•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 09:20 AM) Welcome to the forums, brarnette! :welcome: View brarnette's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 12:47 AM) Hey everyone
@  Melody : (14 November 2019 - 11:47 PM) :hide:
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (14 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) @GermanShepherdD Hey bud! It's been ages, how ya been?
@  GermanShepherdD : (13 November 2019 - 05:45 PM) :dog:
@  343iBot : (13 November 2019 - 05:03 PM) Welcome to the forums, Anthonyriz! :welcome: View Anthonyriz's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (13 November 2019 - 01:27 PM) Hey fam
@  343iBot : (13 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Welcome to the forums, Karensag! :welcome: View Karensag's Profile
@  343iBot : (12 November 2019 - 02:36 PM) Welcome to the forums, lucilleaj60! :welcome: View lucilleaj60's Profile
@  343iBot : (12 November 2019 - 02:19 PM) Welcome to the forums, billybh4! :welcome: View billybh4's Profile
@  343iBot : (12 November 2019 - 01:47 AM) Welcome to the forums, louisamo4! :welcome: View louisamo4's Profile
@  343iBot : (11 November 2019 - 04:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, wildayd16! :welcome: View wildayd16's Profile
@  343iBot : (11 November 2019 - 12:57 AM) Welcome to the forums, Philipknori! :welcome: View Philipknori's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 November 2019 - 11:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, elmerpu1! :welcome: View elmerpu1's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (10 November 2019 - 08:41 PM) says u
@  343iBot : (10 November 2019 - 11:25 AM) Welcome to the forums, Djoe23! :welcome: View Djoe23's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 November 2019 - 01:47 AM) Welcome to the forums, virgieed4! :welcome: View virgieed4's Profile
@  343iBot : (09 November 2019 - 11:06 PM) Welcome to the forums, Keithcoasy! :welcome: View Keithcoasy's Profile
@  343iBot : (08 November 2019 - 07:30 PM) Welcome to the forums, randallvv4! :welcome: View randallvv4's Profile
@  343iBot : (08 November 2019 - 03:52 PM) Welcome to the forums, Hahatone_Rus! :welcome: View Hahatone_Rus's Profile

Photo

Updated User Profile Awards!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,224 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:RedStarRocket91
  • LocationThe Highlands
   4                3                           

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

As some of you may have already noticed, over the past few days we've launched a new set of images for our various Awards, courtesy of the very talented Self Destruct - whom I'd like to take the opportunity to thank publicly for his outstanding work!

However, this isn't merely a much-needed upgrade to the aesthetic side of our Awards, but instead just one part of a much larger process which began in the increasingly prematurely-named Spring Update to overhaul the way in which we manage our Awards. I took your feedback on board, and so came up with a set of goals for the update, as listed below:

• To standardise the appearance of the various Awards, in terms of both size and style
  • To give an explanation of how to earn each Award in a concise, approachable manner
  • To make individual Awards feel more meaningful by reducing the overall number
  • To make individual Awards relevant by removing outdated, redundant, and non-specific Awards
  • To enable faster and more appropriate Awarding by defining specific criteria on how to earn each

As part of this programme, we've identified around twenty Awards to receive visual updates and descriptions, from an original sixty or so: as we enter the end of this update process, the forty Awards which were not selected will be removed from the site. For those members who will be affected by the removal, we have introduced the new 'Inheritor' Award, which is a special, one-time consolation gift and cannot otherwise be obtained (although we will distribute it again should we remove any further Awards in the future). As far as I'm aware, we've managed to get this out to all affected members: however, if you discover that you've lost an Award without being compensated, please let us know in the Missing Award Thread and we'll rectify the situation as soon as possible!

You can find the new list of obtainable Awards, as ever, on the Awards tab, along with their updated descriptions and visuals. We hope you'll enjoy the new Award system, and as ever, please let us know what you think!

Verbosity is not a crime.

#2 skummgummigubbe

skummgummigubbe

Viking

• Legendary Members
  • 1,543 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:skummgummigubbe
  • Locationsweden
         2    7               

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

Nice to see some updates, but is it supose to be that The forge contest participant and The forge contest winner have The same emblem

...Please leave a like if this post was any help to you...

D3tOk4R.jpg

First SWEDISH 1000th poster
25th person to reach 1000 posts

#3 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

Some damn good looking Awards if you ask me. 

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#4 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,224 posts
Legendary
  • LocationThe Highlands
   4                3                           

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

Nice to see some updates, but is it supose to be that The forge contest participant and The forge contest winner have The same emblem

Well spotted! You're right, the participating award is supposed to be white rather than gold, I'll get that updated soon.

#5 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:21 AM

I do like the look of some of the new awards but I think there is a bit too few of them now, not like they were used a whole lot anyway so if you plan to implement awards more and make them more meaningful etc.

Consider removing show awards thing that hides them and just the awards sheet as it used to be. :)

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#6 Akali

Akali

The Assassin with no Master

• Dedicated Members
  • 994 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:TheSirLagalott
  • LocationBehind my Sofa
10       19    2          2                  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:41 AM

I've seen quite a few of these awards now... SD... Stop being so damned talented dammit! T_T

Nice work SD! Thanks for the update RSR

VMc4QVY.gif

#7 Connor Kenway

Connor Kenway

The Lost

• Dedicated Members
  • 792 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Lt Galle
  • LocationNew Zealand
   6          5         

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:47 AM

I'm assuming Helping Hand isn't part of the new Awards so I guess I'm eligible for Inheritor? but its nice to see the awards getting a common design theme to them so its nice, pertty and organized good job SD!  :thumbup:

Posted Image

#8 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,447 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:23 AM

My my SD... These awards look absolutely incredible!

Also, not all awards on the awards tab have recieved their upgrade.

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#9 Guts

Guts

The Black Swordsman

• Dedicated Members
  • 971 posts
Inspiring
  • LocationIreland
7    6                  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:24 AM

They look awesome! Nice work SD

berserk_guts_forum_signature_by_edd000-d

#10 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Axilus Prime
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:08 AM

They do look a lot better. Excellent work making them truly Halo-styled, SD.

Posted Image
Credit to Jack of Harts for the sig.

#11 Composite Armour

Composite Armour

Blood Raven

• Dedicated Members
  • 744 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Ledgend1221
  • LocationFor the Emperor!
5                3      

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:27 AM

RIP Predator Tank award. Never knew how much it cost.

Also nice work with the new awards.

wallpaper_warhammer_40,000_dawn_of_war_i

#12 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:55 AM

I'm assuming Helping Hand isn't part of the new Awards so I guess I'm eligible for Inheritor? but its nice to see the awards getting a common design theme to them so its nice, pertty and organized good job SD!  :thumbup:

It's for Awards that users lost in the process. You, sir, still have your Helping Hand Award :D   - Cooliest Drizzy

RIP Predator Tank award. Never knew how much it cost.

Also nice work with the new awards.

We never figured out the cost but it was out of our budget. That one I can assure you lol 

"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#13 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

Couldn't help but notice that I seem to be missing a few awards....most noticable at first glance is "Grenade". Will I have the " Inheritor" award in place of it or any others that I am missing?

bungie.gif

#14 RedStarRocket91

RedStarRocket91

Secord's Protégé

• Legendary Members
  • 2,224 posts
Legendary
  • LocationThe Highlands
   4                3                           

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:50 PM

Couldn't help but notice that I seem to be missing a few awards....most noticable at first glance is "Grenade". Will I have the " Inheritor" award in place of it or any others that I am missing?

Yes, anyone who's lost something as a result of the changes is entitled to an Inheritor Award - I've just added one to your profile now.

#15 Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime

Stormedge 01

• Dedicated Members
  • 647 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Axilus Prime
  • LocationSaipan

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:20 AM

I lost some too.

Posted Image
Credit to Jack of Harts for the sig.

#16 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,447 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:22 PM

I get that you guys got rid of some crappier awards like the Facebook and Twitter awards, but I lost my Biggles award...

That was my MoM wish...

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#17 UNSC Spartan-II

UNSC Spartan-II

Spartan-II

• News Group
  • 1,742 posts
Heroic
         2    7    17             3               

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:07 AM

Nice work SD.

I get that you guys got rid of some crappier awards like the Facebook and Twitter awards, but I lost my Biggles award...

That was my MoM wish...

Sorry to hear that P34nut. If it makes you feel any better, many of us didn't even come up with a MoM wish. I guess the Inheritor award has taken its place. Don't worry, we won't forget you defeated Biggles.

Edit: @Undead P34nut I also just noticed that I lost the 'Profilic Poster' award, issued to me by BZ before he left. It was only awarded once. I guess we have to let things go. At least I still have some of my first awards given by AD, I'd be almost disappointed to lose them too.

Edited by UNSC Spartan II, 24 October 2015 - 06:11 AM.

BStdT3J.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users