As some of you may have already noticed, over the past few days we've launched a new set of images for our various Awards, courtesy of the very talented Self Destruct - whom I'd like to take the opportunity to thank publicly for his outstanding work!
However, this isn't merely a much-needed upgrade to the aesthetic side of our Awards, but instead just one part of a much larger process which began in the increasingly prematurely-named Spring Update to overhaul the way in which we manage our Awards. I took your feedback on board, and so came up with a set of goals for the update, as listed below:
- To standardise the appearance of the various Awards, in terms of both size and style
- To give an explanation of how to earn each Award in a concise, approachable manner
- To make individual Awards feel more meaningful by reducing the overall number
- To make individual Awards relevant by removing outdated, redundant, and non-specific Awards
- To enable faster and more appropriate Awarding by defining specific criteria on how to earn each
As part of this programme, we've identified around twenty Awards to receive visual updates and descriptions, from an original sixty or so: as we enter the end of this update process, the forty Awards which were not selected will be removed from the site. For those members who will be affected by the removal, we have introduced the new 'Inheritor' Award, which is a special, one-time consolation gift and cannot otherwise be obtained (although we will distribute it again should we remove any further Awards in the future). As far as I'm aware, we've managed to get this out to all affected members: however, if you discover that you've lost an Award without being compensated, please let us know in the Missing Award Thread and we'll rectify the situation as soon as possible!
You can find the new list of obtainable Awards, as ever, on the Awards tab, along with their updated descriptions and visuals. We hope you'll enjoy the new Award system, and as ever, please let us know what you think!