Is sparton ops cheating????

perezozo

I've told my friend about how much xp you get, and he says I'm cheating. He claims 343 has said that doing this is cheating and that they can't change the xp amount because they already made the spartan ops missions. Look, If it's open to the public, doesnt require hacking/modding, then I dont see why not. Please share your thoughts on who is right.

I've told my friend about how much xp you get, and he says I'm cheating. He claims 343 has said that doing this is cheating and that they can't change the xp amount because they already made the spartan ops missions. Look, If it's open to the public, doesnt require hacking/modding, then I dont see why not. Please share your thoughts on who is right.

It isn't cheating. Spartan Ops is a perfectly legitimate way of earning experience and ranking up. Your friend says that 343 Industries said it's cheating and they can't change the XP amount because they made the missions already? Who do you think set the values for how much experience you currently earn to begin with? If it's something that the developers purposefully included within the game then it isn't cheating. Things like hacks, button glitches, and other exploits are.

Just a quick question I've never paid attention to spartan ops after I beat it. What is the average xp gain from Spartan ops?

I normally am getting 5950 XP from a single mission doing a matchmade op. If I am solo'ing it or playing in a preset party then you get around the same amount of xp as a war games match.

Doing spartan ops isn't cheating of course because it's part of the game, but it won't make you any better.. I'm about level 40 and I've played kids that are 130 and killed them multiple times because they aren't used to actually playing multiplayer because they just grind through spartan ops with double xp. So no, its not cheating but rather a quicker way to level up.

Accumulating more of an arbitrary number doesn't constitute cheating. It wasn't cheating in Halo: Reach and it isn't now. The fact that people complained about it was one of the stupidest and most embarrassing things I've experienced from the Halo community.

The number was even more pointless in Halo: Reach, where it really did mean NOTHING. At least in Halo 4 you can unlock specializations and stuff. If you prefer Spartan Ops, play Spartan Ops.

In Halo 3 the problem with people making new accounts wasn't that they got to 50 fast, even though that's what all the IDIOTS complained about. The problem was all the lower-skill players they crushed along the way whose Halo experience was SUPPOSED to be facing players of equal skill. Instead it was a lot of getting annihilated by higher level players who Trueskill had tried to keep fighting each other. FYI Halo 3, which I regard as the best in the series for multiplayer, is probably also the game that made Halo second in the market. Trueskill did its job, people didn't do theirs, and everyone who wasn't in the upper half of players skill-wise got stomped on way more often than they should have by people wanting to go back and raise that number again.

Otherwise getting your rank up fast just doesn't matter that much, and people should learn to mind their own damn business. I wish people's fascination with it would cease though. It's frustrating how the thing that drives people to play is also the thing that drives them to play in ways they shouldn't.

No, it's not cheating, not at all. I think your friend is jealous. That being said, if you venture out into Matchmaking at level 130 and haven't played much Matchmaking at all, you'll get absolutely destroyed.

Gotta correct this. Matchmaking is still determined by Trueskill NOT your SR. So if he goes into Matchmaking at level 130 he will do just as well as he would have otherwise. You see people in Matchmaking with similar SRs facing each other because people of roughly similar skill who have played similar amounts will have closer Trueskill AND SR. If they get all their SR from Spartan Ops though, their SR will be much higher than most people at their Trueskil level.

Its not cheating but I wouldnt recommend Sparton Ops boosting you will then have a high rank and get destroyed when your matched up against players who have high xp from War Games

If you use Fast Track and Find game in sparten ops you can get to 7k XP per match but why keep on repeating that just to get raped

meh your own choice really but its not cheating

In that case your friend is a total dumbass and is just jealous that ur better than him and a higher rank- he probably does it every second to try get higher than you. He just needs to be good. I earn like 3000 in a war games game and only about 1000 more in a spartan ops mission on legend that takes twice as long

How else are you going to max out those commendations? I have yet to run into a grunt in MM. And yea, dew double xp, fasttrack 6 1/2 min games for 14000 xp is about the best you can do. We had a 4 man group doing speed runs on the same map for 2 hours strait, booooring, yes, lame, yes, holy bajeezus did we rank up, yes

• 1 month later...