PLEASE DONT PUT ARMOR ABILITIES IN HALO 4!!!!

Vitam1nJ

But they would still care about how it actually plays and the mechanics, not the incredible past of Halo and how CE evolved shaped the future of FPS, therefore automatically making it amazing.

I've come to the conclusion that you don't understand the basic mechanics of the halo gaming franchise (prior to reach). Apparently you think that Halo 3 and CE are wildly different somehow.

but that still doenst make the mechanics seem better to them though, because if they havn't played any of the originals they could not of compared.

Look, my point is, to someone who doesn't know about the past of Halo, reach would seem like a better game than Combat Evolved, and for good reasons, not just graphical ones.

Look, my point is, to someone who doesn't know about the past of Halo, reach would seem like a better game than Combat Evolved, and for good reasons, not just graphical ones.

I still disagree with you, but this is something that isn't easily proved either way.

how would you know? have you conducted cruel experiments on people, like capturing 50 children and forcing them to play reach and then CE and then asking them which one is better? Im pretty sure you havn't but i could be wrong.

how would you know? have you conducted cruel experiments on people, like capturing 50 children and forcing them to play reach and then CE and then asking them which one is better? Im pretty sure you havn't but i could be wrong.

*pulls collar in a guilty fashion.*

And yes, I didn't play Halo before 3. I have played some CE, and from playing it, I much prefer everything about reach. And I think someone new to Halo would feel the same. Reach is newer, has more "Stuff," is more fun, and more.

But that is just my opinion. Can we please agree to disagree.

You know what's skillful? Using everything that the game offers effectively and better than your opponent. Using all of the mechanics, weapons, items, etc. that the game provides to both out think and out play your opponent. That takes more skill than limiting yourself to just one or two weapons, a frag grenade, and taking out one of the major features provided to you in the game.

So you're saying that turning invisible whenever you want and armor-lock is skillful? Got to be joking.

• Like 1

It didn't ruin Halo. When you played Halo Reach, how on earth can it feel like you were not playing halo. Look at the box. It is halo. Just you have your head too far in the past - of pretty bad halos compared to reach, to see it properly. Armor abilities are great. They allow you to play more tactically and thoughtfully, as well as adding a fun element to the game.

With this kind of attitude you are much better off at the waypoint forums.

Anyway, welcome to the forums anyway.

Well I can't really fully agree with you here. The armor abilities where a addition to the game but in fact it didn't allow you to play more tactically it allowed you to play more recklessly since you can use armor lock to survive a blast from a rocket or a sticky grenade, You can sprint away from people after engaging them in battle, You can use active camo to camp in areas after taking a substantial amount of damage, you can use a jet pack to kill people below you and avoid explosive fire. So what i'm getting at is that you are able to rely on your armor abilities which allows you to play more reckless but in the past halo the armor abilities where non exsistant and you had to choose your battles do some tactics like a military style warfare (Guriella style warfare) Which is gunning and running, That made halo the game we know and loved. I know armor abilities didn't entirely ruin Halo: Reach, It was a combination of the fall damage, bloom, exploits (Hit box exploits and lack of security for hackers) and the worst of all the lack of forge items that where natural and mechcanical. Armor abilities where just another factor but when it comes to halo 4 I'm for one am against armor abilities if they put it in multiplayer all together but... If they make a seperate playlist to appeal to both sides then that is wonderful to. Lastly armor abilities wouldn't make sense for the story line of master cheif (If he has armor abilities) seeing that in halo 1, 2, and 3 there were no armor abilities but if all of a sudden master cheif being frozen in a cryogenic slummber awakens with armor abilities that right there would be ridiculious in my aspect.

So you're saying that turning invisible whenever you want and armor-lock is skillful? Got to be joking.

Not the simple press of the button, but using those abilities to outsmart and outplay your opponent, yes actually. It's not that hard to counter armour lock, nor is it difficult to find out where someone using active-camo is. Like I said, using them to outplay and outsmart your opponent does take skill. How much skill is debatable, however.

In my opinion Skill is killing your opponent with 4 BR shots, Getting head shots with a sniper, Using your grenades effectively, Using the map to your advantage, learning tactics (weapon spawn times, spawn locations ETC..)

Skill is not Jet packing to get top map control, its not Armour locking when you've been stuck, its not camping with active camo....

Well atleast from my experience playing halo since the launch of CE, I can imagine that someone that hasn't played halo before and starts playing reach may find it entertaining, but for me its just not halo, I feel it doesn't have the competitiveness of <halo 3.

• Like 1

Okay, really? I dont even see why people are complaining about armor abilities. What if 343 decides to have, oh i dont know, a CLASSIC playlist that has all the same gametypes as the other playlist only classic doesnt use armor abilities? Would this be such a big deal then? would anyone still complain if they were separate playlists? why rob the game of armor abilities and take an element of FUN out of a game for those who like them just because some people complained about them? Thats not fair to those who enjoy AA's at all.

Hopefully 343 does make a Classic and Regular Playlist. that way everyone can be happy.

^ Totally agree with you mystic. Armor lock is easily counterable by just reloading and waiting at a considerable distance, then finish them off as the try to run. As for active camoflauge, you just look at your radar, and find the center of the scattered blips. Then you look for a slight distortion in the map, and fire. They never expect this, so it's a pretty easy kill.

^ Totally agree with you mystic. Armor lock is easily counterable by just reloading and waiting at a considerable distance, then finish them off as the try to run. As for active camoflauge, you just look at your radar, and find the center of the scattered blips. Then you look for a slight distortion in the map, and fire. They never expect this, so it's a pretty easy kill.

Double kill, TRIPLE KILL, reload and wait at a considerable distance, then finish them off.

I think active camoers do expect you to look for them and should always get the jump on someone. There is no counter to a player using active camo across the map with snipe. Except for feeding them as quick as possible so they run out of ammo.

Halo isn't dying slowly. The community is thriving. I never said everyone loves AAs. I don't love them, however I don't think that including them has ruined Halo Reach, and destroyed Halo forever.

When just as many people are playing Halo 3 as there are playing Reach there is obviously a problem. I don't think Halo is slowly dying, but if they make something more similar to Reach than Halo 3 then I think it will begin to die.