Do You Want 'Prestige' ranks in Halo 4?

ProdigyPoop

Spartan Ranks in Halo 4  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like Prestige Ranks in Halo 4?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Doesn't matter to me.
    • If it's similar to Reach's ranking system.
    • If it's similar to Halo 3's ranking system.
    • Depends on Ranking System.

As we all probably know, a lot of games allow you to prestige/restart your ranking progress once you reach the highest rank in a game. You get a new rank symbol and start all of the ranking process back. In Halo 3 and Reach I've seen many players at the highest rank. But I was wondering if Halo 4 should have prestige ranks, maybe called "1st Spartan" for the first prestige. I've heard in some Sparkcasts that everybody at the 343i studio is rank 50. So maybe there won't be a prestige kind of ranking but would you like one? I know I would, well if it was mixed with Halo 3 AND Reach's ranking system. Prestige ranks show how many times you've achieved the highest rank/level and that you are, most likely, a really good player especially if Halo 4's ranking system is like Halo 3's.

Depends on how they have the ranking system. If it is based off W/L then i doubt there will be prestige. If it is like Reach, then there most likely can be prestige ranks. I hope 343i has came up with a better ranking system. I voted "doesn't matter to me". All i want is to have fun, balanced gameplay and have decent maps.

• Like 2

Depends on how they have the ranking system. If it is based off W/L then i doubt there will be prestige. If it is like Reach, then there most likely can be prestige ranks. I hope 343i has came up with a better ranking system. I voted "doesn't matter to me". All i want is to have fun, balanced gameplay and have decent maps.

Good point. I edited the poll so now you can choose which fits you best. And I agree, I would like prestige ranks in Halo 4 but overall the balanced gameplay, fun, and good maps is the most wanted.

Tyrael, stop reading my mind.

Seriously, this sums up my thoughts pretty much perfectly.

Guys... I know what you all are thinking. "No! It won't work! To much like CoD!" Well, just think about it. You see, if halo 4 had a ranking system like halo 3, 1-50, then it would work perfectly fine. No problem there, not regarding the fact CoD uses it. However, with a system like halo reach, without rank numbers, just ranks, I say definitely no go. First of all, it just wouldn't make sense, and also it'd make it hard to tell a non prestige rank and a prestige rank apart. See where I'm going? I voted depends on ranking system.

Guys... I know what you all are thinking. "No! It won't work! To much like CoD!" Well, just think about it. You see, if halo 4 had a ranking system like halo 3, 1-50, then it would work perfectly fine. No problem there, not regarding the fact CoD uses it. However, with a system like halo reach, without rank numbers, just ranks, I say definitely no go. First of all, it just wouldn't make sense, and also it'd make it hard to tell a non prestige rank and a prestige rank apart. See where I'm going? I voted depends on ranking system.

Well the difference is that in COD you can get to rank 70 or 50 or whatever in 2 or 3 days. In Halo you have to work for a long time and play thousands of games to get to the top rank. And 343i knows this is a COD thing and won't use it just in fear of people not buying the game for taking the idea.

Well, what kinda ranking system are we talking about here? Every player should have the same abilities REGARDLESS of credits or time playing. If one person has better abilities just because he has played longer, that's not fair to anyone at all, and It'll make it just as Cruddy as Call of Duty's system where an online starter will get lousy stuff, allowing him to get killed while another can win practically every time. This is 343's call on how they make it...

I DO NOT want 'prestige' ranks in Halo 4. Just NO.... NEVER.....

Hahaha I used to have this as my texttone lol. Was probably one of my favorites. But I still think a prestige mode would be nice to have, just seriously depends on the ranking system.