UNSC Mantis

Wes Stone501

I think they'll treat it like the sabre in reach

Correct, the Mantis will not be playable in War Games. It will definitely be used in Campaign, with the possibility of it showing up in Spartan Ops (there has been nothing confirmed yet).

I'm looking forward to mowing through Crawlers.

Wow, having this mech-like machine could really add some interesting aspects to War Games. I was a little worried that the weapons would be the only "large" change to gameplay, but the addition of such a vehicle would drastically alter certain instances and maps while playing online. I'm pretty hyped!

i just wonder how powerful its gonna be lol

It looks like the War Games version (I say version because it looks smaller) will be effective against infantry and small vehicles at best, but could be easily taken out by a couple shots from a power weapon. (Excluding the Spartan Lazor, which would take only one lol)

I wonder if it can jump or take a fall?

I hope so, but for some reason I feel doubtful of the jumping. Taking a fall probably but not without damaging it considerably :P

I can already see people making mech battle maps with different types of terrain on them.

You're totally right. I can see a lot of potential for a wide variety of Custom Games / Mini-games. This could end up being a very cool and original addition to the Halo 4 experience overall. Is it official confirmed to be in Forge/Custom games though? Or is it still unknown?

You're totally right. I can see a lot of potential for a wide variety of Custom Games / Mini-games. This could end up being a very cool and original addition to the Halo 4 experience overall. Is it official confirmed to be in Forge/Custom games though? Or is it still unknown?

Look at the Trailer above

or the pics...

I feel like it's over powering with a HMG, rocket launcher, and can kill a scorpian really fast, so you should try killing from afar or sneaking and hijacking.

I agree. It seems to be very op, because it has good weapons and it is very fast.

I hope it is not to difficult to beat it.

I agree. It seems to be very op, because it has good weapons and it is very fast.

I don't think 343 will create a map that has only one Mantis spawn. It'll be available for both teams to allow a fair battlegrounds; especially with a tank and a banshee to balance out that equation, it just comes down to who sees who first.

I don't think we can say yet to be sure, we've seen its power but thats one emeny's not shooting at it, so we have no clue how much it can take, it might be very weak or strong, also the scorpian in the video was isnt even looking at the mantis when it got murderd, so maybe the scorpian will still be top dog, also the banshee's movement speed and roll ablitys will make it hard for the mantis to track you, plus also all the banshee's we saw get destroyed didn't even shoot at it, plus when you take in the actual size of this beast of a machine, then you can tell there is no where to really hide, so its going to be taking alot of fire from all sides at all times, but that my opinion but we still wont know until we see it being killed by other vehicles.