Will You Miss Duel Wielding... Again?

Darkrain491

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do MIss Duel Wielding and want it back?

• Yes
    • No

I Know it seems slighty irrelevent but i miss duel wielding. it was fun. it made sense in ODST as you wernt as strong as a spartan, in reach there were situations when it would have been helpfull but it was ommissed and the smg removed. but if single wielding you get the ODST smg becuase it was single wield

• Like 1

Hm, yes and not. It was funny to go berserker mode and run against your enemies shooting with your SMGs, careless of dying. However, in a realistic war, you prefer precision to firepower, hiding behind a wall, maybe offering suppression fire. You simply don't throw your life away only to get some kills, lol!

• Like 1

Who knows? maybe they'll see the uprising pro-dual wielding, and they'll put it in Halo 5.

It's clearly too late for Halo 4, they should re-build all the scripts (and all the programming stuff i don't know :lol: ) and re-calibrate every weapon, and it is just unconceivable.

I liked it in ODST, but didnt really ever use it in Halo 3. I more often than not just used one weapon and a beatdown and would beat someone dual wielding. It didnt seem that powerful to me. I was glad it was out in Reach and am glad it is out in Halo 4.

Its a bit iffy for me. On one hand, I miss the creative combinations you could come up with. On the other hand, Reach has conditioned me to be used to a single weapon, so that's what I've been familiarized with. I still voted yes anyway. I do miss it.

No, it wasn't a necessary option for the game, so I don't see why it needs to be back.

A necessary option? What kind of BS is that? Specializations aren't necessary but they put those. Nothing is "necessary". You add something to the game because you think it'll bring back fans, or make the existing ones like the game more. The only excuse they have for not bringing back dual wielding is either they ran out of time, or were just plain lazy.

I say no, because balancing it is impossible. The dual wielded weapons are only good when dual wielded and even then only about as good as normal weapons, but you lose the melee and grenades, making them awful. If you upped their firepower even more to alter this, then they might be decent when used on their own, but when dual wielded they would kill you waaaay too quickly. I agree that it is pretty cool, but for it to work I think that the dual wielded gun would have to count as a single weapon (you always find the two of them together and they can't be picked up separately.) This would reduce the cool factor of being able to mix and match weapons, but it would still allow for nifty weapons (imagine dual revolvers or something bad*** like that.)

I say no, because balancing it is impossible. The dual wielded weapons are only good when dual wielded and even then only about as good as normal weapons, but you lose the melee and grenades, making them awful. If you upped their firepower even more to alter this, then they might be decent when used on their own, but when dual wielded they would kill you waaaay too quickly. I agree that it is pretty cool, but for it to work I think that the dual wielded gun would have to count as a single weapon (you always find the two of them together and they can't be picked up separately.) This would reduce the cool factor of being able to mix and match weapons, but it would still allow for nifty weapons (imagine dual revolvers or something bad*** like that.)

Or you could alter the damage tables a bit. Put a bonus on damage for single wielding, and negate that bonus for duel wielding.

As for the OP, honestly, I never liked duel wielding in the first place. I liked it on SWAT, because I could use one magnum and then use the other one while reloading the first, but it never really appealed to me. Also, duel wielding needlers = cheap. >.>

• Like 1

Or you could alter the damage tables a bit. Put a bonus on damage for single wielding, and negate that bonus for duel wielding.

As for the OP, honestly, I never liked duel wielding in the first place. I liked it on SWAT, because I could use one magnum and then use the other one while reloading the first, but it never really appealed to me. Also, duel wielding needlers = cheap. >.>

Yep That's all I was really going to say the needler combo was the worst. It was like an insta-kill. I liked it in Halo 2-3 but I'm kinda glad it's not there now.

Actually isn't holding the flag in one hand and pistol in the other technically dual wielding... :unknw:

Actually isn't holding the flag in one hand and pistol in the other technically dual wielding... :unknw:

I guess it depends on how you look at it. It is, and it isn't. I mean, the flag can itself be used as a weapon in close quarters, and the pistol could be for short- to mid-range combat. Tough call.

• Like 1