Today, 2K & Gearbox announced... Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for both Xbox One, and PS4 at the price of 60$. It contains a remastered Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, and Borderlands 2.
Here's some of the features of the game:
- Now supports 4 Player Co-op on the same console (compared to the original 2 max)
- Saves from the previous-gen Pre-Sequel, or 2 carry over to the PS4/Xbox One version. You cannot cross saves from a PS3 to an Xbox One, and so on
- All DLC from both the Pre-Sequel, and 2 will be in the Handsome Collection. This includes the unreleased DLC for the Pre-Sequel
- The game runs at 1080p, and up to 60fps. In 4 player splitscreen it's around 30fps
Full list of DLC:
In addition a limited edition (which there are only 5,000 units) dubbed the Claptrap-in-a-box Edition will release simultaneously with the regular edition at a price of 400$. Here's what it contains:
- Remote controlled Claptrap that stands 11 inches tall, and is controlled using an iOS, and Android app for Phone or Tablet: ClaptrApp. The Claptrap also has a camera in it's eye that can be streamed to the app. The bot speaks nearly two dozen different phrases, and it's battery life lasts around 20 minutes.
- The Handsome Jack Collection, including all the DLC
- 12 Vault Hunter lithographs: all the Vault Hunters from the games in the Handsome Collection.
- Collectible steel case for the games with custom artwork
Limited Edition & Game screenshots, Announcement Trailer, and Claptrap RC demo:
Both the Standard, and Limited Editions of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection are now available for pre-order. The game will release in North America on March 24th, and internationally on March 27th.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Source: Gamespot, Techspot, Gameinformer
Edited by Squidward Tortellini, 20 January 2015 - 07:57 PM.