Frank O'Connor Interview

Cooliest

Frank O'Connor was interviewed at PAX over the weekend of Aug 31-Sept 2,

but a new interview has come out with more details.

Johnathan Toyad from

Gamespot.com covered a whole new set of questions not included in the PAX interview.

For the full article

Click Here

How much will players have to change in order to get use to Halo 4 multiplayer?

No doubt every player that picks up a new Halo game will have an immediate feel for the controls. We've been getting some good feedback from pro gamers so far. We are working closely with MLG especially on multiplayer strategy guides.

What are the most requested maps?

The Pit, Valhalla, Beaver Creek, which these maps may not come back because sprint is now a default command. This may make some maps too cramped. We have one remake but we can't reveal that yet.

Campaign News

How different are the Covenant from the Prometheans?

Covenant are tactical while Prometheans are strategical. Since the Covenant are working together with the Prometheans, there will be situations in which you will almost be done finishing off a Covenant squad when a Promethean launcher shows up. Also hiding behind cover might not work because they'll send crawlers to come over and flush you out.

cwaDBl.jpg hqdefault.jpg

You've had animes and graphic novels made of halo, what other venues are you exploring?

Currently our biggest exploration is in digital TV space. We are creating the series forward unto dawn which starts on October 5th. It's suppose to help tap into the human side of the UNSC and it takes place 20 years before Halo 4. As for how it got started? it was all an internal preproduction discussion. We knew we were going to have new players join into the mix, so we wanted something to serve as an introduction. When we looked back to other TV commercials we've done we discovered that they made people excited about it, but were disappointed that there was no story to follow. Thus, Forward Unto Dawn was a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

I know this is a lot of info to take in, but some of this info is very interesting. That's it for this post, but leave your comments and ideas below. Make sure to let me know if you like by hitting the like button because this took a lot of time and effort. Thanks.

• Like 1

Can someone fill me in here

The prometheans are forerunner in origins. Forerunner is an ancient race of sentient beings. They created the halo's so all of the structures on the halo rings are forerunner in design. They are mostly described in much detail in the halo books, just a little bit in the halo video game series. They are the ones that came upon a planet with flood and realized them to be a threat to the entire galaxy. So therefore they entrapped them into the halo rings. The sentinels and monitor (guilty spark) were promethean technology. The prometheans are a class of warrior servants. I put this in a spoiler so that if people didn't want to read the spoiler above this wouldn't ruin it for them. Hope this helps. :)

I am glad 343i is listening to the community and really taking in feedback. If Bungie had maintained the idea of listening to the community and fans, than Reach would not have been such a let down...just sayin. Hopefully 343i keeps this up and doesnt just listen to fans for Halo 4 and than blow them of once they have "established" themselves as the next Halo team...

I am glad 343i is listening to the community and really taking in feedback. If Bungie had maintained the idea of listening to the community and fans, than Reach would not have been such a let down...just sayin. Hopefully 343i keeps this up and doesnt just listen to fans for Halo 4 and than blow them of once they have "established" themselves as the next Halo team...

You realize that they made the beta for us to tell them what we liked and didn't like? They read every last thread and post with feedback and made Reach to our specifications. Heck, one man read every last post about it. That's dedication. Then we became unhappy with it. Bungie tried, but WE were the ones who failed. Not Bungie.

Halo 4 was able to please us because it is a whole new game, while Reach could only be changed so much.

I am not referring to the Beta...I know that was the communitites bad. i am referring to the period after the Beta, after the game launched. Their post-launch listening skills seemingly didnt exist. Their maps became garbage, they tweaked AA's without needing to do so. They changed weapon damage etc. They took the game and changed it again after it was fine. After a year, Reach was no longer the same game it used to be.