Ask The Director.

The Director

Why is spartan ops only for Gold members, this has really pissed off the offline community.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I do not work for 343i or Microsoft. However, the answer to this question is simple. Because people who pay for Gold Accounts are the ones who make XBL as good as it is. All of the connectivity that silver members enjoy are because of the gold members who've put the money into buying gold accounts. And let's be honest, it's only pissed off those who don't have gold/can't afford it, which is understandable. But silver accounts still get to play matchmaking and the campaign, the only thing is they can't play Spartan Ops (which isn't nearly as good as the multiplayer or campaign in my opinion). So this question is basically the same as "Why isn't Halo 4 completely free?" or "Why should I have to pay for my X-Box?"

You may think this answer was formed because I have Gold, but my gold account will have to be renewed here in another couple of weeks, and I more than likely won't be able to get it renewed, so you'd be wrong.

Hey Director, I'm back! I've been playing AC3 since the day it came out, and finally decided to try myself at making a montage. This is the first montage I've ever made and so I was wondering if you could maybe give me some feedback on it - since I hope to make some more AC3/Halo 4 montages later on. I suppose the question I'm asking is; What do you think of the montage? (Please watch in 720p to see it at its fullest) :) Thanks for your time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCTmJ-OtvI&feature=plcp

Hey Director, I'm back! I've been playing AC3 since the day it came out, and finally decided to try myself at making a montage. This is the first montage I've ever made and so I was wondering if you could maybe give me some feedback on it - since I hope to make some more AC3/Halo 4 montages later on. I suppose the question I'm asking is; What do you think of the montage? (Please watch in 720p to see it at its fullest) :) Thanks for your time!

Looks great! :D

What is the blast radius of the sticky and frags in halo 4 and halo 3?

In Halo 3 the damage radius is 3-4 spartans standing shoulder to shoulder wide, and in Halo 4 it's between 2.5 and 3.5 of the same measurement. If you are asking if they nerfed the grenades, yes they did. The reason they did was because they've been hearing complaints of nade spam for a very, very long time. lol

I'll post two questions in one post to make it easier ;) Do you think Cortana is dead or is she still alive? Also, why are you omniscient in all topics?

1. I think she is still alive, and the focus of Halo 5 or Halo 6 will be recovering her.

2. I try to be, but I do have other things to do xD Like try to make money off of my Youtube channel. lol

why has the 343i chat dissapered for me

You may have minimized it. There should be a rectangular box at the top of the forum page. On the right side of the box when you hover your mouse over it a - or a + should appear. Click that and it will show up again. Or you can click the shoutbox tab. :D

The sound of the Worthog engine is extremly loud and my 16 year old sister with Autism has a very hard time playing those parts because of it. I'm seriously not joking about this at all. Children with Autism have very accute and hyper sensitive senses. I have to turn the volume down very low in order for us to keep playing. Is there any possibility that the Wort Hog engine could be turned down or modified in that future? Thanks.

You are stranded on an Island and on that island are 3 all knowing all powerful gods. One god is the god of truth, who always tells the truth and can never lie. The second god is the god of lies, he always lies and never tells the truth. The 3rd god is the god of chaos, he tells both lies and truths, however, completely randomly. The gods appear as identical twins, they all look the same. The gods also speak a language that you do not understand, except that you know that uga and booga are the responses yes and no (you however do not know which word is yes and which is no). You can only ask 3 yes or no questions to the gods in order to figure out which god is which. What 3 questions do you ask?

A friend recently asked me this and I was stumped.

1) Kevin that is a little innapropriate.

2) will you be submitting any videos to my new video shop?

Who is Kevin, and yes more than likely. xD

Geez you are smart sir. Ok got a riddle:

How can you build 4 pig pens, to hold 9 pigs, while having an odd number in each pen?

And a question:

What is the science behind color change paint jobs on cars/trucks?

Hrm... Have the first 3 pens have 3 pigs and have the fourth one around the first three pens.

Second question, are you talking about changing the color of the vehicle, a type of paint that actually changes color (like the spoons that come with certain cereals), or are you talking about the metallic paints that change color depending on the way you look at them?

The sound of the Worthog engine is extremly loud and my 16 year old sister with Autism has a very hard time playing those parts because of it. I'm seriously not joking about this at all. Children with Autism have very accute and hyper sensitive senses. I have to turn the volume down very low in order for us to keep playing. Is there any possibility that the Wort Hog engine could be turned down or modified in that future? Thanks.

I do not work for 343i, so I couldn't say. :/ Sorry.

You are stranded on an Island and on that island are 3 all knowing all powerful gods. One god is the god of truth, who always tells the truth and can never lie. The second god is the god of lies, he always lies and never tells the truth. The 3rd god is the god of chaos, he tells both lies and truths, however, completely randomly. The gods appear as identical twins, they all look the same. The gods also speak a language that you do not understand, except that you know that uga and booga are the responses yes and no (you however do not know which word is yes and which is no). You can only ask 3 yes or no questions to the gods in order to figure out which god is which. What 3 questions do you ask?

A friend recently asked me this and I was stumped.

First question:

Ask god B, "If I asked you 'Is A Random?' (gesture towards the god you've designated as A), would you say uga?". If B answers uga, then either B is Random (and is answering randomly), or B is not Random and the answer indicates that A is indeed Random. Either way, C is not Random. If B answers booga, then either B is Random (and is answering randomly), or B is not Random and the answer indicates that A is not Random. Either way, you know the identity of a god who is not Random.

Second Question:

Go to the god who was identified as not being Random by the previous question (either A or C), and ask him: "If I asked you 'Are you False?', would you say uga?". Since he is not Random, an answer of booga indicates that he is True and an answer of uga indicates that he is False.

Third Question:

Ask the same god the question: "If I asked you 'Is B Random?', would you say uga?". If the answer is uga then B is Random; if the answer is booga then the god you have not yet spoken to is Random. The remaining god can be identified by elimination.

Got it without even figuring out what the words meant. Took me a good 20 minutes of thinking though .-. Who comes up with this stuff? There are a couple of loopholes with the way Random would answer a question, however this is the only solution that I can come up with in only three questions, and for all intents and purposes it works.

• Like 1

I'm talking about the way you look at them "changing color paint." Like that rainbow kind. If you can figure out what I mean by that, but I think you already know. Its been fuj reading through this thread btw lol

I think it's called pearlescent paint, and the way it's done is really simple. First you start with the base color (black, red, white, etc.), and then you paint a clear coat over it. Then you paint the pearlescent paint over it (which is thin, so you see the color underneath as well), and then put a clear coat over that. That's the way it works. :D

Ok. Good question Director. Who is Kevin? :)

Not allowed to give out personal information about people. :3

So, first question: In the first episode of S-Ops, the Infinity literally pas through a Covenant ship (ZOMG moment), but precisely....WHAT kinda ship? I'd rather think it's a CCS-class, but if you look closely, the others cruisers (logic says that they would be the same size as the rammed one) are waaaay smaller than that one...so? And it's not a prospective trick, that Cruiser is HUGE!

hello Do you know of anything in the works for making halo 4 Oceanic friendly. I find as do other Oceanic players, that Halo 4 is much more bandwidth heavy, and thus making war games and Spartan Ops a big disadvantage for us across the big blue ?

This is the case for many people who don't live in "easy access" countries, I'm afraid. X-Box Live is run by Microsoft, so any issues you are having with lag is because of either them or your ISP. So no, I haven't heard of anything. Sorry :(

Director. Draw me a design of your cryo freezing morphing nanobots.

Not a question :P And I am not an artist lmao

What is the break-even point of -x-32=4x+2? Answer using the Addition Principle, and show your work too. :troll:

The last two aren't a question, and I don't do your homework for you. :P The break-even point of -x-32=4x+2 is -6.8,-25.2 which means that if this isn't homework... then your company isn't doing very well...

do you praise Our Ford?

as in the great Henry Ford

also who is the highest ranked authority on this community made site

I don't really like Ford. I like Dodge vehicles, and Henry Ford was an anti-Semite, which I do not approve of. And that would be Twam.

So, first question: In the first episode of S-Ops, the Infinity literally pas through a Covenant ship (ZOMG moment), but precisely....WHAT kinda ship? I'd rather think it's a CCS-class, but if you look closely, the others cruisers (logic says that they would be the same size as the rammed one) are waaaay smaller than that one...so? And it's not a prospective trick, that Cruiser is HUGE!

I do not remember the nomenclature, however I think it's a flag-ship. The flag-ships are not commonly used in battles, but rather extended covenant operations in an area, because their massive size makes them a very large target. While they do have massive firepower, the resources it takes to create one makes it to where losing it would be a large blow to the fleets in the area. They carry communications, supplies, science personnel, and occasionally the prophets themselves.

bacon or bacon? :3 :dog:

:gsd:

Bacon.

If all trimps are tromps, and all tromps are trumps, then all trimps are definately trumps.

True, or false?

"Just give him the sword already."

Has there been any mention by 343 about a possible forge-friendly map pack in the future?

I'm afraid there hasn't. However, the normal maps are more forge friendly than they were in Reach, so as long as the maps in the War-Games map pack are similar technically they will be more forge friendly than the Halo Reach map packs. :D
  • Like 1