The Problems with Reach (Explained).

Iиversiσn

There are a few reasons in general why people hate Halo: Reach passionately. I will cover the main ones that I can think of in this thread.

The armour abilities.

These are considered to be the most overpowered, "noobish" abilities in the game. Personally I enjoy playing reach, but it can get frustrating at times. Let's review the abilities.

Active Camo

This is in my opinion only annoying by how people play it. By that I mean that some people like to rush around and when they see somebody they activate it just to mess up the motion sensor, now, on the other hand there are people who like to sit in their spawn with a sword and use it to go invisible and pretty much be camping "noobs".

Armor Lock (The worst of the worst)

I think that this armor ability is the most overpowered of all. You can survive literally ANYTHING while using this ability. Most Halo: Reach players see anybody using this power up as a bad-kid. My advice on how to avoid hate using armour lock? (Don't use it), and you will make the game fun, and more challenging.

Jet Pack

In my personal opinion this ruins the dynamics of a map. Instead of running the normal routes on a certain map, you can now take any path that you like and gain a huge "unfair", advantage in-game.

Sprint

Sprint is usually the power-up that people usually don't have a problem with. I rarely do, but in some cases it can be a pain. Let's say that I am shooting someone, that person is getting out DMRed and almost dead, but so am I. Then he manages to get behind cover and use sprint to run away so his teammate can come and clean me up. (Also, evade works the same way).

From now I can say that the only armour ability that I do not have a problem with is hologram. Doesn’t really affect most experienced players, only n00bs go for the holograms ;)

The ranking system

As we all know in previous Halos, the ranking up aspect of the game has always been different. In my opinion I think that in previous Halos the system has been much better. In Halo: Reach, ranks are mostly based on how much you play the game and how many challenges you can complete. So I could be in a lobby with a Commander, and an Inheritor. The commander could be an MLG pro with a 5.00k/d and the Inheritor could be negative, so what I’m trying to get at is that in Reach, you are not ranked according to skill level. In the previous Halos you could have a “50” in team slayer, and you would always be paired up with other randoms that would be playing to win. Now, correct me if I’m wrong, but when Halo 3 was at its prime, people that had 50’s 9 times out of 10 would be great. The odd exception would be a bought account. So it would be a much more challenging/fun game to play.

That pretty much sums up my main two negative points on this game.

Thanks for reading, I hope this proved usefull to some of you out there!

-MaGIIXz

• Like 3

Yeah. I think that you need to re-evaluate some of your opinions. Armor lock is not the "worst of the worst." Also, you cannot survive "literally everything." Your use of the word "noob" and "noobish" also needs some refining. The definition of a "noob" is someone who is inexperienced in a matter. I don't think using armour lock makes you inexperienced. It means you are taking advantage of what is offered to you in the game, and to be honest, I think you would be a "noob" not to do so.

Yeah. I think that you need to re-evaluate some of your opinions. Armor lock is not the "worst of the worst." Also, you cannot survive "literally everything." Your use of the word "noob" and "noobish" also needs some refining. The definition of a "noob" is someone who is inexperienced in a matter. I don't think using armour lock makes you inexperienced. It means you are taking advantage of what is offered to you in the game, and to be honest, I think you would be a "noob" not to do so.

I don't really think that you really understood what I was trying to get at with all the quotes and the brackets. I was trying to quote other people's opinions on the game. As per the quotes, what they are mainly trying to express are other people's common problems. Sorry for that IUKE.

-MaGIIXz

Fitst off, welcome to the forums.

The AL's pretty good, they offer a new aspect to the game, also, they all have their pros and cons, Armor Lock for example, you make it sound so overpowered, it runs out after a while, and then you can kill them easily.

Also, the ranking system isn't very good i agree, i would of preferred a number ranking system, but this isn't too bad, a bit like CoD, but, still, not bad, they just needed to be able to seperate the good and bad players, they tried to do that with arena, it didn't really work.

Fitst off, welcome to the forums.

The AL's pretty good, they offer a new aspect to the game, also, they all have their pros and cons, Armor Lock for example, you make it sound so overpowered, it runs out after a while, and then you can kill them easily.

Also, the ranking system isn't very good i agree, i would of preferred a number ranking system, but this isn't too bad, a bit like CoD, but, still, not bad, they just needed to be able to seperate the good and bad players, they tried to do that with arena, it didn't really work.

Thanks, I meant I only have a problem with armor lock by how it's used. If they are in the middle of nowhere then they armor lock, no problem. Only when they have team mates around to save them. I realize that that is actually very tactical, but it can sometimes be frusterating.

Thanks, MaGIIXz

I don't really think that you really understood what I was trying to get at with all the quotes and the brackets. I was trying to quote other people's opinions on the game. As per the quotes, what they are mainly trying to express are other people's common problems. Sorry for that IUKE.

-MaGIIXz

That's alright. I do get what you are saying, I just feel that Whenever anyone says anything negative, it can always be countered with something positive about it.

Also, welcome to the forums :D

The ranking system in Reach means nothing, I completely agree. It only represents how long you have played the game. It let down so many fans of the game down. The AA's introduced a component to the game so significantly altered play along with slower player movement, lessened jump height, notably increased bloom, completely different primary rifle and overall weapon mechanics on both it and the sniper were significantly changed. The lack of a complete ranked play list was not reflective of Halo. What it had in its place, Arena, was so despised by players, no change would ever work to correct it. The game was so far removed from the it's successful predecessors, many fans felt it was not Halo, called it a stand alone game.

The games success in sales most likely fell on pre sales and and the success of the previous titles with the fans. Not long after it's release the numbers dropped to almost what thy hover at today. This is the true sign of what Reach meant to the Halo fan base.

No argument about other games, adapting or living in the past can really explain why so many left the game.

• Like 1