Swat Concern

DoctorB77

There are sone people who are concerned about what weapons will be introduced in halo 4 swat. While i have my opinions on that subject it is not much of a concern for me. i am more worried about wjether or not you can kill an enemy with one beatdown. The really upset me in reach and i kind of got drawn away from swat. I really hope they bring back this feature in halo 4.

Your thoughts?

i think it should be two melees. One hit takes away the aspect of only going for headshots in the game. It makes camping in CQ a lot easier as well

Well to a lot of people that was tue game. To be able to either hit them once or shoot them once. I did not play halo 2 but did it work like that then? It just seems like it was like that for a reasobln in halo 3 because thats the way bungie thought it should work. I do not know why they cyanged their minds but i dont think it was a good decision.

No, the main problem with Swat then and now, is people would camp and melee you, or rush you and melee you. They need to nerf the melee damage altogether. Only by removing melee damage from Swat, can they force people to play it as it was meant to be played...ala gun vs gun, not run, hide, melee, repeat...

Think back to how you played the matches when Swat first came about. it was an unwritten rule that you could not melee people. And most of the time during private hosted games, if someone melee'd instead of shooting, that person got kicked.

I'm gonna say that most beat downs happen when players either can't kill each other fast enough or when the players meet at a random corner. People always say that there are so many corner campers. Honestly, in all of my experience with Halo 3 and Reach, I have run into these type of guys less than 3% of the time. While many people hate when these guys show up, it happens less than people hype it up to. It is a problem that is not as common as people say. Therefore, I think SWAT is fine with the 2 hits that it requires. For the simple fact that these guys do exist, and that I bet a Spartan can stand at least one good punch from another spartan. AND it gives people a chance to react.

• Like 1

I played Halo 2/3 swat, and I prefer the 2 melee hit system in Reach. It allows for a reaction to the person beating down, but if you are good at melee than you dont have much of a problem. It allows an even balance, personally, if it only takes one bullet to the face to kill, it should take 2 beat downs.

I'm gonna say that most beat downs happen when players either can't kill each other fast enough or when the players meet at a random corner. People always say that there are so many corner campers. Honestly, in all of my experience with Halo 3 and Reach, I have run into these type of guys less than 3% of the time. While many people hate when these guys show up, it happens less than people hype it up to. It is a problem that is not as common as people say. Therefore, I think SWAT is fine with the 2 hits that it requires. For the simple fact that these guys do exist, and that I bet a Spartan can stand at least one good punch from another spartan. AND it gives people a chance to react.

this says it all^

Well. It seems like i just had a dufferent opinion than most of you guys. I wonder why i perfer one hit. I guess because i am not as skilled in marksmanship as i am in traveling around the map to get to certain players.