone based off of their skill in a GAME, casual players know a thing or two as well and that makes me take offense.

You can play competitively on a progressive based system, one of the so-called "competitive" games that's out there is CoD and it's pure progression. MLG has become a joke, not only do MLG players nowadays run around and either camp, or run for the power weapons, but most MLG players are now 13-16 year olds who talk trash, and are only competitive because they don't have a real life to tend to, and the real MLG players left have to deal with that.

I prefer to play the game for playing the game, whether it be online multiplayer, campaign, or Spartan Ops. If you or anyone else leaves because the game doesn't suit your high-end competitive needs, then just leave, no one is stopping you.

If you are a true MLG player the ranking system won't keep you from playing competitively, and you will play the game regardless of little technicalities. It's starting to get old having people pushing these personal "ransom notes" to 343 saying their game will fail without a competitive rank or some other little item that you personally want.

Whether or not you like it isn't an issue to the main body, the game will come out, people will play it whether it has a competitive ranking system or not, and most people will enjoy it, because they won't dwell on some little technicality.

Really all you can do is play it and enjoy it, or dwell on this and don't.

My personal opinion is, the game should be made to where EVERYONE can enjoy it, and not be geared to sole competitive play or progression, because not everyone has time to play the game and get awesome at it.

And to lighten this post a bit, both systems have been pretty much confirmed, there is a so-called skill based system thats supposed to be announced soon. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also I'm a fan and I have enjoyed every game, so don't lump all fans into the mix.

• Like 2

I have to say i saw my older brother play halo when i was like 8... And I always dreamed about that cool armored guy called Master Chief.

Now I am 16, and I have been playing Halo 3 for like... 3 years now, i happened to play Reach because i bought it and I didn't enjoy it, maybe only the zombie mode. Something was missing to me. I mean the balance, the coolness you felt because you won "just because you PLAYED better" on a fair matchup. I have a modest 32 skill which isnt all that bad, but i was 16 three or four months ago... I actually got better.

As i told before I am not a 50, i personally hate legit 50s because they kick your ass every damn time right after you turn around a corner: but they EARNED it. i want to earn it, to play fairly with the best players, I love competitive play because it's fun, but you dont waste your time: you have to learn and correct your errors.

And in Halo 3 you could do that! And you could play in social, which was a lot of fun ( running around on a mongoose trying to slay ppl with a shotgun...). You could both have fun and play competitive... I mean what the hell was wrong with it!

Seriuosly without true skill Halo is less Halo... And more standardized FPS. And without true skill I'm buying just because i have friends to enjoy it with... but after 3 months I will desperatly search for matches on Halo 3 again... As always...

An average Halo 3 player.

• Like 1

To me it seems like in the end every other person is arguing about the same thing. We just want the game to be fun.

That being said the OP did say some stuff that can be taken in offense. Just because we have a life and don't play competitively 24/7 doesn't mean we have no say, and telling a company to cater to your ideals is pretty snobby.

IMO if you want to prove to the world you're amazing join tournaments and go pro. Otherwise, you're just another common gamer anyway, 50 or not.

Its not even about being the best, its about going into matchmaking and not getting people of lesser skill on your team and which make you lose. They should have a ranking system, its a team game and if you get bad teammates it just brings you down. So atleast with a ranking system you can find people your skill level. (Yes I know boosting and buying 50s but for the majority you get good kids.) Also to buddy who made point about MLG back in 2010 right before Reach release MLG was still huge, and if they had a competive game like halo 2 and 3 along with starcraft they would be becoming bigger. But with reach they didnt have a chance to.

Its not even about being the best, its about going into matchmaking and not getting people of lesser skill on your team and which make you lose. They should have a ranking system, its a team game and if you get bad teammates it just brings you down. So atleast with a ranking system you can find people your skill level. (Yes I know boosting and buying 50s but for the majority you get good kids.) Also to buddy who made point about MLG back in 2010 right before Reach release MLG was still huge, and if they had a competive game like halo 2 and 3 along with starcraft they would be becoming bigger. But with reach they didnt have a chance to.

In Halo 3, even on ranked matches I would get teammates with the same rank, that were absolutely horrible. The rank isn't a guarantee either. A good, functional trueskill system would be the answer.

Lolz my first account was a 42 and that was several years ago, I would face low levels and they would destroy my team, and I would face 45-50's and they would be garbage...my new current account is only a 7 and I can destroy a higher rank, rank means nothing...

Lolz my first account was a 42 and that was several years ago, I would face low levels and they would destroy my team, and I would face 45-50's and they would be garbage...my new current account is only a 7 and I can destroy a higher rank, rank means nothing...

That low level players you're speaking off could be playing under their second account. =p

Here's the thing. I really like the ranking system in Halo 2 & 3, and it had kept me playing much much longer than Reach. But it will never be a deal breaker for me in buying a Halo game.

After playing COD games for so long, I do miss those moments where I'd say to myself, "**** there's a level 49 here." You know damn well that if you're seeing a group of 47-49s in Halo 3 ranked matches, you better bring your best game and prepare for the worst.

Yes there were some terrible high ranked players (even myself at level 48, 2nd account, had my own bad days), but from experience, matches were mostly competitive for me.

I do hate being grouped with people in Halo 3 that take ranking so seriously. When losing, they're some of the most angry people I've seen on XBL.

So yeah from reading around the forums, I'm glad there will be some sort of match making based on skill.

That low level players you're speaking off could be playing under their second account. =p

Here's the thing. I really like the ranking system in Halo 2 & 3, and it had kept me playing much much longer than Reach. But it will never be a deal breaker for me in buying a Halo game.

After playing COD games for so long, I do miss those moments where I'd say to myself, "**** there's a level 49 here." You know damn well that if you're seeing a group of 47-49s in Halo 3 ranked matches, you better bring your best game and prepare for the worst.

Yes there were some terrible high ranked players (even myself at level 48, 2nd account, had my own bad days), but from experience, matches were mostly competitive for me.

I do hate being grouped with people in Halo 3 that take ranking so seriously. When losing, they're some of the most angry people I've seen on XBL.

So yeah from reading around the forums, I'm glad there will be some sort of match making based on skill.

I agree...hopefully in tomorrow's Bulletin it will all be revealed. I would relaly like a combination of the two. And yeah I figured some of those "low" levels were on their second or so account, heck thats what I am doing to higher levels right now lol

Just stop pretending gaming is a sport and you have to earn things

Enjoy a great game. I loved Halo 2's ranking system, but it was so hard to get above 30. Then you go to Halo 3 which it is super easy to get 40+ in several different playlists, I was a level 29 in Halo 2 and was a 45 on two accounts in Halo 3. My problem with basing your whole game around a campaign then a multiplayer with a ranking system is that the game get's stale over time. Halo 2, this wasn't so much the case because you still had tons of glitches to play with. However, in Halo 3, the forge system was mostly complicated, the ranking system was too easy, and there wasn't enough to do inside the game to keep it interesting. I actually consider Halo 3 a step back, not a step forward. Not that Halo 3 wasn't fun and didn't have it's moments, but Halo 2 held my attention for much longer and technically it had less to do online.

Halo 4 isn't just basing themselves off of a ranking system to bring players in and keep them around. 343 is working on making the game fun to play on multiple levels, you have a great campaign, spartan ops is everything bungie wished ODST was, a great multiplayer, and a full scale zombie mode.

Not to mention, Spartan ops is a full scale campaign telling a side story on top of the main campaign.

The ranking system won't matter at all, because all of those "hardcore" gamers went to CoD, which is basically a joke in terms of ranking systems. <-That renders your argument invalid

Just stop pretending gaming is a sport and you have to earn things

Enjoy a great game. I loved Halo 2's ranking system, but it was so hard to get above 30. Then you go to Halo 3 which it is super easy to get 40+ in several different playlists, I was a level 29 in Halo 2 and was a 45 on two accounts in Halo 3. My problem with basing your whole game around a campaign then a multiplayer with a ranking system is that the game get's stale over time. Halo 2, this wasn't so much the case because you still had tons of glitches to play with. However, in Halo 3, the forge system was mostly complicated, the ranking system was too easy, and there wasn't enough to do inside the game to keep it interesting. I actually consider Halo 3 a step back, not a step forward. Not that Halo 3 wasn't fun and didn't have it's moments, but Halo 2 held my attention for much longer and technically it had less to do online.

Halo 4 isn't just basing themselves off of a ranking system to bring players in and keep them around. 343 is working on making the game fun to play on multiple levels, you have a great campaign, spartan ops is everything bungie wished ODST was, a great multiplayer, and a full scale zombie mode.

Not to mention, Spartan ops is a full scale campaign telling a side story on top of the main campaign.

The ranking system won't matter at all, because all of those "hardcore" gamers went to CoD, which is basically a joke in terms of ranking systems. <-That renders your argument invalid

I agree with this post, and as I said earlier on, OP you can't come in and demand your thoughts to be heard, and have others (the "casual" players) ignored. Also just because casual players like me don't want to play competitively all the time doesn't mean we are trash, in all actuality any person calling someone else trash because they don't bend to your ideals, really means that you, yourself are trash.

Plus in the end 343 has already stated there will be some sort of skill system involved, but there will never be a "true-skill" system because that sort of system will always leave others out. If you don't like Halo because of that technicality then don't bother calling yourself a true Halo fan, or even a good player. If you were you will enjoy it regardless of these small issues. In the end no one cares if you leave, it's ultimately up to you.

Halo 4 will be good, you will only ruin it for yourself by focusing on this.

Exactly

It's funny because I know alot of people that complain about Halo's ranking system now, and they sit around putting tons of hours into CoD

Oh the irony

I could care less about rank...I play to have fun with my friends...at this point ranks are just little symbols, I know how good or bad I am...I dont need a little number or symbol telling me that lol

Exactly

It's funny because I know alot of people that complain about Halo's ranking system now, and they sit around putting tons of hours into CoD

Oh the irony

Yeah it is ironic considering CoD is just the same in terms of leveling.

You dont need the symbols but why not put them in?

Point is we don't mind having both. What we do mind is having some "competitive" player coming in and saying every casual player doesn't matter, and that we are all "bad kids".

I don't care if it's there off to the side.

to me a rank is just a title. i judge people by their skill. i couldn't care less about the ranking system

I am in a similar boat, I used to play for ranks and proving I was better, but than I realized it doesnt matter, I am still good, but could care less about a symbol or number next to my name. Though I am a completionist and will go for SR-130