Halo 4 Fall Damage or No fall Damage

General PWNFACE

Fall Damage or No Fall Damage  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be Fall Damage or not in Halo 4?

The fall damage on Halo 3 barely even counts as fall damage. You had to fall from a very long ways to even get damaged, let alone have it kill you. And that was more from the speed you were going than the actual fall itself. .-.

yep, the director's right. I didn't quite remember so I just went to check it out on Halo 3.

How about we all meet half way?

Falls only damage shield, not health. So while you will die from falling off a cliff (off the map) you wont die by jumping out of a falcon, instead, your shields will take the force of your landing.

i agree, because in the last level of reach, emile and 6 jump out of the pelican, and their shields take all of the damage (i know emile is invincible anyway but still).

The fall damage on Halo 3 barely even counts as fall damage. You had to fall from a very long ways to even get damaged, let alone have it kill you. And that was more from the speed you were going than the actual fall itself. .-.

Nonetheless, it was there.

:P

when do spartans ever take off the armor, i've never seen or heard of it, thats why im saying that the spartan II's are fused to the armor, well its more like their spine is, how else do you think that stuff moves,

we are not sure the the power or strength yet on the spartan IV's so we really cant argue that, guess we will have to wait and see, all i know is those spartans like you said are faster and lighter, those to go together yes, but who knows what Halsey has come up with, maybe they are stronger too, just saying, i know that they are stronger that III's thats something we can all agree with here, 0

and im sorry for not see ing almost in the first comment

Reading the books let me know that they removed the armor. The armor is in synch with their neural implants letting them move the suit with only thoughts.

Now, I can't say they are weaker or stronger than Spartan III's because their armor specs are unknown, so I'll have to wait with you on that.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope fall damage is dumbed down a ton. There are no ridiculous high buildings in Halo 4 MM maps to jump off of. Dying from fall damage took me out of being a Spartan in Reach. Aerial battles that end in bailing also are unsatisfying as you splat on the ground and the wreckage falls on your retarded corpse, how about falling and surviving then dodging the wreckage..... I don't know it just seems more exciting that way in a game where we have aliens and super futuristic armor.

I hope fall damage is dumbed down a ton. There are no ridiculous high buildings in Halo 4 MM maps to jump off of. Dying from fall damage took me out of being a Spartan in Reach. Aerial battles that end in bailing also are unsatisfying as you splat on the ground and the wreckage falls on your retarded corpse, how about falling and surviving then dodging the wreckage..... I don't know it just seems more exciting that way in a game where we have aliens and super futuristic armor.

Well I don't think dumbing it down is necessary, if you think about it falling from 20-30 feet and surviving is a feat, I mean normal humans can't even get close to surviving that kind of fall, so it makes sense.

Fall height damage sucks. It takes an element of fun out of the game. for example, perhaps you want to try your luck at a mid-air hijack againt a banshee or other aircraft. if you miss, you die. Wheres the fun in that? at least make it optional for custom games if your gonna include it. it was also annoying when you went up a lift and then took damage when you landed. Have you any idea how tedious it is to get the man cannons at the right angle in forge to prevent a player taking damage? Very. and even then, if it works in forge, you'll try it in a custom game later and you'll take damage again, it is incredibaly frustrating for forgers so no: it should not be included. besides,

'gel layer could have taken most of the impact'

Marine: Halo 3

Really?

Then what the hell was injuring me when I hit the ground all those times..

Halo 3 has no fall height damage

Fall height damage sucks. It takes an element of fun out of the game. for example, perhaps you want to try your luck at a mid-air hijack againt a banshee or other aircraft. if you miss, you die. Wheres the fun in that? at least make it optional for custom games if your gonna include it. it was also annoying when you went up a lift and then took damage when you landed. Have you any idea how tedious it is to get the man cannons at the right angle in forge to prevent a player taking damage? Very. and even then, if it works in forge, you'll try it in a custom game later and you'll take damage again, it is incredibaly frustrating for forgers so no: it should not be included. besides,

'gel layer could have taken most of the impact'

Marine: Halo 3

Halo 3 has no fall height damage

Again, what the hell was injuring me all those times?

Lol..

Like I said before, you need to think realistic. If someone falls off duing a skyjack then they need to die, it's called risk vs. reward. If you go for a skyjack there needs to be something that keeps you from doing it constantly otherwise noobs will all be jumping you, with no hesitation which would actually make the game worse. Even with a stun, it isn't a big enough deterrent to keep people from attempting the jump constantly. Imagine people constantly skyjacking you, just because fall damage doesn't exist.

I say Fall damage needs to stay where it's at.

Like I said before, you need to think realistic. If someone falls off duing a skyjack then they need to die, it's called risk vs. reward. If you go for a skyjack there needs to be something that keeps you from doing it constantly otherwise noobs will all be jumping you, with no hesitation which would actually make the game worse. Even with a stun, it isn't a big enough deterrent to keep people from attempting the jump constantly. Imagine people constantly skyjacking you, just because fall damage doesn't exist.

I say Fall damage needs to stay where it's at.

Halo 3 was fun for the ridiculous fact there was no fall damage, well that and other reasons, as i said, gel layer could have taken most of the impact. cheif survives that massise freefall at the beginning of Halo 3. If you need proof they can survive massive fall height, then there it is

I think there should be a couple of second stun and not damage

This I agree with. No damage, a little reaction though.

Halo 3 was fun for the ridiculous fact there was no fall damage, well that and other reasons, as i said, gel layer could have taken most of the impact. cheif survives that massise freefall at the beginning of Halo 3. If you need proof they can survive massive fall height, then there it is

This I agree with. No damage, a little reaction though.

He actually fell from within the atmosphere at a relevtivly low altitude. Also try to remember, the Spartan IV's are not like chief, they don't have ridiculous augmentations that make their bones and muscles and stuff stronger. Just faster.