Betrayal idea

GODSABOMINATION

Im still playing reach jus until halo 4 comes out. I'm pretty sure it's been said before but it's annoying when your playing a game an someone who thinks they deserve the power weapon because they're god or something starts shooting you jus to get it or weakens you so the team kills you or kills you when your one shot! I feel they should up the betrayal system up a Lil bit so that when this happens that person will loose Exp or get booted automatically for betrayal assisting

• Like 1

I think youre right. This should be addressed. But i have no idea how this could be prevented. We have seen in a few matches of infinity slayer there were players who did not deal damage on one another. There was one video in paticular where a player shoots his teammate in the back with a rocket launchef and he took no damage.

I think the system is working as it is. There will always be people that is retarded. Changing will just increase the numbers of betrayals from grenades sadly.

My issue is that there seems to be no logic when a player can boot you. Sometimes you can boot the player after one betrayal that came from an accident. Other times you can get betrayed 3 times from the same player without the option of boot him. Should be something like first betrayal you get a warning, and the next you get the choice of boot the player.

• Like 1

Another one of these threads? Look, I feel for you, OP, I do. The other day I was betrayed twice by the same player, and once by his friend, just because I picked up the sniper rifle. His "friend" also betrayed my wife twice. You want to know the kicker? Once he got the sniper rifle, him and his friend went into a corner and just started t-bagging nothing. They weren't even playing the game, scores were -2 each. So why didn't I get the option to boot?

The system as it currently stands in Reach is not perfect, no system has been. I brought this up in another thread dealing with this very topic, and I'll bring it up again here. Turning friendly fire off while in theory sounds great, it isn't the right option. If you do that, then there are no consequence for firing that rocket into a 2v2 fight. You get two kills and move on, while your teammates are fine. Maybe instead of turning friendly fire off all together, you make it so that it only pops shields, leaving your teammates vulnerable to enemy shots.

My ultimate goal, however, is to simply keep friendly fire on, and put an auto boot function into the game. 2 betrayals per team, and whoever betrays the second time will get the boot, regardless of whether it was the first time they did it or not. This will put some common sense back into the game, in my mind. Knowing that there is no choice in the matter, you're likely going to try and be more cautious with your teammates.

• 2 months later...

In my mind the system isn't hard to fix.

1. The killing strike should count as a betrayal, regardless of being attacked by the enemy. I don't care if it's accidental. Yes, sometimes teammates are idiots and charge into your grenade, or jump into your line of fire, but killing someone this way isn't nearly as common as people abusing the system or being plain reckless. Especially if you're careful.

2. After a player deals a large amount of damage to teammates, regardless if he actually kills anyone, the option to boot should be presented. This will prevent the players who keep damaging you hoping an enemy will finish you off.

3. Depending on the playlist, 1 or 2 betrayals is all it should take to boot someone. If you feel it was an honest mistake, or your own fault, the option to forgive is always there.

As of now, the system is way too easy on betrayers. The victim is getting all the punishment. Even for what I suggested, the victim still has a death added, loses any weapons he had, loses any spree he was on, and has to re-spawn. This is still plenty of reason to not get in the way of your teammates, or dive onto their grenades. The system I suggested would promote much more careful, considerate play, on everyone's part, and do away with selfish idiots. It would bring better balance, and help demote chaotic behavior.

Would it really be so bad if you have to be considerate and mindful of nearby teammates? That's how it is in real life after all. As someone who tries really hard to limit how much I die, I have had many perfections ruined because of stupid teammates. Sometimes I feel like they are just as dangerous as the enemy. Needs to be fixed in Halo 4.

In my mind the system isn't hard to fix.

1. The killing strike should count as a betrayal, regardless of being attacked by the enemy. I don't care if it's accidental. Yes, sometimes teammates are idiots and charge into your grenade, or jump into your line of fire, but killing someone this way isn't nearly as common as people abusing the system or being plain reckless. Especially if you're careful.

2. After a player deals a large amount of damage to teammates, regardless if he actually kills anyone, the option to boot should be presented. This will prevent the players who keep damaging you hoping an enemy will finish you off.

3. Depending on the playlist, 1 or 2 betrayals is all it should take to boot someone. If you feel it was an honest mistake, or your own fault, the option to forgive is always there.

As of now, the system is way too easy on betrayers. The victim is getting all the punishment. Even for what I suggested, the victim still has a death added, loses any weapons he had, loses any spree he was on, and has to re-spawn. This is still plenty of reason to not get in the way of your teammates, or dive onto their grenades. The system I suggested would promote much more careful, considerate play, on everyone's part, and do away with selfish idiots. It would bring better balance, and help demote chaotic behavior.

Would it really be so bad if you have to be considerate and mindful of nearby teammates? That's how it is in real life after all. As someone who tries really hard to limit how much I die, I have had many perfections ruined because of stupid teammates. Sometimes I feel like they are just as dangerous as the enemy. Needs to be fixed in Halo 4.

Well, being a bit of a troll myself, let me tell you how I would abuse the crap out of this system if I was in the right mood.

1 and 2 Charging in front of my teammates whenever they have power weapons so that they would deal a lot of damage to me, then charging into the enemies grenades. Bam, option to boot.

3. Same as above, but doing it multiple times to multiple teammates. I don't mind if it ruins my k/d at the beginning of the match, since it would be 1v4 I can more than make that up since I now have four targets and they only have one. Especially in SWAT.

My version is:

1. One betrayal gives the option to boot (depending on the playlist). If it's accidental, there's always the "forgive" option.

2. Being betrayed does not add a death, but instead adds a death to the person who betrays.

3. Add "betrayal banning". If a player gets booted for betraying three times in 24 hours, then it's a 10 minute ban. If a player receives two of these bans in one week, then it's a full day ban. If a player gets two full day bans in one month, then it's an X-Box live ban. Or something like that.

4. Make it to where players who betray teammates cannot pick up that teammate's weapon. This will prevent betrayals for power weapons.

5. If players are intentionally getting betrayed (i.e. jumping in front of teammates), then that player will be forced from the game.

I <3 lists.

• Like 1

I think you miss understood my rule #2. Over the course of the game, if a player deals, say, 5 shields of damage to teammates, he can be booted. I wasn't saying that if you deal majority of damage to a teammate, and he ends up dying, that it should count as a betrayal.

You can already jump in front of allies power weapons or grenades hoping they will betray you. You don't see that happening though do you? It's not as easy as it sounds. Especially if people are being more careful. Also very pointless.

I thought about your #2 rule, but I figured it would give people more incentive to intentionally get a teammate to betray them. There should still be consequences for dying, even if it's by an ally.

Swat is indeed much easier to accidentally betray, but you should still be able to avoid it. Playing swat I've never accidentally head-shot 2 teammates in one game. For swat, or snipers, 2 betrayals and then the option to boot.

I like your idea of not being able to pick up betrayed teammates weapons. And betrayal bans, though an Xbox Live ban is too harsh. I still insist my version is solid. Or at least much better than what it is now.

Well seeing as in some of the new gametypes, Infinity Slayer for example, there is no team damage, you can do as much as you want to your own team mates and you cant kill them. In the classic modes you can. Or if you run them over you can, it is kind of like in Reach FF where weapons cant kill your team, but vehicles and fixed map explosives can.

I think it would be better to just make it so that you can't pick up a betrayed teammates weapons.

I'm a little disappointed they resorted to taking off friendly fire. It makes much more realistic game play. It's better to force people to be careful rather than to let them be even more reckless than they already are.

They just need to change the system.

• Like 1

No matter which way you put this, if there's a one betrayal boot, that isn't fair, if there's a 2 betrayal boot, that in some cases can't be fair as well.

For example, you throw a sticky grenade but your teammate jumps in front of you, he dies, you get booted for an accident, or someone who doesn't like the fact you get a power weapon, such as the rocket launcher, they want to get you booted, so they jump in front of you getting you booted for their idiocy.

Two betrayal booting could work the same way, you could shoot a rocket, or throw a grenade and two teammates get in the way, you get booted for an accident.

You could be driving a warthog, turn a corner and someone not looking runs in front of you, you get booted.

There are too many flaws to betrayal systems for any one system to work, especially since the last few times I played team games, I get betrayed for taking a weapon, or because I accidentally shoot someone and they think I'm trying to get them killed.

Betrayal booting doesn't work for the simple fact that accidents do happen, and even if it is an accident, people today seem to love to kick people anyways, I don't know if it's because they are just arseholes, or because they are in a bad mood, but people DO kick others for things they know to be accidents.

Also... I don't know why people keep making these threads, there's so many of them, why not go voice your opinion in an existing thread instead of making a new one?

• Like 1

Here's my 2 cents.

1) people grenade spam even if I'm in close combat just so they can get the kill with no regard that I'm standing right there. Those people are noobs.

2) I was betrayed 4 times by the same guy completely deliberately with no option to boot. I just stood there and took it waiting for an option and it never happens. He called my mother some choice words and quit. The system IS FLAWED.

3) betraying for power weapons should be fixed in 4 because they aren't always gonna be in the same spot but that opens up a whole slew of problems I'm not even going to address.

4) if some person starts team killing you and you didn't do anything to deserve it they should come up with a voting system post game on players and if they get enough votes for team killing under performance, automatic 1 week ban. But make it high enough where some homo can't get his buddies to vote for you and get you kicked for a week. Maybe just leave the option open for people you've ACTUALLY played against and make the vote like you're banned after 50 people complain.

Pot, meet Kettle.

I made a rage face LOL when you said that.

So what if every once in a while you kill a teammate accidentally? For me, even though I could be much more careful than I currently am, this almost NEVER happens. If all I had to worry about was not killing my teammates, and didn't have to worry about them deliberately killing me, I would be a happy man.

So what if every once in a while you kill a teammate accidentally? For me, even though I could be much more careful than I currently am, this almost NEVER happens. If all I had to worry about was not killing my teammates, and didn't have to worry about them deliberately killing me, I would be a happy man.

I agree...I think in certain gametypes friendly fire should be off...and I think that is the case for Infinty Slayer and the newer modes...

• Like 1

I agree. But I don't see anything wrong with my plan. You have to ask yourself what kind of player are you? I mean if you got betrayed CLEARLY on accident? Vote to ban a player instantly or forgive? And if they are clearly doing it on purpose... How would you handle it?

@Prophet of Regret.

Good question.

Negative of no friendly fire is less realistic and chaotic game-play.

With a good setup, only negative of friendly fire is getting booted unfairly on occasion.

IMO, I prefer the latter. This probably depends on peoples play style though. Some people don't like having to be careful, but I think it adds to the game.