The Elite Concern

27 members have voted

1. 1. Ask yourself, do you really think it will affect Halo if Elites are removed from Multiplayer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I don't care

Hello once more,

I am RelevantWolf (David in real life) reporting to you once more. If you have not heard of me (again) please check out my other topics as well, in order to get an idea of how I do things.

Over the days that have passed, I have come back and forth between Halo: Reach, Halo CE Anniversary, Fable 2 & 3, Civilization and Doom 3. One day as I was browsing the file browser on Halo: Reach's most downloaded and Most Recommended categories, I found a lot of topics concerning the Elites in Halo 4 multiplayer, and their appearance in Halo 4.

Now, I know what you are thinking, "Not another one of these god-forsaken posts complaining about Elites being in Halo 4 or not! Ugh!" I am here to say, that I am only here to inform and give my point of view and not to rant on about a small ideal. Anyway, getting back on topic, let's examine what I have seen on the File Browser lately. I have seen all sorts from threatening to boycott Halo, to even people raging about the Elites in Halo 4. Here are some quotations that I have seen from these screenshots; keep in mind that these are directly quoted and are not fabricated information.

"343 Industries is going to destroy Halo! They are taking out the Elites!"

"This is the way the world ends. 343i is destroying Halo."

"343 you better have Elites in Halo 4!"

"343 please don't take out the Elites from multiplayer! They are important to Halo."

"If Elites are in Halo 4. Then it's not Halo."

"343 sucks! They are destroying Halo (No elites)!"

I realize that most of you may have questions, one of them does not mention Elites, but in the quotation stating, "This is the way the world ends...", it features an Elite with blocks made into "343" set into flames. The Elite protest is one of concern, particularily for those who have started on Halo:Reach and midway through Halo 3. Since Halo: Reach's main focus was to reveal how the Elites and the Humans came to wage war (a prequel to the Halo franchise), Bungie stated that they were going to focus on the Elites; they were going to make them bigger, and better, causing the Spartans to seem inferior to the Elites. Perhaps a reason for a sudden uprising and protestant movement that Elites in Halo 4's multiplayer will be gone, is primarily because (again) we are unable to accept Halo without Covenant. Simply because "It's just not Halo." But ask yourself this, how many games have stuck to ONE main enemy? It's Hald and Half correct? On one hand you have Call of Duty (that has always changed story wise(excluding Modern warfare), Battlefield, and some others that have always evolved enemy wise. On the other hand, you have Halo, Mass Effect, Gears of War, etc. all the games whose enemy has not changed over a series of games.

Now ask yourself this, if Gears of War were to come out with a completely new plot, story, and enemy, how many of you would be able to accept it as Gears of War? Most of you will say, "Well without locusts Gears of War is not... Gears of War." yet, you haven't even given it a proper chance to introduce itself, anf try the game. However, the other percentage of you will say, "Awesome! I can still play Gears and it will feel brand new!". Relate this to Halo, we tend to think one-track minded, we must open out minds to the possibilities of a new Halo storyline. let's get realistic, how many of you have gotten tired of Call of Duty? In my opinion, it is because one thing hardly changed: multiplayer and storyline. If you want my further reasoning of this, I will explain in another topic.

As for the rest of you that are concerned and worried that Halo might not be Halo, I have my concerns as well. But not because Halo is taking away Elites. I am going to try to get you thinking: DON'T YOU THINK IT WAS TIME FOR A CHANGE? Think about it, if Halo continued with an alternate story with the Covenant as playing a role in multiplayer (being the main enemy in campaign), and being every aspect of Halo once more, how many of you would get bored of that? Honestly, I would, a lack of new enemies brings less and less excitement to a game. Take for instance, the Final Fantasy franchise (warning for final fantasy lovers: this is my opinion). How many games has Final Fantasy had now? How old has it gotten because nothing has really changed, excluding a few more features and characters? Could you relate this to Halo?

Perhaps though, this new enemy will bring new challenges to the average Halo player. I see two ways that this could end with 343 Industries: Either a very bad enemy and game, OR a very challenging enemy but still a fun game. Yes, I am sad as well to depart from the Elites, as I enjoy killing them in Halo Anniversary... hearing those unnecessary "worts" and cheesy screams. But we must welcome this new liberalism to Halo 4, and embrace it, we cannot simply turn our backs on Halo entirely just because a few things are added/ taken away. Reason with yourselves; acceptance is key to overcoming this. Perhaps 343 will create something for Elite lovers in the future, but that wil have to wait, and we will have to see.

Thanks for reading, if you have any questions, please send me a message.

RelevantWolf

• Like 5

I completely agree with you, sir. Elite fans are taking this all far to seriously. They need to start thinking about the future, and accept the change. We cannot have the same enemy, or enemy species, in this case, forever. People need to adapt, and accept that this is the way halo grows. Halo is still the unique game it was since 11 years ago, and it's due to change In gameplay, and enhancements in the storyline and multiplayer. With change, this is how halo grows.

Not how it's destroyed.

-Bullet

• Like 1

It won't have any affect on Multiplayer. Yes, they do go well Spartans vs Elites. But, it really won't affect anything if they aren't in there. They are just a different "class".

YES IT WILL AFFECT IT! I'm no Elite person but its always fun to kill em in matchmaking and hear the "BLAARRRGG" sound. Elites, i think, play a huge role in Halo.

Well, if you like killing them and hearing BLAARRG, then play campaign and custom games... The elites agonizing death cries will fill your ears once again :D

• 2 months later...

in my opinion we need the elites because they add the dynamic of playing as something that not a human because only few other games do that and if they remove the elites then it will be like COD or BATTLEFIELD an then whats the point of playing halo when it will would just be like all the other FPS

• Like 1

It wouldn't affect multiplayer at all reach proved that and in the campaigns elites were cool I first couple games having big presence compared to grunts etc since two hunters are easier to kill than let's say 6-7 elites and lord know those elites I firefight with human weapons dodging shots like no other with rocket launches? Sniper rifles? Halos gotta evolve so if there gone they won't be missed and I'm sure 343 will be adding another alien to the mix or something other to fix that gap.

Frankly I am sad that we can not play as Sangheili anymore, but i do believe it is on the right path to open up a new halo Trilogy that has a new and bigger enemy that is the main concern. I believe that giving us the option to play as Promethean Knights at this point in time would be too much of a durastic change for Halo fans at this time.

in my opinion they should either keep the elites in matchmaking or come up with a new replacement, Because in many other games you can only play as a human. And this is why halo is special because you can choose how you want to play in a special way... though if 343 would both keep the elites and come up with new playable creatures in matchmaking, would maybe screw up the balance in the game...

I have to say i am a elite fan, and im both sad if they are'nt in matchmaking, but im also looking forward if they have a new creature you could play as! And i think it also would be time to come up with another playable charater because the elites doesnt have so much to do in halo 4 as maybe the forerunners, right? so thats why you should be able to play as a forerunner or something :)

Sangheili have always had a playable part within Halo's online experience. I do believe they will be in Custom Games and Forge. We cannot simply adapt to another species. How unpractical would that be?Why would they change a species that has been in Reach and 3? That is only two games. Also, only War Games has been shown which is the Cod-like playing style. What about the ACTUAL Halo playlists? A lot of Infinity Ward and Activision members now work for 343i and they wanted the best of both worlds, so there will obviously be an orignial Halo set of playlists alongside these "new" Cod-like settings. Custom Games also has not been revealed and it has not been said that they will not be in them. They obviously need to keep a species that a majority of the community now play as. YOU cannot suggest that they are completely cast aside as the game has not been released and you haven't seen all of the modes yet, so we can still consider them in Halo 4's Custom Games and Forge. Anyhow, they would have confirmed this a long time ago like they did when they weren't in War Games, which could still mean they are in the original playlists that comprised Halo 3 and Reach. Stop making assumptions when you do not have the full story to comment or speculate upon!

We will be able to play as elites in elite ops as one of the employees said there will be a high chance for it, so they may appear in custom games and probally forge

Yes, they will. 343 Industries would have confirmed it if they were not in Custom Games and Forge, like they did with War Games. I believe that Matchmaking will return as War Games only has the Cod-like playlists. Sangheili will be making a return in "Elite-Ops", Custom Games and Forge. I know so.

• Like 2