Hyperion

Hyperion

Latest Version 05.06.2013 - Created by Roughsta

Gamertag: Roughsta

Map Download Link:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/dfea9553-ab25-4ea8-8d25-229bc21262de

"Epic battles are constantly drenching this ancient arena in Spartan blood, just to slake the thirst of gods..."

This is my 9th Halo 4 map and I put a lot of thought in each detail...

It's a "watertight" symmetric map which is split up by a big trench.
There are some unique aesthetics and smooth integrated pallets and explosives to explore...

I hope you are curious enough to give it a download^^

Intended Size:
8-16 Players

Supported Gametypes:
Slayer, King Of The Hill, Extraction, Flood, Swat, Regicide, Oddball

Initial Ordnance:
1x Binary Rifle 180s
1x Sticky Detonator 180s
1x Scattershot 180s
1x Energy Sword 180s
1x Railgun 180s
1x Needler 180s
2x 2 Frag Grenades 120s
2x 2 Plasma Grenades 120s
2x 2 Impulse Grenades 120s

Random Ordnance: None

Weapons on Map:
2x Battle Rifle 60s
2x Light Rifle 60s
2x Assault Rifle 60s
2x Storm Rifle 60s
2x Suppressor 60s
2x Covenant Carbine 60s
2x DMR 60s

Armor Abilities/ Powerups on Map: None

Supported Vehicles: None

Trait Zones:
1x 200% gravity at the top, to ensure no one gets out with a jetpack...

Budget: 9995/10000

Multi-Team Gameplay Video of the latest version of the map:

Part 1
[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

Part 2
[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

4v4 Slayer Gameplay Video of an older version of the map:
[video=youtube;UpsZBQUlh3o]

Fileshare Video Link: Datei-Browser Offizielle Halo-Seite

All pics of the latest version:

2qn1j76.jpg

k39hz4.jpg

mhq88n.jpg

2z677t3.jpg

30kppp4.jpg

sv5afs.jpg

2nu3rdy.jpg

acy2o9.jpg

97k9pc.jpg

e8tvzo.jpg

27yd43r.jpg

4udx0l.jpg

hvtmaf.jpg

2w4z79y.jpg

2m4uesi.jpg

2r57oly.jpg

2vsltfc.jpg

qn7lsy.jpg

99e2rm.jpg

ve4vno.jpg

nqr244.jpg

70uhyv.jpg

2vnrwgi.jpg

2vv28sj.jpg

30dhsmx.jpg

annacy.jpg

ixcpw7.jpg

2ilzig2.jpg

9pt747.jpg

If you take a closer look at my maps you will definetly notice how much work and time I spent on forging...
I'm always trying to serve you unique clean forged quality maps.
I'll keep testing my maps to improve them over and over again, so please send me a message on Xbox Live if you want me to add you as a test member...

Thanks for all constructive critics, comments and likes!

post-45649-0-03802400-1370817454_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I already uploaded a newer version again... Mainly because of the weapon tuning update, I added some of the now improved weapons. But I also changed some areas and made them less confusing to navigate. I will upload a few new screenshots next week.

The link is updated...

As always I appreciate any constructive feedback on it ;-) !

Love the aesthetics; i like how you placed the map in such a way that the forerunner building cuts through the middle. not that i have played on it, but it seems to support jetpack more than other armor abilities; i doubt autosentry or active camo would work as well. still, great job!

the breaking of pallets to ambush people from underground is really creative, i like the idea, but it may not be as functional in a competitive map? i don't know, that may be just me.

Love the aesthetics; i like how you placed the map in such a way that the forerunner building cuts through the middle. not that i have played on it, but it seems to support jetpack more than other armor abilities; i doubt autosentry or active camo would work as well. still, great job!

the breaking of pallets to ambush people from underground is really creative, i like the idea, but it may not be as functional in a competitive map? i don't know, that may be just me.

Thanks man, nice that you like the aesthetics!

Actually all armor abilities work well, it just depends on how creative you use them ;-) ...

I didn't speak about it before, but you can easily use it to your advantage if everyone else thinks the jetpack is the best choice...

For example seeing through walls allows you to see people walking in the trench so you can figure out a good position to jump down or shoot at them.

The camo on the other side is useful because of the many hiding spots and narrow ways where u can easily be overseen. The camo can of course also be useful to hold a usually less attractive exposed (power) position without being noticed fast enough...

The pallet traps on top are at alleged good looking camping spots that aren't necessary key positions.

The pallet traps at the lower area are where they can only be shot from a few more or less exposed positions...

I just made another huge update today... With improved the sight lines and aesthetics and I added more on-map weapons.

This walkthrough video should give you a good overview of the skill jumps, power positions, sight lines, sneak ways and weapon placements on the map:

Walkthrough Video Link:

Filesharing Video Link:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/57791ab2-dd54-406b-95f1-405960b23249