The next U.S. president

IcyMeteor

My opinion is this... I don't trust Obama in office any longer. The amount of money he has used to create jobs has not created much of anything at all... in fact, unemployment rates are still terrible. Second, he has been making a lot of cuts in the overseas military.. this latest one affected contractors. How do I know this? One of my co-workers fathers lost his job over here because of Obama's most recent budget cuts from the military.

I want to give Romney a chance... and if it doesn't work out we always have the next election. But I don't want to see what Obama will do with another term. Both candidates have their flaws, but only one has been in office and has placed the US in further debt. Obama spent somewhere around the same amount that W. Bush had in his 8 years... in only 4. Thing is, most of G.W.Bush's spending was due to the war.

• Like 3

This election year would honestly be an election where I would simply not vote. I do not like any of the candidates-independents, republicans, or democrats-so I would have a hard time voting. I do not agree with Romney by any stretch of the imagination but I do not agree with Obama, either. However, Obama is the better candidate out of these two, I still do not like either enough, though.

I honestly wish that Ron Paul would have won the GOP Candidacy, he is a libertarian which is, more or less, what USA needs at the moment. He has liberal idea's but is still open to suggestion and wants the US to be more free and independent rather than locked down and dependent. What we really need are some Federalists but that is just not happening.

• Like 3

My opinion is this... I don't trust Obama in office any longer. The amount of money he has used to create jobs has not created much of anything at all... in fact, unemployment rates are still terrible. Second, he has been making a lot of cuts in the overseas military.. this latest one affected contractors. How do I know this? One of my co-workers fathers lost his job over here because of Obama's most recent budget cuts from the military.

I want to give Romney a chance... and if it doesn't work out we always have the next election. But I don't want to see what Obama will do with another term. Both candidates have their flaws, but only one has been in office and has placed the US in further debt. Obama spent somewhere around the same amount that W. Bush had in his 8 years... in only 4. Thing is, most of G.W.Bush's spending was due to the war.

Thats how I feel sure obama did create new jobs but it didn't really do anything cause we are still in major debt and there are still millions of people layed off so I say out with the old and in with the new.

First, I am more conservative, but am mostly moderate.

Obama has has had four years to run the country, inheriting a difficult situation. Our nation's debt has grown tremendously, and many programs are losing money fast. Although our economy is getting better, we are barely above when Obama took office and the world economy is much weaker. Obama has made right decisions, but other times he doesn't make any at all. Iran has sold one of our Predator drones to China, the Middle East is currently in uproar (may not be Obama's fault, but action to protect our embassies really hasn't occured), and our debt is out of control.

Regardless what Obama inherited, it has been "Obama's America" for at least a year now. He is currently running on a pledge to accomplish what he promised he would complete in his first term four years ago. I don't like what we are currently headed to right now, so I would not favor electing Obama again.

Romney is not a true conservative person. He stands for what he believes. He is not the best candidate to run for President, clearly. However, I believe that being a former person in the business world, he would be better at helping the economy get going again. Romney is not a strong candidate and will not be the best president.

The decision is between two evils, and I think that Romney has shared some of his plans and they look reasonably solid. We have seen what Obama has done, and I don't like where we are currently headed.

Thus the best option is to vote for neither, but not voting or spliting the vote could just lead us down a similar path to now.

Thus my conclusion, the Sensible thing (get it) would be to vote for Romney. A different path looks much better to me than the bleak path we have now.

• Like 1

Honestly, I have to go with Obama, because my family is below the poverty level. Romney has said multiple times that he would decrease taxes on the rich and put taxes on those who don't have taxes (because they can't afford them), which would hurt my family. Also, he hasn't exactly proven himself as a good politician either. As a matter of fact, I think it wouldn't be a stretch to say that the only reason he is one of the candidates is because he was able to pay off people to support him.

For those of you who think he's the lesser of two evils, here, have this. http://thinkprogress.org/romney-facts/?mobile=nc

I went through and checked around 70 of these, and all the ones I checked checked out.

• Like 4

I am not an American... so I guess my vote really doesn't count... but wouldn't you all say that this has been one of the dirtiest campaigns in a while. There's been a lot of hate and mudsligging going around and to be honest, I really don't find it too professional... I just hope that the U.S will be able to solves its problems soon, because the world is beginning to look unstable enough as it is.

Honestly, both are bad. I, honestly, support Obama though. Mitt Romney sais that he would increase taxes on lower classes, and lower them for the rich. I cant afford any more. Im barely scraping enough money as it is for entertainment. And Obama inherited a horrible position when he took office. The country didn't turn into a ****hole, and i know times are tough. I know Obama isn't the best president ever, but I dont want to take a chance with Rommney

• 2 weeks later...

The way I see it is this. Obama isn't perfect. He has made many many mistakes, the NDAA, continuation of the Patriot Act, the extreme use of the Reaper drone, etc.... However, he has also done many great things for America as a whole, the Affordable Care Act (It isn't government controlled health care...), the stimulus packages (a lot of money was spent on these but just think what would have happened to our economy if he had just let General Motors, Bank of America, Citigroup, and just about every other bank and auto maker go under), and cut down the military in size (as much as people would love to believe, we will in fact not become communists if we spend less than $1 billion on our military every day).

But Obama isn't the only part of why I think he is the better choice, Romney also plays an equal roll. You don't have to look past the debates to see that he is not fit to lead a country. If he doesn't feel like the alpha dog in a given situation he just gets angry. If the debate moderators try to tell him to do anything he just proceeds to get angry at them, which would not be a good thing to do in an international diplomatic situation. Not to mention his most likely non-existent tax plan, since he seems to act like it is truly the greatest thing in the entire world what would be the harm in explaining it to us?

The third and final important part in my decision comes from the current state of the republican party. All you have to do is to look at the number of filibusters put in place by the Senate during Obama's presidency ( http://www.senate.go...otureCounts.htm look at the 111th and 112th rows first coulomb). For those of you who live outside of America I'm going to explain to you why this is such a big deal. The President has no real power when it comes to most things, the only things the President has control over are the military and regulations (also vetos but Obama has only vetoed 2 bills so that's not a big deal), what has the control is Congress. Now Congress is kind of weird, it has two departments, the House and the Senate, bills start in the house and then move to the Senate. Now at the start of Obama's presidency Democrats had control over both the House and the Senate so now you are probably asking something like, well if they had control than why did nothing get done? Well the answer to that is simple, filibusters. You see we have this silly rule called a filibuster which says that if someone can read something for like 10 minutes or so voting on the bill in question will halt indefinitely and can only be resumed if over 60% of representatives vote for it, now conveniently the Democrats did not control over 60% of the senate. This resulted in a situation that has never happened before and never should've happened, since Republicans couldn't get anything past the Democratic controlled House and the Democrats had all of their economic reform bills stopped by the filibuster our government came to a near stand still for two years which given that we were in the middle of a recession at the time and desperately needed our government to step in this was disastrous and at least to me showed that the Republicans didn't actually care what happened to the country and solely wanted Obama to fail.

tl;dr: Obama did an okay job in the situation he was given(first paragraph) especially given that his congress was faced with a record number of horribly abused filibusters courtesy of the Republican party (third paragraph) and is clearly a better choice than Romney who can't even get past a relatively non stressful debate without getting screamey at people (second paragraph).