The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

Capable of carrying dual wields as a secondary while using a primary.

I hate to disappoint you, but dual-wielding isn't going to be in Halo 4. They couldn't properly balance it with the mechanics and systems they're using, and so rather than try to and possibly fail they decided to just get rid of it. I'm personally not bothered by this as I never cared for dual-wielding, but I thought I'd just tell you and everyone else who doesn't yet know this.

Ultimately I'd like to see a competitive ranking system and of course the intense fun factor that the previous titles delivered (Reach excluded). I remain optimistic that 343 will deliver an amazing game to please every crowd.

Would be nice, but boosting is a bad problem with those. My ranking idea above, you could farm and crap for your SP if you found a way, but boosting in a playlist will only get you raped by good players if you do boost, since the individual playlist rankings don't count for your overall rank. It's an OK idea that I spent a couple of hours working out. Could be something better, we just don't know it yet. My idea is just an idea and 343 probably have some nice thing in store for us.

I want to start off by saying, DO NOT COPY CALL OF DUTY AND ADD IN PERKS/WEAPON SKINS/CHANGEABLE CLASSES. THAT WILL SUCK!

Here are some of the best new competetive playlist ideas I could think of. These ideas ARE comming from a competetive player and these ARE main playlist titles such as Team Slayer, Team Objective, Team Swat, Team Snipers, etc. And inside these playlist can be the different styles of the playlist such as gametype and map. These suggestions DO go in order of what I think are best.

Competetive

• 1v1 Playlist
  • MLG FFA
  • MLG playlist (Not new I know, but very important and it wasn't in the start of Halo: Reach)
  • Instant Respawn Octagon Playlist with one person lobbies to avoid teaming
  • Sniper/BR playlist
  • 3v3 playlist (not multy team)
  • MLG 3 Team 3v3's
  • Something with it's own inner ranking system like The Arena

Here are some suggestions for these new competetive maps.

• 1v1 - Medium sized - small map, we do not want a huge map and have to run around to find eachother. Also something that if you are good enough to know your spawns which is something that really brings an edge in competetive gaming, something that you can spawn trap someone on just as how you can spawn trap someone on Sanctuary.
  • MLG FFA - Medium to Large sized maps. By large, I do not mean an empty void of space like Hemmorage, 90% of competetive players HATE that map! But do not cram us into one tiny area. We like to have a 1v1 run in while we are playing where there is not a chance for our kill to be stolen sometimes.
  • MLG - Now this one is argueable, but from my point of view, NON symetrical maps are the way to go. An area that the two teams battle to control. But if all else fails another area of the map will hold an almost great of a spot. These areas need more than one way of being entered so that a team can not camp one entrance.
  • Octagon - Small to Large Octagons that players can vote on.
  • Snipers/BR - Small to Large maps. If you could find it in your hearts, please when making a large map do not base an idea off of Hemmorage.. If it even looks like Hemmorage it's a bad idea.
  • 3v3 Playlist - Medium sized maps. Something Medium sized to me is Asylum, Zealot, or Halo 3 Gaurdian (which should be remade).
  • MLG 3 Team 3v3 - Small to Large. So any size will do. Why a small map for 9 people you ask? Well because it would be a real test of skill with constant firing going on, just make sure to include some tactical cover and not to many advantage points in thise playlist.

Now for the last part of this post and of my ideas, are maps I will be rating with a favorite, like, ok, or dislike and why. This will end this post because my mind is simply not creative enough to think of any new guns.

Hemmorage - DISLIKE :thumbdown: because of the empty middle

Gaurdian - LIKE :laughing: all points of the map are important to hold in order to win

Halo 3's The Pit - LIKE :laughing: symetrical, good weapons, and good map

Zealot - LIKE :laughing: symetrical, weapon placement, and nice color ;)

Sanctuary/Asylum - FAVORITE :unworthy:symetrical and weapon placement. Also because of the many points that CAN be an advantage IF you know what you are doing.

Boardwalk - OK Good map, bad weapon placement

Countdown - LIKE :laughing:Good weapon placement, and an ok map, but in my opinion I think the map was given just a few to many twist and turns. But in a plus, this map offers a lot of 1 on 1 battle.

Powerhouse - DISLIKE :thumbdown: bad map, bad weapons, bad weapon placement. (was a little better when there was sniper instead of that alien beam "thing".. durring it's time when Arena was the MLG

Reflection - OK Good map but top balcony was too much of an advantage point and fighting in narrow hallways where a grenade placed anywhere can kill you, is bad..

Swordbase - OK Good map, but sword made it worse because when you have it, green lift camping made it impossible to invade a team holding break room fairly.

UnCaged - FAVORITE :unworthy: Great map, great weapon placement, grenade launcher was the balancing weapon between sniper and rockets which is also one of my favorite guns to use on that map.

Pinnacle - FAVORITE :unworthy: Great map, weapon placement such as giving whoever spawns at small tower rockets AND a sniper would be bad, but was amazingly counteracted by giving the other team their own sniper and a much better hiding spot, Big tower..

:thumbsup: I hope someone that can do something with these ideas actually reads this, and I hope I have impacted the Halo 4 competetive gameplay.

MAY HALO LIVE FOREVER

What do i want?

1- First, please get RID of load outs, PLEASE, load outs in halo? are you kidding me 343? It is way more fun having to fight for the power-ups, rather than spawning with them, takes WAY more skill having to actually go get camo or an OS, rather than already spawning with them, it's also way more fun.

2- Fast kill times, no, not fast like COD, but fast enough to keep the game fast paced and interesting, like Halo ce/2/3.

3- DO NOT BRING ANYTHING FROM REACH BACK TO HALO 4!!! Halo reach wasn't the successor to halo 3, so it was made completely different, so please, if you're going to make a halo 3 sequel, make it like halo 3, but make it different enough to keep it interesting, but just don't drift away from the core to much

4- No bloom, on ANY weapon. Makes kills way to random, making the game less fun.

5- TRUE skill Ranking system, give something to achieve in multiplayer, no points system like COD, please.

6- Social and ranked playlist.

Overall, i just want Halo 4 to remain in the core of what makes a Halo game fun, Look at Halo CE, 2 and 3, and look what made those games fun in multiplayer, THAT'S what i want in halo 4, i want it to feel like Halo, and not a different game that you just slapped the name "halo" on the cover to get more sales.

• Like 1

2- Fast kill times, no, not fast like COD, but fast enough to keep the game fast paced and interesting, like Halo ce/2/3.

i honestly thing faster kill time would be horrible, thats what i like about halo is the kill time.. if u start getting shot at, unlike in cod u have time to turn around and possibly out dmr someone. Faster kill times would mess up the entire game and turn it into camping like COD

Edited by Po10tialThreaT

What do i want?

1- First, please get RID of load outs, PLEASE, load outs in halo? are you kidding me 343? It is way more fun having to fight for the power-ups, rather than spawning with them, takes WAY more skill having to actually go get camo or an OS, rather than already spawning with them, it's also way more fun.

3- DO NOT BRING ANYTHING FROM REACH BACK TO HALO 4!!! Halo reach wasn't the successor to halo 3, so it was made completely different, so please, if you're going to make a halo 3 sequel, make it like halo 3, but make it different enough to keep it interesting, but just don't drift away from the core to much

4- No bloom, on ANY weapon. Makes kills way to random, making the game less fun.

5- TRUE skill Ranking system, give something to achieve in multiplayer, no points system like COD, please.

6- Social and ranked playlist.

Overall, i just want Halo 4 to remain in the core of what makes a Halo game fun, Look at Halo CE, 2 and 3, and look what made those games fun in multiplayer, THAT'S what i want in halo 4, i want it to feel like Halo, and not a different game that you just slapped the name "halo" on the cover to get more sales.

sounds like someone needs a time machine because theres a game like this its called halo 1 2 and 3. the game needs to change it was dyring 343 is just breathing life into it while still keeping it halo.

Want I really want out of Halo 4 is to be blown away by the Spartan control plot. I've always wanted to see controlling your spartan as a chance to do something creative with your approach on how you tackle a battle scene. Being able to jet pack out of a grenade or rocket scenario was very cool for Halo: Reach so I really wonder what the next great power for Halo 4 will be. I want it to be me in that suit, doing those actions. Just in your face, heart pounding, only one more kill moments. Really making it feel like reality. Just like reading a good Halo book, my favorite Halo: The Cole Protocol.

sounds like someone needs a time machine because theres a game like this its called halo 1 2 and 3. the game needs to change it was dyring 343 is just breathing life into it while still keeping it halo.

Someone needs to fix their time machine, do you remember halo ce? well that game was so good, people got together just to play some split screen multiplayer, it was A LOT of fun.

Do you remember Halo 2? It was amazing!! I cant really tell you how much fun it was, because it cannot be put into words.

Do you remember Halo 3? While it was not as good as Halo 2 and CE, It was still pretty amazing, and for a long time it was the most played online game on XBOX LIVE.

But then, change came, with Halo Reach, and it proved to be a little bit to drastic, it drifted away to much from the core halo gameplay that we all love, thus putting the whole franchise on it's death bed. Sad but true.

I don't fear change, i just fear, that halo stops being what it once was, a great game, that everybody loved, and i hope 343, takes the game back to it's core, obviously, adding new features, but not drastic like in halo reach.

But then, change came, with Halo Reach, and it proved to be a little bit to drastic, it drifted away to much from the core halo gameplay that we all love, thus putting the whole franchise on it's death bed. Sad but true.

Incorrect. Y'all can't assume something and make it out to be fact. True and loyal Fans can respect and understand the changes and love the game for what it is.

I want Halo 4 to be everything great from halo 2 and 3

F***! REACH! PLEASE READ

HALO 4 STANDARDS:

BR not DMR, smg dual wielding(at least in some game modes)

Nothing from reach :realmad:

Clean And SIMPLE forge mode, unlimited budget! ,and for all maps have the same forge options

Custom games to be extremely custom! you know like the ability to make ghost busters and even more pwnage infection games!

SOCIAL SLAYER!!!!! AND Invasion .....not bro slayer and team slayer

halo 3 experience!

an actual active camo that doesn't go away if your not camping!!

maps like : the pit, rat's nest, and foundry, but all equal in forge

here is one i think would be great! the removal of " Return To The Battlefield" , i mean i get it with the jet pack ..., but to put it on top of buildings? thats stupid and definitly not HALO!

We should be able to run and jump all over the maps without restrictions!

And PLEASE REMOVE the "BANNED FOR BETRAYAL" :banned: it is so annoying not being able to play my 60 $ game just for betraying multiple times!!! NOTE: DONT REMOVE BETRAYAL its a halo thing :crazy:

I didn't read the previous posts but...

- A FAIR ranking system.

- multiple member theatre (like H3)

- Bring back the beam rifle

- if the armor ability "jetpack" is brought back, limit it to flight between 1-2 floors instead of the top of the map

- bleed through against the sword, if you beat them down they should receive damage as well.

- like h3, ranked and social playlists, for at least the major playlists

Just make it halo