Microsoft snaps up Halo 7, Halo 8 and Halo 9 domains

Archangel Tyrael

Well, this will be more beneficial for us in a way that we will be able to play Halo for an extended period of time; another ten plus years. Is this really beneficial to us? We'll be older and will most likely never bother with Halo due to the fact that we now have a scary thing called a "life". I hope they make more after Halo 6, but will the community still be into Halo after all this time? Halo is already becoming more like Cod, so by then, expect Halo to be another un-skilled game.

I seriously don't think that there will be much left to do after Halo 6, and so, they'll run the script dry and Halo will die. I mean, it's going to take another five games to do something which could be done it one? They're pushing it, and that's never a good idea.

Alas, I'm eager to see what they will come up with. As long as Sangheili are in all of them, then I'm fine.

Well, this will be more beneficial for us in a way that we will be able to play Halo for an extended period of time; another ten plus years. Is this really beneficial to us? We'll be older and will most likely never bother with Halo due to the fact that we now have a scary thing called a "life". I hope they make more after Halo 6, but will the community still be into Halo after all this time? Halo is already becoming more like Cod, so by then, expect Halo to be another un-skilled game.

I seriously don't think that there will be much left to do after Halo 6, and so, they'll run the script dry and Halo will die. I mean, it's going to take another five games to do something which could be done it one? They're pushing it, and that's never a good idea.

Alas, I'm eager to see what they will come up with. As long as Sangheili are in all of them, then I'm fine.

There are plenty of older people who have that thing called a "life" and play Halo and such. But im pretty sure there are a few cool things they can keep on adding on to the franchise (regardless if COD has used it or not) all it takes is for one person to think up the idea. If Halo continues I will most likely keep playing as long as I am able. There is always time to pause for a bit and play a game :laughing:.

But yes all good things eventually come to an end.

I agree with everything you said, but what most people don't understand is, you have to know when to end a series, or else the newer additions will destroy it.

But how do we know a Halo 7,8, or 9 would "destroy" the series? Sure if they decide to have Master Chief return for another round then it will be really redundant at that point, but who says this is the case.

Now the Halo Universe is really large, so they can go many ways with this. For example you could put the disc (or whatever) in and start it up. It says Halo 7 then brings up a Star Wars esque intro where it states that 300 years after the events of Halo 6 humanity has found itself in trouble. Then go on about a new plot such as a Civil War in the UNSC or whatever.

Basically it could be something that expands on the universe, but also is similar enough to call Halo.

But how do we know a Halo 7,8, or 9 would "destroy" the series? Sure if they decide to have Master Chief return for another round then it will be really redundant at that point, but who says this is the case.

Now the Halo Universe is really large, so they can go many ways with this. For example you could put the disc (or whatever) in and start it up. It says Halo 7 then brings up a Star Wars esque intro where it states that 300 years after the events of Halo 6 humanity has found itself in trouble. Then go on about a new plot such as a Civil War in the UNSC or whatever.

Basically it could be something that expands on the universe, but also is similar enough to call Halo.

Look at any other series with 9 story driven games?

Look at FF, it sucks now, it's a guaranteed fact, that it Halo is to continue after this trilogy, it will suck. It's story will just lack severely.

Look at any other series with 9 story driven games?

Look at FF, it sucks now, it's a guaranteed fact, that it Halo is to continue after this trilogy, it will suck. It's story will just lack severely.

Clearly you don't know what the difference between a fact and opinion are. Legend of Zelda has like 17 games which are all story driven. So far they are still going strong. The newest Dragon quest game wasn't half bad either.

I don't think this confirms Halo 7, 8, and 9. I honestly think they did it just to have the domains just in case they DO end up extending the series to a 3rd trilogy. I for one think any halo is good halo, but I can see why some may think a 3rd trilogy is pushing it.

Just because no one else has done it does not mean Halo cant do it.

Ya I truly believe that halo is actually one of the only franchises that could do it. They have yet to surprise, and unlike other gaming experiences they actually take a long time to put out the next installment. Meaning that they took their time to make sure it is pure Gold. :thumbsup:

What more could we possibly do with the story after 6?

The first trilogy is all about Humans and Covenant and The Flood, with a bit of forerunner lore here and there, this trilogy is all about the forerunners. After 6, there won't be anything fresh and new.

Too much of a good thing...

The first trilogy is all about Humans and Covenant and The Flood, with a bit of forerunner lore here and there, this trilogy is all about the forerunners. After 6, there won't be anything fresh and new.

A good question and one that, if they do decide to make the new trilogy, the next company will have a lot of time to think about. We can have some new enemy or revelation, I mean we are just barely starting the second trilogy :laughing: .

Never can get enough halo! But at least halo has a good story-line, unlike cod jumping around.

What about precursors? They could come up with a story on the lost world of the precursors.

Never can get enough halo! But at least halo has a good story-line, unlike cod jumping around.

What about precursors? They could come up with a story on the lost world of the precursors.

Impossibru!

The precursors were gone even in the forerunner's time, and this is further made impossible by the firing of the Rings.