Pelican Down (Elite Defense)

PJ824

Gamertag: PJ824

Link:http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/career

Map:Pelican Down

Link:http://halo.xbox.com...etails=30454487

Gametype: Invasion (Elite Defense)

Description: This map is played with the standard Invasion gametype BUT with ELITE DEFENSE turned on. It is also meant to be played with 6v6 players but works fine with more than that. The map takes place inside of a Covenant outpost. This outpost holds an energy supply tower that is used to power Covenant vehicles and tools. When the UNSC first located it, it sent in a Pelican with a small squad of Spartans to do the job. Due to the small size of the outpost however, the defenses were under-estimated and the Pelican was shot down. The UNSC is now sending in a larger force of Spartans to complete the mission, which is now not only a breach and clear, but a search and rescue mission also.

In the first tier, the Spartans advance form the small encampments they have set up, to the crashed Pelican. To secure the Pelican, the Spartans must capture the crash site, or a small satellite. One fire team of Spartans spawns inside the Pelican, in order to resemble survivors of the crash. They are trapped in the aircraft by a small piece, which is gated out in the second phase, to resemble the rescuers saving them. There is a way out of the Pelican however, try the opposite end. In the second phase, the Spartans push up to take control of the AA guns that presumably shot down the Pelican. In the third and final phase, the Spartans have to capture the power core from the tower to disable it. Then they must return it to a secured area for a safe ex-fill.

Image:http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/PJ824/fileshare#!/?section=Screenshot&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=30534912

post-31291-0-99965700-1347996201_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Looks pretty cool but can't get a clear idea just from the image so maybe I'll download it to see it further. Nice work though.

It's worth a download. The pelicans pretty cool. but the AA guns are bad-ass, they're just like giant shade turrets with better shielding and fire power.

Very cool job on the map. Although there aren't very many pictures on which to judge this map, I can tell that you put some nice details in on the Pelican and that you are aesthetically conscious (since I can see some ships flying in the background - very cool). I can't really see anything else, but structurally it seems pretty cool. Good job with the map and keep up the great work!

• Like 1

sick i had an idea like this only it was spartans breaking out of a covenant jail cell and escapeing but this looks awesome

thanks, i actually had an idea to do something like a jail, but the opposite way. I wa thinking like the elites would start off in like a lab so its like they are being experimented on. and then they break out.

Nice map, keep it up.

thanks, this is the last invasion map i made. My first two were not that great. I have worked on maybe three since but stopped doing it because i ran out of ideas. However, me and a friend started a new one that has too do with a mine. If it comes out like i am envisioning it, then its gonna be pretty good.

Alright, I downloaded your map and played it. It's pretty kick ass if you were to ask me. I'm going to recommend the map to my friends.

thanks. I had help designing the artillery guns. Don't remember his name though.

Very cool job on the map. Although there aren't very many pictures on which to judge this map, I can tell that you put some nice details in on the Pelican and that you are aesthetically conscious (since I can see some ships flying in the background - very cool). I can't really see anything else, but structurally it seems pretty cool. Good job with the map and keep up the great work!

yea it was my first submission so next time I will post more pictures. I put the ships in the background just to "spice it up a bit". The tower that the spartans have to take the core from used to be the iant gun from the Covenant Gun Show THFE video I believe. The spartans had to originally plant a bomb on it, but if you had bad player than the gameplay sucked and i didn't like it because of the lack of originality. Therefor, I took it down and made a tower with a core. It used less pieces so i used the extra to make a fleet.

thanks, this is the last invasion map i made. My first two were not that great. I have worked on maybe three since but stopped doing it because i ran out of ideas. However, me and a friend started a new one that has too do with a mine. If it comes out like i am envisioning it, then its gonna be pretty good.

I wonder who's making that new map with you? And they can only do it if you are also online.

thanks, i actually had an idea to do something like a jail, but the opposite way. I wa thinking like the elites would start off in like a lab so its like they are being experimented on. and then they break out.

thanks. I had help designing the artillery guns. Don't remember his name though.

You're welcome, I also hope you're next one is even better :laughing: