•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (10 December 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, dubstepx41! :welcome: View dubstepx41's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 December 2019 - 07:06 PM) Welcome to the forums, Penguin Space! :welcome: View Penguin Space's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 December 2019 - 06:08 AM) Blast from the past
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 December 2019 - 06:08 AM) Wow yeah
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:37 AM) Anyone remember the 343i community yearbook? Yea, I dont want to either smh
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:22 AM) Shoutboxington
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:22 AM) How are things in Shoutland
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:21 AM) Hola hombres
@  Mothy : (10 December 2019 - 03:21 AM) @KhevaKins I sure did, im not rushing to rebuy a game ive been playing for eight years though
@  343iBot : (09 December 2019 - 04:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, EdwardVal! :welcome: View EdwardVal's Profile
@  343iBot : (09 December 2019 - 08:34 AM) Welcome to the forums, Mikaelaerop! :welcome: View Mikaelaerop's Profile
@  343iBot : (07 December 2019 - 05:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, MichaelAleva! :welcome: View MichaelAleva's Profile
@  KhevaKins : (07 December 2019 - 09:01 AM) Did you guys know Reach came out on PC?
@  343iBot : (06 December 2019 - 07:26 PM) Welcome to the forums, Saber256! :welcome: View Saber256's Profile
@  Tommy : (06 December 2019 - 04:41 PM) Here comes all the new accounts flowing in haha
@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race
@  Twinreaper : (04 December 2019 - 06:50 AM) hola amigos...welcome to the masta race lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (03 December 2019 - 09:26 PM) Rejoice!

Photo

Halo 5: New Warzone map revealed

Halo 5 Warzone Map

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,448 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:05 AM

Halo 5: New Warzone map revealed

7rsKA8P.jpg?1

Today, Microsoft revealed a new map that will be featured in Halo 5's Warzone gamemode.

On the first day of Comic Con Microsoft came out swinging by announcing one of the maps that will be featured In Halo 5's Warzone gamemode.

The announcement wasn't just any old announcement with a few concept art pictures and a name, no. They announced it by showing off a 89.500 blocks large, half a ton weighing Lego replica of the map.

The map will be called 'Raid on Apex 7' and is already bigger than the map 'Escape from A.R.C' which was shown at E3.

Here's the Lego structure:

Spoiler

And here's some of the concept art:

Spoiler

The style of the map was inspired by the level The Silent Cartographer in Halo CE.

Mysterious island? Check. Large middle structure? Check. Getting lost? Probably.

"Clearing out the initial Covenant threats and controlling the Forerunner Spire in the center of the island is paramount to a team's success and provides a central base of operations. If your team loses the Spire, don’t despair; players can use a system of caves or taketo the beach to flank the base. Beware of the Covenant though, for they will not let you take this islandso easily. They will counterattack and fight to retake their territory. Continue the push for control of the island and take out the opposition's core… before you awaken something much worse."

~Microsoft

The map appears to play out similair to the Escape from A.R.C map. First you'll drop in with a Pelican and will have to clear your base of AI enemies to be able to proceed. After that you'll have to option to either go for the central base and or bosses to score points or choose to go for the enemy base and destroy their core.

Choose wisely.

What do you think of the map? And what might we awake on it?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Gamespot

This post has been promoted to an article

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#2 Wam

Wam

Prophet of Regret

• Trusted Members
  • 189 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:WamSinchester
  • LocationThe High Ground
7    2            

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

I like that map. Bigger than Escape from A.R.C you say? Silent Cartographer, eh? And LEGOs. All in all, I say neat little catch p34nutttt.

1ZbSPBT.png

#3 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,819 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Yoshi1176
  • LocationSan Francisco
            8          2          5               

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:13 AM

Maybe they are bringing some sort of AI creature in? In past Halo games there have been creatures that were taken out of game, obviously the other Halo's weren't on this scale so maybe there will be. Maybe some sort of native alien creature that is an enemy to both teams?

Sort of like the Rancor on Battlefront?

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

First person to serve two consecutive terms as president of the USF

10th and 11th President of the USF

#4 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:33 AM

Dude, is it just me or does that concept are look a lot like Vertigo? Not exactly, but they look alike. 

#5 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,819 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Yoshi1176
  • LocationSan Francisco
            8          2          5               

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

Dude, is it just me or does that concept are look a lot like Vertigo? Not exactly, but they look alike. 

thats what I was thinking when i saw the center building.

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

First person to serve two consecutive terms as president of the USF

10th and 11th President of the USF

#6 Rue

Rue

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 263 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Cashenit
  • LocationUnited States
4    2   

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

It's so pretty!!! Both the concept art and the Lego structure! I've always been a fan of maps with both outside and inside fighting grounds, and the size of this map is a plus. The fact that it looks kinda like an island from Lost or Jurassic World is equally awesome. Good stuff P34nut!

To see the world in a grain of sand

And a heaven in a wild flower,

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,

And eternity in an hour.

#bewaretheninja

ღ Be prepared for the… AP Uprising

#7 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

I admit the lego structure was pretty impressive, not in size or scope. But because they actually put the effort in to hire someone to make a massive replica of a Halo map.

Certainly is interesting news, eh Nut? :D

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#8 VinWarrior

VinWarrior

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,494 posts
Heroic
7          2                              

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:40 PM

I admit the lego structure was pretty impressive, not in size or scope. But because they actually put the effort in to hire someone to make a massive replica of a Halo map.

Certainly is interesting news, eh Nut? :D

*MegaBloks

In relation to the article, 343 GIVE US A COVENANT MAP LIKE A CARRIER OR SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL SINCERELY ALL HALO FANS.

Posted Image

#9 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

^

Lego, Megabloks are they not the same thing but Megabloks are slight bigger? :)

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#10 rrhuntington

rrhuntington

Schpy

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,147 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:EVOL SPARTAN ll
  • LocationOn the Ark. Still awaiting EVAC ya' know?

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

If taking out the initial Covenant threat is on the beach right after your dropped off by a Pelican, that's going to be some serious Deja Vu, and pretty awesome. It would just be missing Foe hammer and the Halo theme.

Big maps and I love it. Gud News Nut.

Edited by rrhuntington, 09 July 2015 - 03:47 PM.

You're like a car crash in slow motion. It's like, I'm watchin' you fly through a windshield.

You'll Feel a Searing Pain for 21 Deaths

tumblr_o5ugz56RXu1u6023bo9_500.gif

#11 Unease Peanut

Unease Peanut

Nuts

• Legendary Members
  • 2,448 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Unease Peanut
  • LocationOn your left... If you dont see me turn another 90 degrees to your left and keep repeating this process until you see me
5       11             5                        

Posted 09 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

If taking out the initial Covenant threat is on the beach right after your dropped off by a Pelican, that's going to be some serious Deja Vu, and pretty awesome. It would just be missing Foe hammer and the Halo theme.

Big maps and I love it. Gud News Nut.

They could add that as a flashback. Would be cool

I've been pondering over what we'd awake on the map and I though what if the entire Forerunner structure comes to life? Certainly fits the omnious explaination.

Posted Image

"Demons run when a good man goes to war"

#12 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

So ots basically a CE DeathIsland remake from first glance. Texture and geometry use get a 7\10. Creativity...gets a big fat 0\10. Seriously 343....cant you produce anything but remakes or maps based on remakes?!?

bungie.gif

#13 Azaxx

Azaxx

Enigma

• Legendary Members
  • 3,680 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Azaxx
  • LocationAustralia
   2                   2    2                                       

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

So ots basically a CE DeathIsland remake from first glance. Texture and geometry use get a 7\10. Creativity...gets a big fat 0\10. Seriously 343....cant you produce anything but remakes or maps based on remakes?!?

The thing with the Halo community is that it's either very easy or very tough to please them. However with map choices, it's incredibly easy to please the masses just by what you design or recreate. Seeing as the Silent Cartographer is universally accepted as one of the best Halo missions to date in design and gameplay, it's easy to see why 343i decided to use it as a reference for this map, due to the masses being pleased from this nostalgia tip.

Spoiler

-King of Azaxxinations-

#14 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

thats where I differ.  I always disliked the map from its design, to its AI encounters.  For me, it pales in comparison to maps like Gephyrophobia, Infinity and campains like 2 Betrayals and Halo

bungie.gif

#15 Drizzy_Dan

Drizzy_Dan

Jack of all Trades

• 4,039 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:LL Kool D
6       2       2                        

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:33 PM

Warzone is going to be something else. I'm probably going to just explore the maps in the first few weeks instead of killing the other team.
"And for the record, I would've kicked your *** the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me."

#16 Melody

Melody

Celery Stick Crusade Champion

• Dedicated Members
  • 708 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:iCuddleU
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

Bigger maps? More players? Based from Halo CE? Oh, this is exciting news! I heard about this but couldn't find a picture, looks really neat. ^_^

NiftyDecentAstrangiacoral.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users