Promethean Sniper Rifle called Binary Rifle?

Tallgeese

So according to this new article:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8782/article/halo-4-leaked-weapons-include-fuel-rod-cannon-and-binary-rifle/

The Fuel Rod seems to have a new look similar to the style of the 'STORM'

The Binary Rifle looks pretty cool and really looks like it could be a Promethean version of the Sniper Rilfe

I love the quote at the end of the article. "Like with most rumors, they should only be taken with a grain of salt."

Anyways, I am sure the Fuel Rod is still yellow, it is in a dark area after all form the looks of the picture.

As for the PromSniper, It looks like an Edit of the current PromRifle. imo

• Like 1

I love spoilers, it just fuels me more for getting and playing the game lol.

Agreed...these need to be taken with a grain of salt, but as far as the Fuel Rod goes, I think it will be dark and blue, it matches the 'STORM' motif. Also the covie weapons appear to be darker colored looking than their covie counterparts.

I love the quote at the end of the article. "Like with most rumors, they should only be taken with a grain of salt."

Anyways, I am sure the Fuel Rod is still yellow, it is in a dark area after all form the looks of the picture.

As for the PromSniper, It looks like an Edit of the current PromRifle. imo

It is still shoots yellow-greenish. We've seen it before, on the first complete Spartan Ops gameplay

i'm sure its still yellow as well. Just because the guys we are fighting have a new name doesnt mean that they didnt originate from the covenant. The dark color with neon blue would be to much of change from the covenant weapons that we know, i dont like it either.

and the rifle is probably just an edit of the light rifle as Mayh3m said above

• Like 1

I can't help but call the fuel rod pic a total fake. The geometry on it is almost exactly spot on to the Reach version of it, and I highly doubt they would just use the existing model and add a blue "tex_bump_env_illum.shader" to it. If anything, the fuel rod should like a cross between the Halo 2 and Halo 3 variant, seeing as how this group of covenant that we encounter is a rouge lost group of deepspace dispatchers that still do not know that the Covenant fell.

• Like 2

I can't help but call the fuel rod pic a total fake. The geometry on it is almost exactly spot on to the Reach version of it, and I highly doubt they would just use the existing model and add a blue "tex_bump_env_illum.shader" to it. If anything, the fuel rod should like a cross between the Halo 2 and Halo 3 variant, seeing as how this group of covenant that we encounter is a rouge lost group of deepspace dispatchers that still do not know that the Covenant fell.

I have to agree with this. It's obvious the picture has been in some sort of editing software, because of the "whiteout" at the top of the pic.

Why is it called Binary rifle?

Usually when you name a weapon you name it after its traits

It IS named after it's traits! :D It fires 1's and 0's at people at a superluminal velocity. lmao

I believe the image of the Promethean Sniper is legit. I found the actual screenshot that the image in the article was pulled from. I got the image from Halowaypoint. It is a Spartan Ops mission screenshot posted under the images tab for Halo 4.

ee1073d1.png?t=1346270530

Look at the Promethean Knight in the image. That weapon is alot longer than the Promethean Light Rifle.

Here is the image posted in the article.

halo-4-binary-rifle.jpeg

And here is an image of the Light Rifle...

5bb62eed.jpg?t=1346271442

There is a noticeable difference in the length and shape of the barrel.

The Fuel Rod Gun on the other hand does in fact look fake, in my opinion, unless it is just an extremely poor quality image. And after thoroughly searching for an original image, I have produced 0 results.

Thanks for the info Tallgeese!!