Should Halo 4 have Duel Wielding?

Bubonic Blood

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Halo 4 have Duel Wielding?

• Yes
    • No

Yes, it has. If you need to have this explained in further detail, maybe given proof, ask Twinreaper.

It has but in the same sentence, it hasn't. True, in every halo title, the faster you pull the trigger and less you pace yourself, the more the bullets spread out across your reticule, but because the reticule did not virtually expand, players wouldn't care to pace themselves and would reply more on luck than skill. But it has a good and a bad effect. If you have weapons that are incredibly accurate, like the DMR, the game to me, isn't as fun as playing with the BR, considering people can make really accurate shots across maps unlike the BR. Nice that you brought that up though.

It has but in the same sentence, it hasn't. True, in every halo title, the faster you pull the trigger and less you pace yourself, the more the bullets spread out across your reticule, but because the reticule did not virtually expand, players wouldn't care to pace themselves and would reply more on luck than skill. But it has a good and a bad effect. If you have weapons that are incredibly accurate, like the DMR, the game to me, isn't as fun as playing with the BR, considering people can make really accurate shots across maps unlike the BR. Nice that you brought that up though.

They can only make accurate shots, however, when they properly time their shots. If they spam their shots, they're going to miss if they spam across the map/at long ranges. Previous titles had a different version of bloom than the one in Reach, at least from what Twinreaper has said. So as I said, it has been in every game. The expanding reticule is a good thing in my eyes. It gives players the ability to see how inaccurate their shots are becoming because of bloom, and they can now properly time them better because of the expanding and resetting of the reticule.

They can only make accurate shots, however, when they properly time their shots. If they spam their shots, they're going to miss if they spam across the map/at long ranges. Previous titles had a different version of bloom than the one in Reach, at least from what Twinreaper has said. So as I said, it has been in every game. The expanding reticule is a good thing in my eyes. It gives players the ability to see how inaccurate their shots are becoming because of bloom, and they can now properly time them better because of the expanding and resetting of the reticule.

I do agree with all that. But for me, the DMR is over powering in the sense of doing more than what it should. I usually get headshots with the DMR from across hemorrhage that the BR couldn't. So in my eyes, that is something that a sniper rifle is made for. I've always like the idea that the BR was meant for medium to long range, but not sniper rifle lengths. It for me, encouraged players to run and get their own kills instead of camping in the back of the map and assisting players by getting headshots on the wounded. I do think Bloom would work better with a DMR and a BR if the DMR wasn't accurate enough to get headshots from across the map and the BR stayed the way it was or was atleast nerfed so that each of the 3 bullets from each BR burst wasn't nearly as strong.

Except that bloom has been in every single Halo title, so it wouldn't just be something to "stay on Reach". If they had bloom, and quickly growing bloom on dual-wielding when you fired too often too quickly, then it might discourage people from just firing away with no worry. There needs to be something to balance out having two guns firing at once. How would having bloom on dual-wielding weapons encourage camping? I'm guessing you mean one SHOT, not...y'know... In that case, one shot with what? What weapons would be one shot because of bloom?

yeah i see your point but still don't see why people would want bloom in a dual weapon, Duals are good for close range and if that happens we'll be exactly at the point where we are now with kids sitting back and shooting people across map using the blook weather its a DMR or Dual. Totally agree with Bubonic Blood and the BR used for medium to long range instead of people using the DMR like a sniper sitting across map getting ppl down to one1 shot easily or finishing off other ppls kills. miss the days wen you could get away with sniping ppl and smashing people around maps and not being shot every second by a stupid DMR across map. if anything nowadays you have ppl using the DMR to kill ppl from far with not much skill needed. Yes being accurate is key but how hard is it to do that weather u good or bad at Halo? especially with the DMR

• Like 1

Halo 4 should have dual wielding but it needs to be right. There were so many duel weapons there were ridiculously OP. But if Halo didn't have duel weapons then it wouldn't be Halo.

In halo 2 if you dual wielded an SMG and a plasma rifle then you would be able to destroy people fairly easily. HOWEVER, The BR was so amazing in halo 2 that is balanced it out. Having everything slightly overpowered (rockets, snipers, BR, dual wielded weapons, sword, shotgun, etc) makes the game balanced and exciting! Unlike reach where everything sucks (like the DMR) And takes FOREVER to kill someone.

• Like 1

Dual-Wielding should come back.. It gave you a chance to try something new in Matchmaking, and was flat-out Awesome!

And how could it not make sense? Your're a Spartan II Super-Solider. Being able to dual-wield guns should be pretty easy for Spartan..

That's why its called Halo, and not Call of Duty.. It wouldn't make sense in other games, but in Halo it does.

• Like 1

Dual-Wielding should come back.. It gave you a chance to try something new in Matchmaking, and was flat-out Awesome!

And how could it not make sense? Your're a Spartan II Super-Solider. Being able to dual-wield guns should be pretty easy for Spartan..

That's why its called Halo, and not Call of Duty.. It wouldn't make sense in other games, but in Halo it does.

Agreed. Duel wielding was such a success. To think that we should take pointers from Reach would be ridiculous XD Unlike Spartan III's, Spartan II's can handle 2 guns at the same time. It only makes sense! XD

• Like 2

At first I missed the dual-wield capabilities but could you imagine the dual needler(porcupine) on reach. no thanks. If they did bring back the ability to dual wield then there has got to be some major acts of balance carried out.

Well if you have played Halo 2 (Which duel wielding was first shown), you'd see that duel needlers was only as strong as one needler from halo 3. It was pretty balanced.

• Like 1

Well if you have played Halo 2 (Which duel wielding was first shown), you'd see that duel needlers was only as strong as one needler from halo 3. It was pretty balanced.

i played and loved Halo2. Still my favorite. That's what i miss about it. Shoot one needler then a few seconds after that start shooting the other. Then by the time the first one is reloaded and firing again your second one is being reloaded

• Like 1

Dual weilding kinda hindered the guns that were able to be dual weilded. None of the weapons that could be dual weilded that come to mind were even good enough to pick up by themselves, they HAD to be dual weilded to be effective. The exception being the plasma pistol, of course, and the plasma rifle to an extent.

You should put up an option for the poll like "only if it's different from what we've seen before" cuz i'd teh votez

• 2 weeks later...

Halo 4 should have duel wielding, because the mark 6 armor was updated with the capabilities to track

the status of 2 weapons at once. also need duel needlers.

I'm fine with dual wielding I want it in Halo 4 but the needler is wayy too powerful to go back to dual wielding it.

There should be dual wielding in halo 4. I've been playing Halo 3 since 2007 until today. Its still great, people still play it everyday and yet some people like myself traded in reach. It was too different in some ways, halo 3 has always been amazing with multiplayer. If Halo 4 doesn't have dual wielding im going to be angry but ill just live with it because no matter what Halo 4 does look amazing.