What Primary Starting Weapon Will You Start With?

Tallgeese

36 members have voted

1. 1. What Primary Starting Weapon Will You Start With?

• BR
    • DMR
    • Carbine
    • AR

I'll probably go for either the Carbine or DMR, unless the Assault Rifle has a lot less bloom and kills a lot more quickly than it did in Reach, in which case I might well go for that on some maps. I won't be using the Battle Rifle, from what I've heard about kill times, accuracy and aim assist so far, it looks like it's going to be seriously underpowered.

I would like to start with AR. Or all players should start with AR because if you have seen on halo 3 and halo reach where you spawned with br/dmr almost every player have the TOD dmr/br in every game which made it very lame. But because dmr/br/carmine is a good weapon and you spawn with it, you wont have to pick up other weapons... So it would be fun if you spawned with a poor weapon and had to fight to get a better weapon...but still the AR is good enough to kill others with "better" weapons.

well this theory doesnt really apply in halo 4 anymore since you can choose which weapon you would like to start with...

From the info provided and videos viewed, it appears that the BR is good for medium/short range, DMR is good for long range. The carbine appears good at medium and affective at short due to its rof

well then atleast you should be able to choose which one of BR or carbine you would like to start with, since they seems to be pretty similar. this would give the game more variety.

i find it interesting that thr majority dont really rely upon the DMR. I myself love the covie carbine and the BR, was never a fan of the DMR in Reach

wow, i like the DMR and i was surprised i wasnt the only one. i expected almost everyone using a BR, and this has made me concerned with my ammo supply. now that i know i can pick some ammo up off of bodies, i feel more confident.

Thank you all you DMRers!! :thumbsup:

I will have to play the game first, and it wll probably change for each map but generally.

From what I have gathered:

AR- Close quarters combat

BR-close mid range, wider spread than Halo 3

DMR- less bloom, but less effective at close range than in Reach

Carbine- Faster than Halo 3, great to get rid of sheilds, but harder to finish someone off

It's a plasma weapon, it will take a sheild down faster, but will take longer to kill after there are no shields. Yes, if you get a heashot it doesn't really matter. It is my favorite weapon in Halo 3, and I will be playing with it

It's a plasma weapon, it will take a sheild down faster, but will take longer to kill after there are no shields. Yes, if you get a heashot it doesn't really matter. It is my favorite weapon in Halo 3, and I will be playing with it

carbine is not a plasma weapon, plasma weapons are for example: plasma pistol, energy sword, plasma rifle, plasma launcher etc..because plasma can be very inaccurate and slow at long range carbine usues radioactive projectiles. And because it shoots radioactive projectiles it penetrates easily trough flesh and bone, which seemes to me its a good headshot weapon.