Ask The Director.

The Director

"Well, you'll have to do better than that" and "I know this code by heart" Lol! You're pretty awesome Director! :)

But seriously, is the only way to earn the Vitamin P achievement to defeat you by giving you a question you fail to answer?

Fine, and if you say I must do better than I shall try. I've had to do a little research to ask you these questions, as the sciences are not my strong suit, I'm more of a historian, but I will see if I can challenge you a little.

Q1: How is the lymph system involved in the absorption of the products for digestion?

Q2: Balance for me (and I mean in the field of chemistry): CuSCN+KIO3+HCI === CuSO4+KCI+HCN+ICI+H2O

Q3: What was the first map I posted here on the forum? (Yeah this is kinda cheap, but not impossible to find...)

Triple threat, I hope this is slightly more challenging for you Director :) Thanks for playing, this is pretty cool.

1. It absorbs fats and fatty acids as chyle from the small intestine.

2. 4 CuSCN+10 HCl+7 KIO3 = 4 CuSO4+7 ICl+4 KCN+5 H2O+3 KCl (assuming your I's are l's and not I's.)

3. I do believe it was Tanker.

What clothing brand was started in 1977?

The ones that come to mind are Burton, American Eagle Outfitters (which is more of a shop than a brand, but they do make clothing), Le Tigre, a glove making company that starts with M (like Minhase or Minhas, something like that), and of course, Victoria's Secret. There are probably more, but did that list one you were thinking of?

1. It absorbs fats and fatty acids as chyle from the small intestine.

2. 4 CuSCN+10 HCl+7 KIO3 = 4 CuSO4+7 ICl+4 KCN+5 H2O+3 KCl (assuming your I's are l's and not I's.)

3. I do believe it was Tanker.

Alright, I will have to say that I have just finished doing additional reseach into the topics. I have surmised that you have 2 out of 3 answers correct, but here is my logic behind all of this:

A1. *Edited out* you are correct for this answer! - my bad, just did further research!

A2. As for this question, I had a friend help me with this one and, after working together, we think the answer is: 4 CuSCN + 7 KIO3 + 14 HCI = 4 CuSO4 + 7 KCI + 4 HCN + 7 ICI + 5 H2O ** Edited*

[i just looked into this and found that I am correct, the answer I posted is right.]

As for your question of where they are i's or l's - I thought it would be pretty evident.

-> For the (KIO3) it would have to be an "i" for Iodine, since there is no KL type element, only K=potassium, so it would have to be an "i". Which would make this= Potassium iodate.

->As for (HCI) I thought this was also evidently H (hydrogen) - Cl (chlorine) [since as far as I know, H-C-I cannot be put together, therefore it could only be HCI=Hydrochloric acid

->As for (KCI), my understanding is that this is also an impossible chemical combination. Therefore, it would have to be KCI= Potassium chloride.

-> As for (ICl), this should be easy enough aswell. The first letter is "i" for Iodine and then the "CL" would be chlorine again, since if there were 2 "i"s then it would be I2 before the C. So, this would be=Iodine monochloride.

A3. Totally correct. Thanks for looking it up, lol! :)

So, I have done my reseach and, feel free to look into it more if you don't believe me, but I think that your score for this would be 2/3. Anyways, thanks for playing Director, but I think that I may have finally bested you (I hope). :)

Alright, I will have to say that I have just finished doing additional reseach into the topics. I have surmised that you have 2 out of 3 answers correct, but here is my logic behind all of this:

A1. *Edited out* you are correct for this answer! - my bad, just did further research!

A2. As for this question, I had a friend help me with this one and, after working together, we think the answer is: 4 CuSCN + 7 KIO3 + 14 HCI = 4 CuSO4 + 7 KCI + 4 HCN + 7 ICI + 5 H2O ** Edited*

[i just looked into this and found that I am correct, the answer I posted is right.]

As for your question of where they are i's or l's - I thought it would be pretty evident.

-> For the (KIO3) it would have to be an "i" for Iodine, since there is no KL type element, only K=potassium, so it would have to be an "i". Which would make this= Potassium iodate.

->As for (HCI) I thought this was also evidently H (hydrogen) - Cl (chlorine) [since as far as I know, H-C-I cannot be put together, therefore it could only be HCI=Hydrochloric acid

->As for (KCI), my understanding is that this is also an impossible chemical combination. Therefore, it would have to be KCI= Potassium chloride.

-> As for (ICl), this should be easy enough aswell. The first letter is "i" for Iodine and then the "CL" would be chlorine again, since if there were 2 "i"s then it would be I2 before the C. So, this would be=Iodine monochloride.

A3. Totally correct. Thanks for looking it up, lol! :)

So, I have done my reseach and, feel free to look into it more if you don't believe me, but I think that your score for this would be 2/3. Anyways, thanks for playing Director, but I think that I may have finally bested you (I hope). :)

Okay, let's take a look at what you wrote in a different font.

CuSCN+KIO3+HCl === CuSO4+KCI+HCN+ICI+H2O

CuSCN means Copper thiocyanate, KIO3 would be Potassium iodate, HCl is Hydrochloric acid, CuSO4 is Copper sulfate, KCI however, does not exist. KC(lowercase L) does exist, but that's not what you wrote.

Now, here's what it should be, and how I got my answer. Also, the I and l thing was a joke about the font format lol

CuSCN+KIO3+HCl === CuSO4+KCl+HCN+ICI+H2O

(Using a Balancing Redox Equation)

Oxidation half reaction (Cu from 1 to 2, S from 0 to 6, assigning formal anionic charge to cyanide):

CuSCN + 4 H2O + = CuSO4 + CN(-) + 8 H(+) + 7 e(-)

Reduction half reaction (I goes from 5 to 1)

6 H(+) + 4 e(-) + IO3(-) + Cl(-) = ICl + 3 H2O

Balance electrons with the factors of 4 and 7:

4 CuSCN+ 16 H2O = 4 CuSO4 + 4 CN(-) + 32 H(+) + 28 e(-)

42 H(+) + 28 e(-) + 7 IO3(-) + 7 Cl(-) = 7 ICl + 21 H2O

Add together to get electron-free net equation:

4 CuSCN + 10 H(+) + 7 IO3(-) + 7 Cl(-) = 4 CuSO4 + 4 CN(-) + 7 ICl + 5 H2O

Condense H(+) and Cl(-) into HCl, add 3 Cl(-) to both sides to get rid of all H(+) on the left, then add potassium ions to complete balancing of remaining salts and presto, the answer:

4 CuSCN+10 HCl+7 KIO3 = 4 CuSO4+7 ICl+4 KCN+5 H2O+3 KCl

Just to be clear, here is my original answer, quote and all:

4 CuSCN+10 HCl+7 KIO3 = 4 CuSO4+7 ICl+4 KCN+5 H2O+3 KCl (assuming your I's are l's and not I's.)

Here is the answer you gave:

4 CuSCN+7 KIO3+14 HCI = 4 CuSO4+7 KCI+4 HCN+7 ICI +5 H2O

So ONE of us did something wrong. If you can point out my error in my shown work, you get the award. :)

Do u think MC will ever get married?

Probably not. He has no sex drive, and therefor no reason to marry. Plus, his purpose in life is to protect all of humanity, so he wouldn't really be seeking a significant other.

How does one simply walk on water?

Wait until it freezes. lol

Okay, let's take a look at what you wrote in a different font.

CuSCN+KIO3+HCl === CuSO4+KCI+HCN+ICI+H2O

CuSCN means Copper thiocyanate, KIO3 would be Potassium iodate, HCl is Hydrochloric acid, CuSO4 is Copper sulfate, KCI however, does not exist. KC(lowercase L) does exist, but that's not what you wrote.

Now, here's what it should be, and how I got my answer. Also, the I and l thing was a joke about the font format lol

CuSCN+KIO3+HCl === CuSO4+KCl+HCN+ICI+H2O

(Using a Balancing Redox Equation)

Oxidation half reaction (Cu from 1 to 2, S from 0 to 6, assigning formal anionic charge to cyanide):

CuSCN + 4 H2O + = CuSO4 + CN(-) + 8 H(+) + 7 e(-)

Reduction half reaction (I goes from 5 to 1)

6 H(+) + 4 e(-) + IO3(-) + Cl(-) = ICl + 3 H2O

Balance electrons with the factors of 4 and 7:

4 CuSCN+ 16 H2O = 4 CuSO4 + 4 CN(-) + 32 H(+) + 28 e(-)

42 H(+) + 28 e(-) + 7 IO3(-) + 7 Cl(-) = 7 ICl + 21 H2O

Add together to get electron-free net equation:

4 CuSCN + 10 H(+) + 7 IO3(-) + 7 Cl(-) = 4 CuSO4 + 4 CN(-) + 7 ICl + 5 H2O

Condense H(+) and Cl(-) into HCl, add 3 Cl(-) to both sides to get rid of all H(+) on the left, then add potassium ions to complete balancing of remaining salts and presto, the answer:

4 CuSCN+10 HCl+7 KIO3 = 4 CuSO4+7 ICl+4 KCN+5 H2O+3 KCl

Just to be clear, here is my original answer, quote and all:

Here is the answer you gave:

4 CuSCN+7 KIO3+14 HCI = 4 CuSO4+7 KCI+4 HCN+7 ICI +5 H2O

So ONE of us did something wrong. If you can point out my error in my shown work, you get the award. :)

Omg... I am so sorry if I miss-used the "I". I wrote it last night and I must have totally messed it up lol! God I feel foolish about that, totally my bad with the post. I now see that I miss wrote the set up for both the potassium chloride and the Iodine monochloride. I, sadly once again, must tip my hat to you Director, for a job well done! :) I have been outdone by the font system, but have learned a valuable lesson and hope to never again make such a mistake whilst writing chemistry equations...

As for the mistake within one of our equations, I realise that from what you got from me, filled with all the "I" errors, which I apologise for once again, is correct, althout your answer surpasses my personnal knowledge of chemistry and therefore, since I cannot contest something that I do not understand, I shall agree with you there. I realise that the equation I intended on writing had the correct answer that I gave, but the one that I ended up giving you, was correctly answered by you. So, since I cannot disprove you... you win... again. Lol. :) (I've got to say that this just keeps getting better and better :) ) The only thing I didn't get (and this is perhaps because this is above my understanding of chemistry) is how such combinations like (ICI) and (KCI) "with all the Is being "i"s", I thought that these were impossible combinations. So I guess, simply to help grow my understanding, my next question would be:

-How are such combinations like (ICI) and (KCI) possible? (I imagine you explained it a bit while explaining your answer above, but I don't quite understand) Thanks again Director, I really thought I had you that time, but I guess the game continues!

How are such combinations like (ICI) and (KCI) possible? (I imagine you explained it a bit while explaining your answer above, but I don't quite understand) Thanks again Director, I really thought I had you that time, but I guess the game continues!

You mean iodine monochloride and potassium chloride? lol That's IC(lowercase L) and KC(lowercase L)

Alrighty, I have been beaten again and so, I have now come to the decision that when I post a question, it will be on a subject that I am better versed in, so, for the time being, this will be history.

-What church is currently believed to be the main link between the order of The Knights Templar and the Freemasons? Also, who had this chapel constructed?

(PS: After looking over what you'd written down, I needed to re-explain myself, since I wasn't too clear last time. Is it possible to have a composite that would be (ICI) I-C-I [as in Iodine - Carbon - Iodine] since that's what I posted by accident instead of (ICl) [iodine monochloride] and you were still able to come up with a valid answer. I didn't realise this was possible, so i was wondering if you could explain how a composite ICI can be calculated?) [i've learned my lesson with fonts.... :)]

Alrighty, I have been beaten again and so, I have now come to the decision that when I post a question, it will be on a subject that I am better versed in, so, for the time being, this will be history.

-What church is currently believed to be the main link between the order of The Knights Templar and the Freemasons? Also, who had this chapel constructed?

(PS: After looking over what you'd written down, I needed to re-explain myself, since I wasn't too clear last time. Is it possible to have a composite that would be (ICI) I-C-I [as in Iodine - Carbon - Iodine] since that's what I posted by accident instead of (ICl) [iodine monochloride] and you were still able to come up with a valid answer. I didn't realise this was possible, so i was wondering if you could explain how a composite ICI can be calculated?) [i've learned my lesson with fonts.... :)]

Well actually, I realized that you had misprinted ICl and did my calculations based on the only thing it could be, which was Iodine Monochloride, and basically the same with KCl. I was just making a random point at 3 AM lol

As to your question, ah theoretical history. I do believe you are speaking of Rosslyin Chapel (aka Collegiate Chapel of St Matthew) which was founded by William Sinclair, 1st Earl of Caithness.

What dinosaur species has shown no sign of predation in the fossil record?

As in preying on or being preyed on? For having to answer your question with a question, here's an interesting fact. There's no such thing as a Brontosaurus. The word Brontosaurus was the result of a paleontologist accidentally adding a Camarasaurus head to an Apatosaurus body.

Now that I think about it, that could technically answer your question. lmao

Alright Director, that's cool. Now onto the next question; I remember my friend and I got into a debate about this a while ago and I don't quite remember the answer. I will be looking it up soon, but I thought that for the time being, it might be a suitable challenge for you:

-What were the names of the men who were considered to be the five good emperors of Rome and, in which period did they live within? Also, what was so remarkable about each other's succession to this position of power?

I'll be sure to check my books before I come back here to see your answer. :) **Sorry, edited it a little, my compt froze and didn't save the whole post... my bad**

Alright Director, that's cool. Now onto the next question; I remember my friend and I got into a debate about this a while ago and I don't quite remember the answer. I will be looking it up soon, but I thought that for the time being, it might be a suitable challenge for you:

-What were the names of the men who were considered to be the five good emperors of Rome and, in which period did they live within? Also, what was so remarkable about each other's succession to this position of power?

I'll be sure to check my books before I come back here to see your answer. :)

Eaaaaasy. I'm assuming what you mean by "what's remarkable about their succession" is what did the do for Rome.

1. Trajan - Born/died: (53-117 AD) Ruled: (98–117 AD) He made the Roman Empire the size that it was, and got it to the largest that it ever got to.

2. Nerva - Born/died: (30-98 AD) Ruled: (96-98 AD) Even though his rule was short, he was considered one of the kindest and wisest of the Roman emperors, having released all of the people who were imprisoned by the emperor before him. Unfortunately, the military didn't like him, but the people loved him.

3. Hadrian - Born/died: (76-138 AD) Ruled: (117-138 AD) He traveled the lands owned by the Roman Empire and donated money to local construction projects as he went. He was considered an excellent military leader, but there weren't very many conflicts during his rule.

4. Antoninus Pius - Born/died: (86-161 AD) Ruled: (138-161 AD) He introduced many principles into Roman Law that made life better and easier on the people. He is also considered a bit of a humanitarian. He also threw one hell of a party for Rome's 900th anniversary.

5. Marcus Aurelius - Born/died: (121-180 AD) Ruled: (161-180 AD) He humbly refused to take power unless he shared it with a co-emperor (Lucius), and was considered a good man. During his rule, Rome knew a time of strife because during the Marcomannic Wars one of his generals rebelled and took half the empire (well nearly half). Marcus was able to retake it, and is credited for "reuniting Rome".

Well, those are the five good emperors, as far as I can remember. Note that they are called "good" emperors and not "great" lol

Hey Director,

Looks like you're right again. Although you didn't answer the period question I asked, I noticed that you gave the dates of their rules, so I'll count it as correct, since it's kind of hard to specify what I was really asking for - the answer being that they all ruled within the Antonines period.

Anyways, I have another few questions for you. Perhaps you will laugh, or maybe it might finally challenge you a bit:

-> Which Catholic state became a vassal under Byzantium?

-> Which islamic sultante was established by slaves?

-> Which military faction was able to defeat the Hashashin?

Hey Director,

Looks like you're right again. Although you didn't answer the period question I asked, I noticed that you gave the dates of their rules, so I'll count it as correct, since it's kind of hard to specify what I was really asking for - the answer being that they all ruled within the Antonines period.

Anyways, I have another few questions for you. Perhaps you will laugh, or maybe it might finally challenge you a bit:

-> Which Catholic state became a vassal under Byzantium?

-> Which islamic sultante was established by slaves?

-> Which military faction was able to defeat the Hashashin?

1. I think you are talking about Antioch. Which is where the Holy Hand Grenade comes from.

2. The Delhi Sultanate* lol there's another "a" in there. xD

3. The Mongols. Lol could you imagine, the "Hashashin's Creed"? xD

Who is your favorite Member?

N0va. lol

WaaT LeyNGooeyGE aaM I SPeiKING IN, MR. DirEKTir?

Irken? lol

1. I think you are talking about Antioch. Which is where the Holy Hand Grenade comes from.

2. The Delhi Sultanate* lol there's another "a" in there. xD

3. The Mongols. Lol could you imagine, the "Hashashin's Creed"? xD

N0va. lol

Irken? lol

No, it's Dragon Language from Skyrim. A rough translation into English text.

Multiple Q and A, trying to be creative.

1. Without looking this up, what is the first thing that I say in episode one of Red vs Blue?

2. I am currently writing a machinima. If in my machinima there is a UNSC officer and a Sangheli zealot both wanting to work towards peace between Elites and Humans, then would this conflict with anything in the halo universe?

3. Why did you render me all but incapacitated in season ten?

4. Why should I not show up with Carolina and kill you?

5. Why is it that you failed because I now remember everything?

6. Why is it that whenever you turn up, everyone turns against me?

BEAT DIS!!!

Resectfully yours,

Alpha

Edited by Church

Multiple Q and A, trying to be creative.

1. Without looking this up, what is the first thing that I say in episode one of Red vs Blue?

2. I am currently writing a machinima. If in my machinima there is a UNSC officer and a Sangheli zealot both wanting to work towards peace between Elites and Humans, then would this conflict with anything in the halo universe?

3. Why did you render me all but incapacitated in season ten?

4. Why should I not show up with Carolina and kill you?

5. Why is it that you failed because I now remember everything?

6. Why is it that whenever you turn up, everyone turns against me?

BEAT DIS!!!

Resectfully yours,

Alpha

1. In episode 1? "What?"

2. No, actually it could be an extension of Glasslands, where The Arbiter and Lord Hood work towards peace.

3. No, because you can still take a robot body if you wanted to.

4. Because you and Carolina won't be able to kill me. If you kill me, the series ends, and thusly, so do you. Plus it would be a form of suicide.

5. I didn't fail. I wasn't trying to block your memories. If I had been, I would have simply deleted Epsilon when I knew that he had them.

6. That's all in your head.

Dis beat.

Burnie Burns confirmed that he was killed by the EMP. The only fragment that remains is Epsilon.

Close, but not quite. BB's exact words were, "...his storage medium was wiped clean by the EMP." The only problem is, Church repeatedly demonstrated the ability not only to faze in and out of reality, but also existed independent of a storage medium for some time. STUMPED!!!