Choot 'em's first map "Unabridged"

Choot 'em

Well I finally created my very first forge map! It's not complete yet as far as spawns, weapons, kill zones, etc. but structurally it's finished! I really enjoyed forging once I understood the controls and forge pieces and how they react to certain commands. I would like to personally thank Absolute Dog for all of the advice given and patience with me! thumbsup.gif I named it "Unabridged" because of the included bridges. It was either that or "Bridge over troubled waters" lmao!! Hope you enjoy!

I will update as soon as I get everything added. Thanks again AD for the advice and tips!! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

welcome to the addicting world of forge. My only advice is create maps to enjoy playing new maps don't do it for downloads. Too many forgers get sucked into rating the quality of a map by downloads alone. Remember forging is art and art is subjective. Dog is a great person to learn from but if you ever need another source feel free to ask.

• Like 2

welcome to the addicting world of forge. My only advice is create maps to enjoy playing new maps don't do it for downloads. Remember forging is art and art is subjective. Dog is a great person to learn from but if you ever need another source feel free to ask.

Thanks for the advice Spades! I have no intentions of forging for "downloads" as you put it. I have always admired those that could create a map with forge. I never had the desire to forge but was inspired after playing on the contest maps. I don't expect the map to play that well, after all, it's my first attempt but it should be decent. I added a few "surprise" touches to the map. I've always been open to criticism and look forward learning more. Glad to know others are willing to offer their input as well. Thanks Spades!! :thumbsup:

Map update! Still needs work but close to being playable!

• added color to forge pieces
  • initial spawns and respawns
  • UNSC weapons with appropriate clip count & number available
  • tested with AA's to determine kill zones

• Like 1

*Playable Update*

"Unabridged"

Description:

Unabridged is a small to medium map spanning the locations of Alaska, Canyon, and Montana areas of Forge World. Set up to support all Slayer gametypes. Only UNSC weapons available. Possibly CTF and Assault.

Red Base located in Montana. Blue Base at Alaska. Both bases feature a stationary Gauss Turret and Sniper Tower with an entrance to both bridges.

Main bridge - spans across Canyon from Alaska to Montana. Two lane with divider and cover throughout. Grenade launcher located behind cover at each end along with health stations. DMR, Magnum, and AR spawns over bridge.

Secondary bridge spanning across Canyon with shotgun, magnum, and AR spawns. Ramp and platform leads to man cannon and Rocket Launcher.

My favorite is the advertisement of 343i.org at the initial loadout screen.

:thumbsup:

Located in my fileshare to be downloaded here: http://www.bungie.ne...r=Master_Kensei

As always, any and all input, positive or negative will be appreciated. Please take into consideration that this is my first attempt at a Forge World map. Hope you enjoy!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Down loaded and will be playing it ASAP! You have no idea how happy I am to see you in the forge ranks with a completed map.

Thanks AD!! Feels kinda good to finally complete it. It is addicting like you all say!! I know it may need some work but I'm proud of it and hope it is as enjoyable to play as it was to create. I can't thank you enough for the lessons AD, but thanks again!! Now....if we can just get Jester to post one! *HINT,HINT,COUGH,COUGH* :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Nice Map! I would love to play it but bungie.net is wack. Good Work. Keep It UP! :clap:

I had completely forgotten about this map, lol! I'm not real sure if it is up at Halowaypoint but if you would like to play it, click the above link then sign in to Bungie.net and click "copy to fileshare". It should be downloaded once you sign into Reach.

Thanks for the interest D4RK R3V3AL! :thumbsup:

Welcome to forge, mate! I myself am a very experienced forger, being part of the review team over at Blueprint. Anyway, i'm always glad to see people trying out forge for themselves, and if you're interestind in improving your skills, here are a few tips: 1) your first map will amost always be terrible, it's part of the learning experience.

2) Don't be afraid to ask for help! Some very reliable and knowledgeable people that I personally know (well, over Live at least) are Haunted Army, Blaq Cloud, Stubborn Clam, Kbo00, NOKYARD, OTT2OWN, and basically anyone who's made their maps into Matchmaking.

3) There are plenty of great forging communities, but the best are Blueprint, ForgeHub, Xforgery, and sometimes waypoint. MLG and BTB.net are niche communities but have great resources

4) Get into test lobbies from these communities, you'll get ideas for your own maps, learn techniques, jargon, feedback, and get to know some great people

Good luck with your forging endevours,. Also, a heads up, the forge communities are in a bit of a lull now, seeing at how we're about to end support for Reach and transitioning to Halo 4.