Community Shout Out Update

SykoWolf

Hey guys, before you continue reading i just want to let you know that this ISNT another Shout Out, but rather an important update.

First of all, i would like to thank Insignia for his great work on my signature, you did a top job Insignia :D I can't think of anyone better to create community members signature's.

Secondly i would like to thank all of you for your support in my endeavor. It has been really fun writing the Shout Out's and i can't wait for next weeks :D

Ok thirdly i would like to thank, The Director, Ryu Hayabusa and Mr.Wolfy for being some of the friendliest people in our great community. It has been an honor writing about these people, and i hope to add more people to the list. Just know i would add all of you if i could :D

And the last thing i would like to say is arguably the most important.

I need help..........

I would like some assistance in finding people to Shout about, because quite frankly, one person is not enough to cover the whole of our great community.

At this stage im looking for just one person, but please dont be too dissapointed if i dont choose you.

So if your looking to help, please write a short Shout Out to someone you think deserves it. And i will announce the person im choosing on Friday, about 7Pm Australian time.

Also i got an opinion earlier about how someone believes that the Shout Outs are a popularity contest..... I would just like to thank this person for there honesty, but i assure all of you that the Shout Outs are not about popularity, they are about recognizing the people in our community who bring us together in laughter, friendship and debate. The three most important aspects involved in a forum/community like ours.

Thank you all for your continuing support, I can't wait for next weeks Shout Out's, i wonder who will be shouted next? :D

• Like 2

Hey guys, before you continue reading i just want to let you know that this ISNT another Shout Out, but rather an important update.

First of all, i would like to thank Insignia for his great work on my signature, you did a top job Insignia :D I can't think of anyone better to create community members signature's.

Secondly i would like to thank all of you for your support in my endeavor. It has been really fun writing the Shout Out's and i can't wait for next weeks :D

Ok thirdly i would like to thank, The Director, Ryu Hayabusa and Mr.Wolfy for being some of the friendliest people in our great community. It has been an honor writing about these people, and i hope to add more people to the list. Just know i would add all of you if i could :D

And the last thing i would like to say is arguably the most important.

I need help..........

I would like some assistance in finding people to Shout about, because quite frankly, one person is not enough to cover the whole of our great community.

At this stage im looking for just one person, but please dont be too dissapointed if i dont choose you.

So if your looking to help, please write a short Shout Out to someone you think deserves it. And i will announce the person im choosing on Friday, about 7Pm Australian time.

Also i got an opinion earlier about how someone believes that the Shout Outs are a popularity contest..... I would just like to thank this person for there honesty, but i assure all of you that the Shout Outs are not about popularity, they are about recognizing the people in our community who bring us together in laughter, friendship and debate. The three most important aspects involved in a forum/community like ours.

Thank you all for your continuing support, I can't wait for next weeks Shout Out's, i wonder who will be shouted next? :D

i think it would be a lot of fun helping you out, but i dont know if i have the time. I dont use the shoutbox much either(i mostly go post on topics) so i dont know a lot of members that personally. But i continue to enjoy reading all of your shouts

i think it would be a lot of fun helping you out, but i dont know if i have the time. I dont use the shoutbox much either(i mostly go post on topics) so i dont know a lot of members that personally. But i continue to enjoy reading all of your shouts

Thanx anyways :)

It nice to know you would have been interested :D

I don't have any problem with this but in the spirit of all around d!ck-ish-ness I will point out that "they are about recognizing the people in our community who bring us together in laughter, friendship and debate." is pretty much a popularity contest. People are popular beacuse they are funny or friendly or smart, and those qualities correspond directly to "laughter, friendship, and debate". ;)

I respect your opinion but know that this is never meant to be a popularity contest. There are no contestants, winners or losers. No votes,voters or recounts.There are no awards or trophies. This is purely recognising GOOD PEOPLE :D

Yeah but your recognizing the people who you either think are "good people" or who are generally accepted as good in the community. Those are subjective opinions based on people's personal perceptions of other people, in other words, its a measure of how well certain people are "liked" IE popular. I ain't saying that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just pointing out that its disingenuous to say that "popularity" doesn't play a role in this.

I'm not going to argue any more about this cuz I don't want to start a war BUT lets not kid ourselves. "Popularity contests" rather we choose to call them that or not are a big part of this community. Rather its Drizzy's interviews with the community, member of the month, or your shout outs. If you are a better and more popular member, your gonna be recognized, and members strive for that. Thats just kinda how things work. I don't see any reason for us to dispense with those things, but lets not convince ourselves that we don't reward popular members. We do reward people who are funnier, more constructive, nicer, more helpfull, (in other words, the things which make people "popular") etc. etc. and we should continue to do so. Theres no reason to hide from that fact.

• Like 1

I understand what your saying,i just meant that it wasn't a contest about people who make the most posts or videos, that sort of popular.

But yeah, i agree with your description of popular.

Furthermore, i think Carthage should be destroyed :P

Haha, thank you for your understanding good sir!

• Like 1