Is halo 4 going to be game of the year?

SEKC TTBLSSH

Way to think positive Theo. If Halo 4 follows in the tracks of previous Halo games then ya its going to get GOTY.

Just presenting the facts here.

We are taking a leap of faith with Halo 4. New developers and a new trilogy is a huge risk and it could end up to be disastrous. Not saying it will, just saying there's a chance.

• Like 1

Theorix, we must have faith in them though. I mean, they have O'Conner for Pete's sake. I say that if it still holds the original Halo feel, and the graphics hold true and briliant, with the system running smoothly and everything, the game WILL be game of the year.

I have to agree with theorix. At this point, we're all hoping that the game is going to be awesome (me included). But we don't know for certain that it will be, and until we either ( a ) get to play the game or ( b ) at the very least see more multiplayer footage, we cannot possibly begin to determine how good the game is going to be.

I hope it's good enough to get GOTY, but I'm holding my breath until I actually get to play the game.

Here my view on game of the year. Halo 4 is going to win it but if no Halo 4 then it will be Far Cray 3 if not Far Cry 3 then it will be Dishonored if not Dishonored then it will be Medal of Honor War fighter and if its not Medal of Honor War Fighter then it will be Ghost Recon Future Soldier... and if none of those win it will be Black Ops 2. So here is my list:

1. Halo 4
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Dishonored
  4. Medal of Honor
  5. Ghost Recon

And if all fails it will be Black Ops 2.

• Like 1

Here my view on game of the year. Halo 4 is going to win it but if no Halo 4 then it will be Far Cray 3 if not Far Cry 3 then it will be Dishonored if not Dishonored then it will be Medal of Honor War fighter and if its not Medal of Honor War Fighter then it will be Ghost Recon Future Soldier... and if none of those win it will be Black Ops 2. So here is my list:

1. Halo 4
  2. Far Cry 3
  3. Dishonored
  4. Medal of Honor
  5. Ghost Recon

And if all fails it will be Black Ops 2.

wheres AC3 in there?

:)

I think you're right Undead, Far Cry 3 is looking like good GOTY material. I guess there's no way to know right now anyway but it's fun to speculate. Honestly, my biggest concern for Halo 4 is the soundtrack over anything else. And it's not so much of a concern as it is curiosity, I just want to hear some new Halo music.

How exactly is the Game of the Year chosen anyway? Is it a democracy or a behind the curtain type of thing?

Since Half-Life 3 isn't going to be released until next year I would say that Halo 4 has a very good chance...

Of course its way to early to tell.

Wait, what? You don't know this, no one does. Half Life 3 hasn't even been announced.