No New Xbox Reveal at E3, Says Microsoft

There may be plenty of evidence floating around suggesting that development of the next Xbox is underway, but Microsoft are in no hurry to announce the console itself. Today they’ve moved to deny the rumours suggesting that the Xbox 360’s successor will be revealed at this year’s E3.

“While we appreciate all the interest in our long-range plans for the future, we can confirm that there will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon,” a Microsoft rep has stated.

“For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360-and it's the best year ever for Xbox 360. The console is coming off its biggest year ever-a year in which Xbox outsold all other consoles worldwide.

In fact, says the rep, “Xbox 360 didn't just outsell other consoles, it also outsold all other TV-connected devices like DVD players, as well as digital media receivers and home theatre systems.

“And in our seventh year, we sold more consoles than in any other year-defying convention.

“This year, we will build on that Xbox 360 momentum. With Halo 4, Forza Horizon, Fable: The Journey, and other great Kinect games on the way, our 2012 Xbox lineup is our strongest ever.

Microsoft also restated their commitment to the entertainment apps delivered by the platfor, saying, “This year, we will deliver more TV, music, and movie experiences for Xbox 360 - as we'll make it even easier to find and control your all entertainment.”

“And this year, Xbox games, music, and video are coming to Windows 8 so people can enjoy their Xbox entertainment wherever they go.”

So there you go, a robust denial. Not just a “we don’t comment on rumour or speculation,” but a lengthy statement of intent. A u-turn now would be embarrassing, right?

• Like 3

I'm actually pretty relieved. I just got my Xbox 360 around 3 weeks ago and one of the reasons I procrastinated so long was that I was worried about the next Xbox coming out soon and rendering my $300 wasted.

lol, if its gonna come out, its gonna come out late next year / early 2014, u got plenty of time dugs :D