Countries of Reach

Countries of Reach

4 Teams. 4 Countries. 1 Winner.

Hello, everyone. Countries of Reach—or CoR for short—is a popular role-playing game that was created on April 12th, 2011, which was placed on Forge World. I was one of the creators of CoR, the main designer being Sgt Caolan. However, I am sometimes credited as being the main designer of CoR for balancing, promoting, and fixing any and all issues found in CoR.

In my opinion, CoR has to be one of the most popular RPGs with a big growing fan-base in Halo: Reach. I have seen many versions of CoR, but Sgt Caolan and I always use the version we worked on together (because we just love it so much!). I highly recommend you download and use the updated version of CoR for many reasons stated in the next paragraph.

The base version of CoR doesn't support the use of Elite characters, and the latest version has many things that have been fixed throughout time like spawning, jail doors, vehicle add-ons, weapon add-ons, base defenses, etc. The current version of CoR not only supports Slayer, but also CTF, Territories, and Assault, which have been recently added for a more entertaining experience with CoR.

Now I'm about to go in-depth explaining what each gametype is, what CoR is, how to play and rules of the RPG, etc.

CoR was originally made for 4 Teams. However, for an additional entertaining experience with the role-playing game, I have added Territories and Assault, which only support two teams (Red and Blue). The teams that CoR has is: Red Team (Russia), which is located inside the Coliseum; Green Team (Ireland), which is located on the Island; Gold/Orange Team (Germany), which is located on Alaska; Blue Team (United States of America), which is located near the beach on the Canyon/Hemorrhage.

Slayer and CTF are very similar to each other, CTF just having a more objective feeling to the game unlike the regular Slayer gametype. However, both are very objective-based and are very fun! Slayer and CTF are the only two gametypes to have all 4 countries on the map. The only difference is that Germany/Gold Team is supported on the Slayer gametype and Germany/Orange Team is supported on the CTF gametype. Germany/Orange Team is to only be used in CTF because Germany/Gold Team was the first team to be created for Germany, and Germany/Orange Team spawns are only supported for CTF.

Territories and Assault are the only two gametypes to support only 2 teams. They both are placed on the opposite sides of Forge World. Russia/Red Team is located inside the Coliseum and America/Blue Team is located on the Canyon/Hemorrhage. Each are heavily Objective-based and are great if you only want to play with just two teams.

The Slayer version of CoR was the first gametype to be created. After, Territories was made for CoR, then CTF, and then Assault.

How to play:

CoR was mainly created for 4 teams in which each team would create alliances and adversaries. You would eventually try conquering all the countries to rise as the MAIN World Power before you get conquered—this is the main focus of the game. Of course you want your country to win! You don't want to lose! It's highly recommended you work together with your team, but going as a lone wolf and covert helps as long as your team knows. wink.png Have a plan, have a strategy, and have nice teamwork in order for your team/country to triumph over the others.

Rules of CoR:

• You can only make alliances in the Slayer and CTF gametypes.
  • A team can only be conquered once ALL the team members are inside the jail cell.
  • Countries may have a leader (and co-leader) at the decision of the game's party leader or the team itself.
  • One team can merge with an ally into their team if they all agree.
  • If a team needs help getting out of a jail cell one member may switch to the ally's team to tell them they need help, and THAT IS ALL. You can only receive help from an ALLY.
  • Once a member from another team comes up to your jail cell and says something like, "You are conquered. Switch now." you must switch to that designated team. You cannot switch to your ally's team because they did NOT defeat you and you did NOT agree for a merge.
  • Rocket 'Hogs may not be flipped out of their zones. They are meant to stay STATIONARY.
  • It doesn't matter if one team that conquered another didn't kill them. The only way for a team to be conquered is if another team visits the other team's jail cell to claim the power, regardless if that team claiming power killed them or not.
  • It is recommended that if a team is defeated by more than 1 of the other teams, that the teams that allied to take down the others split the members as evenly as possible.
  • Players must stay in game chat in order to listen to others and participate. It'll guarantee a GOOD game and deliver the BEST experience.
  • In the CTF gametype you can win by capturing all the teams or by scoring.
  • In the Territories gametype you can win by hitting the 1 hour cap with the highest score, or by capturing the other team.
  • In the Assault gametype you can win by capturing the other team or by scoring.
  • Players can send Xbox LIVE messages or say something in a Private Chat or Party at their own discretion and/or of that of the team/country leader. It is recommended that a message be sent as the host of the game may kick you at any time.

Links for download:

Some pictures:

This is Germany (Gold/Orange Team). You can clearly see the jail cell to the right of the structure with the spawn points. You have to press these land mines in order to free the players that have died. Behind the "Spawn Structure" as I'll call it, is an armory. Every base has an armory.

reach_27197641_Full.jpg

This is the U.S. base.

reach_27197651_Full.jpg

This is the Russian base. Beware—the Russian base is highly fortified and has extraordinary defenses in place!

reach_27197645_Full.jpg

Countries of Reach II: The Medieval Times has been created and is now on my File Share. However, I never had Bungie Pro so I could only fit 7 files in my File Share; therefore, the map for Countries II in only available. You'll have to play the gametypes in order to save them!

Countries of Reach Anniversary will be the third installment to the Countries series. After Countries Anniversary, one last untitled Countries will be created before the release of Halo 4!

As you'll progress through the Countries games, you'll see that my Forging abilities have improved tenfold. I'll be improving in my Forging abilities for Countries to bring greater success, improvements and fun into the game.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This sounds interesting and all, but I only know strategies and callouts for Bungie-made Big Team Battles. Could we organise one of these "team" 8v8 with my planet? Also there better be a damn Wraith! Seriously, please get back to me and we'll be happy to verse one of your "countries".

• 1 month later...