Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 Matchmaking?

ZB-85

Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Halo 4 matchmaking?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Are you upset that Elites will not be playable in Matchmaking?

I haven't heard anything about an "Elite Ops", so if you would please link me to an interview or statement about this then that would be nice. I'm just not informed about that mode. I do not care if they are playable or not because I hardly ever used them and had no desire to use them. Spartans have always been the race I preferred, and I have always liked their armour choices far more than that of the Elites. I never said that I do not like Elites at all, I said that I do not care if we are allowed to play as them. Spartans wouldn't be out of the picture because that is what players have played as from the beginning. The Spartans are what Halo's gameplay is designed around, not the Elites. They have been a part of Halo's multiplayer since day one.

I also have spent many hours researching legit resources about Halo 4, and have not come around Elite Ops. So i highly doubt its legit.

This... Is your "proof"? Wow. THAT was believable. Let me get this straight: Who is this guy? Are you positive he knows what he's talking about? Is he a 343 employee? Member of staff? I didn't think so.

Besides. If this elite ops was to be in the game, I have received word that it will be for forge and custom games ONLY. No matchmaking.

Covenant weapons are made from recovered forerunner technology. Recovered, by the Shan'Shyunn. (prophets). So no, the weapons were not made or designed by the sengheili, rather by the forerunners, and modified by Shan'Shyunn and engineers.

Believe it or not, there are weapons used by the covenant that were adapted from Sangheili weaponry. You see, it wasn't immediately established that the San'Shyuum would be the "guardians of the forerunner's gifts", so it's likely that the weaponry based on Sangheili weapons were, in fact, developed by Sangheili themselves. The reason that the San'Shyuum became the "guardians" was because the Sangheili had more military prowess, and so they ended up having to compromise to make things equal.

On the actual OP, hasn't this matter been settled already?

well of course elites should be in custom and forge just not taken out completely because that would mess everything up, dont get me wrong halo 4 looks amazing and if elite ops is true with arbiter in it and elites in custom and forge it would be the best halo game yet its just these elite clans have been here since halo 2 and to throw it all away would be like destroying childhood memorys or telling someone to go away when all they have done is try to help so at least have a little respect for the communitys needs..

And no, elites and prophets fought after the creation of the covenant, while sangheili were still armed with San'Shyunn weapons. The covenant, was just a temporary truce between multiple races to take out the humans; also an ancient enemy of the forerunners. They teamed up to take out humans, that's it.

This came up as I was researching the previous post. No. No no no. The Sangheili fought the San'Shyuum, which the resulting war ended up created the covenant. Then more species were added to the covenant. All of this happened nearly decades before the Covenant's first contact with humanity. They teamed up for the "great journey", not to take out humanity. The only reason that they decided to destroy humanity was because it was revealed that humans may actually have been forerunners who were left behind from the great journey, which threatened the very foundation of the Covenant if revealed to the masses. This is why three new hierarchs came to power, and this is why these hierarchs decided to try to eliminate humanity.

some elites thought the prophets great journey was a lie so they became elite separatists thats why you could customise their armour in halo 3 but in halo 2 and reach the prophets were in charge and they were in the covenant and they had ranks so they were elite loyalists, plus they were the prophets main defence thats why the brutes took their place when thel vadum-elite general and in control of the invasion on halo failed to stop master chief..

I was saying that the sangheili also fought the San'Shyunn after the creation of the covenant. No, actually, DURING the alliance. Which is why, in halo 3, they fought alongside humans. The prophets deceived the sangheili.

Oh thank Twam xD I was about to be like "BULLETSTORM! How could you screw THAT up?" xD

http://postimage.org/image/5keldgd6n/ thats proof for ya and its confirmed plus elites have been here since day one of xbox live multiplayer

Also ^ this image is supposed to be of Frank O'Conner relieving concerns that fans have over Halo 4. He did a FAQ, and answered as best as he could. Whether or not that actually is Frank, though, I cannot say for sure because I was not there. However, I'm told it is by a couple of credible sources.

One last thing, Frank has said before in Sparkkasts that Spartan Ops, Spartan Points, and whatnot were just placeholder names until they come up with something better. Which makes the post (which, btw, if you ask around someone has a link to the actual forum this was posted on) even more believable.

I personally don't care, even though in Halo 2 I played as an Elite. Removal means that the Elite can now be focused on as an enemy. Instead of having the same powers as the player, with the occasional rage, this will permit them to be different sizes and abilities changing up combat.

actually it was the astetic elites that made the covenant weaponry and they are made in the use of forerunner weapon and you cannot have an opinion on something if you dont know it.. now go into a sangheli clan or fleet see how many people have elite names like zuka vernasee, voro vodatee, sesa vadumee, there are thousands of us and learn our oath of samurai and the ranks and the meaning of a real sangheli then ill listen to your comment ms

Actually, it was little companies dotted around High Charity, there name escapes me at this time, but they make the weaponry at the Prophets disposal, however companies on Sanghelios made ENERGY Swords and such, prior to the Covenant.

I must agree though, hundreds; thousands even, use Sangheili orientated names, it is our way. We devote years of our lives to learn the ways of a Sangheili, just like you train to be a pathetic human. I cannot stress this more...

No-one cares about your opinions, whether you like them or it's not a big deal to you. The Sangheili have the best clans in the world and they kick the arse of any Spartan clan, don't be selfish because your clans fall to the might of the Sangheili!

• Like 3

Actually, it was little companies dotted around High Charity, there name escapes me at this time, but they make the weaponry at the Prophets disposal, however companies on Sanghelios made ENERGY Swords and such, prior to the Covenant.

I must agree though, hundreds; thousands even, use Sangheili orientated names, it is our way. We devote years of our lives to learn the ways of a Sangheili, just like you train to be a pathetic human. I cannot stress this more...

No-one cares about your opinions, whether you like them or it's not a big deal to you. The Sangheili have the best clans in the world and they kick the arse of any Spartan clan, don't be selfish because your clans fall to the might of the Sangheili!

No one is being selfish because they don't really mind if the Elites are playable in Halo 4. I personally don't mind one way or the other because since Halo: Combat Evolved I have always preferred playing as a Spartan. Role playing and having fun as an Elite, getting into the fiction and such is fine, but I think you're honestly taking it a bit too far. If you really enjoy playing as them, I can understand being let down that they may not be playable in matchmaking. However attacking others whether it be via forums, in game, or via any other form of communication is downright stupid. Now I'm not saying that you in particular are doing that, but I've heard that some people and Elite clans are doing this. It is a video game, it isn't something that should honestly affect your life in any serious way. Going to these kinds of lengths to express your disappointment is silly. I am sure that, despite Elites not being a choice for matchmaking, 343 Industries will give those who enjoy playing as Elites something that they will enjoy. Maybe this could be an "Elite Ops" type of mode, maybe we'll be allowed to use Elites in Custom Games and Forge.

Also, please don't try to tell someone that no one cares about their opinion. That is completely uncalled for. There are plenty of people who care about the opinions of others. You may not be one of them, but don't try to speak for everyone else. You should not discard someone's opinion just because they may not be as fanatical as you are when it comes to the choice of playing as a certain type of alien in a video game series.

• Like 1

No one is being selfish because they don't really mind if the Elites are playable in Halo 4. I personally don't mind one way or the other because since Halo: Combat Evolved I have always preferred playing as a Spartan. Role playing and having fun as an Elite, getting into the fiction and such is fine, but I think you're honestly taking it a bit too far. If you really enjoy playing as them, I can understand being let down that they may not be playable in matchmaking. However attacking others whether it be via forums, in game, or via any other form of communication is downright stupid. Now I'm not saying that you in particular are doing that, but I've heard that some people and Elite clans are doing this. It is a video game, it isn't something that should honestly affect your life in any serious way. Going to these kinds of lengths to express your disappointment is silly. I am sure that, despite Elites not being a choice for matchmaking, 343 Industries will give those who enjoy playing as Elites something that they will enjoy. Maybe this could be an "Elite Ops" type of mode, maybe we'll be allowed to use Elites in Custom Games and Forge.

Also, please don't try to tell someone that no one cares about their opinion. That is completely uncalled for. There are plenty of people who care about the opinions of others. You may not be one of them, but don't try to speak for everyone else. You should not discard someone's opinion just because they may not be as fanatical as you are when it comes to the choice of playing as a certain type of alien in a video game series.

I am sorry, playable Sangheili in Custom Games and Forge is absolutely fine, I'm not too bothered about Matchmaking, I just want to be able to play as the in Custom Games and Forge. That's all we want.

We are aggressive and yes, we do take it far, but we get more of a kick out of it, than anyone that way.

I also apologize once again, I didn't mean to come across that way, sorry.

• Like 2

I am sorry, playable Sangheili in Custom Games and Forge is absolutely fine, I'm not too bothered about Matchmaking, I just want to be able to play as the in Custom Games and Forge. That's all we want.

We are aggressive and yes, we do take it far, but we get more of a kick out of it, than anyone that way.

I also apologize once again, I didn't mean to come across that way, sorry.

Thats good to hear. Honestly, I'm on your side , sorta, seeing as how I'm an Elite player as well.

• Like 1