Next Halo anounced as Halo 5: Guardians

This sounds so awesome! Do we know what Guardians are? Have they been discussed in Halo lore or are they something totally new? I guess we'll find out when Bnus logs in later. :hrhr:

Also the armor the person at the top of the photo is wearing, looks awesome, especially the helmet.

Great find Skumm! 

I wonder who that other spartan is, looks like a female one.

Yup. I wonder how people will react now that there appears to be two main characters. Especially if this spartan is quite possibly the replacement of Cortana.

2 years of speculation abode.....

Also, those rock formations in the back don't look very legit. This sandy world is obviously not just filled with rocks; we can clearly see buildings in this image, and the current 'cover art' for the Xbox One disc. The designs of those buildings certainly don't look human or covenant, but neither do they look forerunner either.

This'll be interesting.

Edited by ♥ Yoko ♥

Also, those rock formations in the back don't look very legit. This sandy world is obviously not just filled with rocks; we can clearly see buildings in this image, and the current 'cover art' for the Xbox One disc. The designs of those buildings certainly don't look human or covenant, but neither do they look forerunner either.

This'll be interesting.

Precursor?

This sounds so awesome! Do we know what Guardians are? Have they been discussed in Halo lore or are they something totally new? Man, I'm so excited to find out! 

I havn't read any of the books so there could be something in there that mentions guardians but the only guardian I'm aware of is the Guardian Sentinel, I doubt the game title is referring to that.

250px-Oxmguardian.gif

I remember having a discussion about this actually and the Guardian Sentinel actually does open up in the middle if you read about it in the Wiki but we concluded that they either altered for the game or it's just not the Guardian Sentinel. With the title announced, alterations seem much more likely though.

BUT HOLY CRAP THIS IS EXCITING AND HUGE.

Anyone else read dedicated servers? And a 2015 release? This is just what the Halo Community has been asking for. They've been working on this and are still putting their all into this game. Halo 5: Guardians sounds kinda weird, I like Halo titles to just have a number but whatever. A brand new multiplayer built from the ground up for the Xbox One with core features from previous Halos? YES. 

Picture art thoughts: So we see that this new Spartan figure which may not even be a Spartan. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't because of the blue glow in the visor like the Prometheans under The Librarian's control. Second thing to notice would be that Chief is in full armor. EXCEPT for his elbow? So it seems he might've suited up in a hurry and left? He's not missing a chest piece like he was in the teaser trailer leading me to believe that it could've just been an accident. Or they could be backtracking and don't want to give info on that just yet. Lastly, the positioning of this figure compared to Chief. It's on top and is the main focus. Are we going to play as this character in some parts of the Campaign like in Halo 2 with the Arbiter? Are they trying to find each other instead of Chief doing all the chasing? Anyway, there is obviously something special about that character if they got to be the main focus over Chief.

Incredible. Thanks for posting this skummgummigubbe.

• Like 2

I wonder who that other spartan is, looks like a female one.

It does say some old friends will return from the show. so possibly Kelly? She may have gotten an upgrade like cheif.

Also I cannot begin to explain how pumped I am for this game. Halo 5 was going to be great anyway, but this really makes me want to buy it. If 343 follows up and fills the expectations that they are making us form, we could have a really great game on our hands.

Also if you look at the mysterious figures chest it looks like one of the chest plates that we get in Halo 4. This may just be a upgraded visor or a new Spartan generation. (Spartan 4's right?)

Edited by Yoshi1176

https://s3cmsassets.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/web/news-and-blogs/article-body/graphics/halo-5-guardians-concept-art-ca11b3e478cb49959c1bc3f7bca3533f.jpg

Concept Art I saw on Halo Waypoint's blog. Sorry I couldn't get the image to show up in the thread. (sort of a noob at these kinds of forum things.)

The thing that intrigues me the most is the tentacle shaped pods in the back flying in the sky...   Flood dispersal pods? http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Flood_dispersal_pod?file=Floodpod_closeup.JPG

Also note the planet appears to have two suns, and there is what looks like a statue sitting up against a rock wall.

In any case, I'm just glad we have something to grasp onto now after being in a drought of information for months. Excited for E3.

Inb4 someone has a problem with subtitles... Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 5: Guardians. No beef with dis'.

lmao too many cnnections between bunie and haylo

Guardians

Precursor?

Possibly, but remember that most of the Precursor stuff that was made within the Milky Way galaxy was probably based off of neurophysics by the time the Precursors were technologically advanced enough to be intergalactic tier 0's. Thus, when the galaxy-encompassing firing of the Halo's was initiated - of which Precursor technology was targeted by. Those stuff was wiped out......

Although it may be possible that there were remnants still remaining; if so, it may explain the sand as being a bunch of remaining silicon dioxide ( i dunno maybe i watched too much sci-fi.......Turn A's moonlight butterfly reduced matter to SO2 :3 ) but otherwise I doubt it.....Although it may help explain that war sphinx rising out of the sand.

I'm glad they gave it a name besides Halo 5. I'm hopeful that 343 learned from their mistakes in Halo 4. I'm also fully expecting Halo 2 Anniversary this year with its own multiplayer. Maybe they can build off of that then.

The most interesting thing is the other spartan mirroring the Chief. Maybe it is someone 'hunting' him or just looking for him.

The mountainous concept art is also interesting. Maybe some kind of 'civilian' forerunner buildings opposed to the military and scientific ones we have seen.

Edited by WonderWombat

It does say some old friends will return from the show. so possibly Kelly? She may have gotten an upgrade like cheif.

There's an ONI symbol on the chest piece on that spartan. I think this spartan has been sent to hunt down chief as he has gone "rogue".

• Like 1

In the past, “Halo” games have pushed the Xbox forward, showcasing the console and its ecosystem in entertaining and innovative ways. Making a “Halo” game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial. It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the “Halo” game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One.

60 frames per second? Dedicated servers? Holy schnikes!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bjD_UR6eog

On the real though, I'm excited has hell for this game. Oh, and the title's awesome :D

edit: Halo 5's #1 trending on Twitter!!!

h5twitter_zps04c22247.png

The female spartan is Naomi-10, from the Karen Traviss Novel series. She works for ONI (note the ONI symbol on the armor!) and her Mjolnir armor is described as being jet black. 

It's actually not a female Frank O'connor confirmed it on neogaf. What made you think it was Naomi anyway?

• Like 1

If that is the cast its a big missed opportunity. Can you link to that source?

Frank O'Connor's name is stinkles in case you didn't know

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=112216945#post112216945

Edited by Azaxx
I made this best answer for all to see the confirmation about the top Spartan not being Palmer, Cortana or any female.

Im calling it now, its either Linda or Naomi.

Frank O Connor already confirmed it is NOT a female.Also SII's were bulkier then that so I highly doubt it is even an SII

The image of the second spartan looks more female than male though. Just because he said it isnt, doeant mean he is telling the turth. I'll wait till we actually have more info on this. Although as an afterthought, it could be a full suit encompassing Cortana. Cortana is an AI, and therego forfeits an actual gender assignment or profile. Simply put, she is more of an "It".

https://s3cmsassets.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/web/news-and-blogs/article-body/graphics/halo-5-guardians-concept-art-ca11b3e478cb49959c1bc3f7bca3533f.jpg

Concept Art I saw on Halo Waypoint's blog. Sorry I couldn't get the image to show up in the thread. (sort of a noob at these kinds of forum things.)

halo-5-guardians-concept-art-ca11b3e478c

Didn't occur to mee that it was two suns. When I looked at it, I thought it was a giant cavern. Hmm. A desert planet with two suns, these structures that, in a way, look a bit reminiscent of arabic/middle eastern castles, And that carved statue thing? Is it just me, or does the shadows on it's face, as well as those two points coming out forwards, look a bit like an Energy-Sword wielding Elite?

Sanghelios?

The image of the second spartan looks more female than male though. Just because he said it isnt, doeant mean he is telling the turth. I'll wait till we actually have more info on this. Although as an afterthought, it could be a full suit encompassing Cortana. Cortana is an AI, and therego forfeits an actual gender assignment or profile. Simply put, she is more of an "It".

He's also a 'New' character. 343 Industries' exec producer, Josh Holmes, confirmed that much, as well as 'he's not Palmer (Or Cortana)' 

@JoshingtonState

Edited by ♥ Yoko ♥