The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

Halo 3's ranking system is by far the best way to rank players. I personally think that's going to be an essential aspect of Halo 4's multiplayer experience. I hate being close minded, but I'm just going to throw this out there, I will not play Halo 4 if the multiplayer/ranking system of it is even remotely similar to Halo: Reach. Reach is an insult to true Halo fans like myself.

You may not think my opinion means much, but I know the vast majority of competitive Halo players would agree. The true skill ranking system is the way to go. Competitive Halo players need a ranking system that gives them not only incentive to win, but to gain skill and progress as a player in order to progress in the ranks.

Halo: Reach was a disgrace to the Halo franchise. Please listen, this is my last plea! Heed my warning, I'm articulating and expressing the mutual feelings of thousands of Halo fans! Focus on what made Halo succesful with fans and kept them playing for hours and hours, for days on end. Forget about what made Halo: Reach successful in the "box office", because ultimatley happy Halo fans are the primary source of Halo's success!

Once again, I'm begging. The Halo community needs to be revitalized!!!

I am going to rent this game right when it comes out, and if I see there is a ranking system isn't back to true skill or something damn close, then I will NOT buy it or play it ever again. Also if it's to noob friendly(takes away the competitive edge) with things like armor abilities and sprint. I don't want another call of duty. Success relies on going back to the basics.

1. Multiplayer

I'd like to see incentive for winning. In Reach it did seem to make a difference if you win or lose.

Something to make the higher rankings seem less tedious. Maybe like smaller rewards 1/2 or 1/4 through. Or a mix between skill and playtime rankings.

Maybe like buttons or switches inside some maps for like doors and elevators or stuff. I think it would open the possibilities in forge a lot also.

New weapons and vehicles.

2. Forge

More pieces. More landscapes. Trees!

More customizable gametypes.

Change piece color and perhaps to change the quality of pieces for more of them.

3. Custom games

I've been comparing to Reach and I think there needs to be a lobby or something that finds and joins you to any open custom game. I want it to be easy to get in a custom game if none of your friends are in one and for it to be easy to get players to test a map or gametype you made.

I love Halo. I will most likely pre-order Halo 4. Maybe even the limited edition.

I want a spaceships fight level. One person will drive the spaceship while others will control turrets or try to board the other ship using banshees or something like them. It'd probably too laggy to work, but I can dream.

Yes that would be awwsome where is a lot smaller than the Pillar of Autumn but is flyable by the players. Just think of a epic battle like that where we have to destroy others ship. Bascily like battleship but in the air. :thumbsup:
  • Like 2

I am going to rent this game right when it comes out, and if I see there is a ranking system isn't back to true skill or something damn close, then I will NOT buy it or play it ever again. Also if it's to noob friendly(takes away the competitive edge) with things like armor abilities and sprint. I don't want another call of duty. Success relies on going back to the basics.

Thanks for this comment! I would really like it to!
  • Like 1

I have been a Halo fan since the beginning. i hated xbox when it first came out i thought it was garbage compared to playstation. then one day a friend brought his xbox and copy of Halo with him over. i played that game from the time i picked up the controller till the last pleading minute with him to leave it for a day or two so i could keep going with minimal sleep and maximum fun. i had to have an xbox and (more importantly) Halo after that. the last few Halo games have all had the good and the bad. there is no way to make everyone happy and i see that but i find the most frustrating for me and everyone i have talked to about all of the ones after CE has been ammo. if nothing else if you don't take any of the advice from this thread please listen to me on this. please give me my Halo CE ammo back! i'm begging you! i'm pleading with tears in my eyes hope in my heart, and a controller in my other hand playing Halo CE Anniversary with the infinite ammo skull on pwning elites on legendary with a vegeance! lol seriously though please give me back the ammo that has been lost in the last 10 years without taking away my accuracy. and i want the battle rifle to still have decent damage like in Halo 2 and Halo 3 but now with 432 rounds of ammo in backup for it cuz i am an ammo hog i love buckets and buckets of bullets so i can carry around my favorite weapon for as long as i want. i don't think it will ruin the difficulty of the game but everyone has their favorite gun but they can't keep it on them cuz they can't find ammo for it. also i know i'm getting picky here and this is the least of my worries it's just that last thing on the wish list you want but don't expect to get but i want the pistol from ODST but with the power and ammo capacity (if not a smidgin more capacity) of Halo CE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE ME AMMO 343 I AM BEGGING YOU WITH ALL THE BEGGING I CAN DO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll bring you guys doritos. lots and lots of doritos. every kind of doritos. and if some of the people on your team don't like doritos welll uhhhh... well those dudes are why i don't have ammo! you non dorito loving ********! .... ammo

:2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns:

Well I've been kind of slacking in keeping myself up to date in the Halo realm, but are they planning to bring back the jet pack, sprint, etc? I never liked that at all in Reach. Logically, it shouldn't have even been possible to include... Isn't Reach a prequel to Halo: CE? If so, how were new concepts created in a game from the past? If that can be justified, why weren't the same features available in Halo's 2, 3, and ODST? Not too concerned about it, just always wondered how that worked.

343i and Halo community,

Hear out my plea (similar to the many other posts). PLEASE INCORPORATE A LEGITIMATE RANKING SYSTEM!!! However you decide to go about doing it, WINNING must hold the most weight, then K/D spread, assists, objective points (i.e. planting bomb, killing flag carrier, time logged into the hill in KotH, oddball carry seconds, etc).

Currently, reach is busted. If you don't believe me, play a few games in the 'multi-team' playlist, and see how many people don't go for the objective to win, unless it is slayer. Watch how most sit back and just kill the kids running to the objective. You want to know why? BECAUSE WINNING DOESN'T MATTER! Going 45 and 4 is alot more fun than trying to win a game that has no meaning. In H3 and H2, I used to bust my ass to win a game. Now in reach, I sit back during objective matches and shoot to get kills, not to win.

The ranking system is what will define the legacy for H4. You must remember that a casual gamer is just that...a casual gamer. They are going to fade off no matter what. You need to find a way to get them hooked to come back for more. The only way to do that is to cater to the serious halo player because they will be the ones around if the 'casual gamers' move on. And I'm not talking about an arena playlist that is ranked. Go back and see the statistics bungie had on how that epicly failed. H2 was perfect, but again, everyone has moved on from Trueskill. I am PRAYING that you get it right.

Now that I covered the most important change, I would like to add in my opinion on a couple other topics (in no particular order):

1- I like the idea of reach's cR to buy armor customizations. But after about 3million cR, I have everything. There needs to be MUCH more. I currently have over 4million cR just piling up.

2- Multi-Team playlist MUST come back. It's all I play, and it is consistently in the top 5 most played playlist in terms of how many people are playing it at any given time. I loved when reach initially had 6 teams of 2 people. Then it changed to 4 teams of 3 people, which is still ok, but not as good. I think there should be both, incase you are just with 2 people, or if you have 3. But either way, there has to be at least one!

3- Headhsots need to do more damage to the shield. It will help seperate skill ten-fold. 4 shots to the foot/hand/leg/torso, and then 1 shot to the head should not be equal to 5 straight headshots (referring to the pistol and DMR). I know it's a shield, and it drains equally no matter where the blows land, but maybe 3 headshots drop a shield instead of 4? Increase the weight a headshot has compared to being hit anywhere else.

4- Circling back to ranks again (THE MOST IMPORTANT CHANGE THAT NEEDS TO BE MADE), I liked how in reach and H3 there were military ranks. I liked even more how reach went beyond military ranks, up to inheritor, which took much time and dedication to achieve. I would like to see that incorporated with the numbered ranking system I spoke of above. Maybe similar to H3 where each playlist had its numbered rank, but then there were a few social playlists. That would be cool for H4, but only have a couple social playlists that can add to your military rank, but your military rank won't rise unless you achieve a minimun lvl in any playlist. I also think the cap should be around 100, not 50. 50 seems too achievable, unless of course you mark it out in brakcets. Like the top X% can be 50 and so on and so forth.

I hope this post makes it to the developers eyes, and that it holds some weight. I have played Halo since the beginning, and I know exactly what I would change in terms on MM. I have logged in nearly 30 days of game time to reach, with at least 27 days in MM. (Most people I know, along with myself, play the campaign once to beat it for the achives, rarely play firefight and never use the forge).

Regards,

Beloved Halo Fan

PS- Halo is the reason I own an Xbox, and the reason I pay for live. I have tried many other games, nothing compares to Halo. With the changes I listed above to MM, myself and everyone I know would be EXTREMELY pleased.

I want a NET GUN, hear me out. It's like the grenade launcher but it releases a electrified net that would track towards metal (it's magnetized kinda) it would knock out players shields or disable vehicles and get caught up in wheels or propellers. Also when a player gets netted they go in rag doll physics and are left vulnerable for a short time. I just think it would make great fun. Oh an also the net would catch grenades and carry them with the net to add to the chaos.

• Like 1

I know theatr was a very small part of halo reach, and im not sure if it will be bigger in halo4, but id like it to be created andd structured better. Be able to watch it with your friends where the host controls the rate of speed and start and stop, but their friends could watch what was happenimg at the same time. I hated making a video and trying to explain what happens to my friend, such as a glitch that causes a sparten to appear on the pther side of the map (it happened). Another issue i had was the VERY slow fast forwarding when rewarching a video, especially firefight. I would have something hilarious happen at the end of a 45-minute game, but spend 10 minutes just to get to the part to make a video! Please improve the theatr!

Hear Out This Idea, It Will Never Get Into A Halo Game But It Would Be Cool!

When You Play A Match Afterwards There Is A Option In Theatre Called "Combat" Where You Can Go Back To The Match And See The Past You And Others But Actually Have A Gun And Kill Others And "You"! Where They Will All Be Bots And You Fight Them!

To increase the replay-ability of the campaign it would be nice to see a leader board for different stats such as fastest time, or completion with certain skulls on. In Halo Reach it felt like a chore to complete the daily challenge which does not do a good job of motivating people to play the campaign.

Here is the things I want.

1: I want forge to be like Far Cry 2's map editor, or at least that detailed.

2: Bring back duel wielding or at least make the weaker guns less weak and worth using.

3: I want a great ranking system. Something thats addictive and that makes you don't want to stop playing till you rank up.

4: Bring zombies in the game again and make it even better the previous halo games

5: Bring back classic maps. Such as Beaver Creek, Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, warlock etc...

6: I would like to see a teamwork assassinations and assassination assist medal as well. Example: My teammate goes behind a guy and goes to assassinate, but instead he holds him in place by grabbing him, while the other teammate pulls out a knife and stabs him in the chest or face etc….

7:I would also like to see a counter to assassinations. Example: When the assassination is in progress, it will tell you what button to push to counter it. But it should be random. Meaning one time it will say press (A) but the next time, it may tell you to press (Y) or ( B) etc…. Also, you should only have 2 to 3 seconds to react otherwise it will be too easy to counter.

8: I would like the outdoor maps to be more dynamic. Example: You enter the game and the map is clear sunny skies. The game ends and you go start a new one. Everybody votes for the same map you just got done playing. But this time instead of the map being clear sunny skies, its cloudy and raining or it may be night time etc...

I like your 6 & 8 ideas

I think( if they hav forge) I should hav unlimited items I think I reach they got the peices in place with fixed and phased but hav to hav a creditable server that allows players to go and build all that comes to their mind without the he'll of lag

Halo 2-3 1-50 RANKS IN PLAYLISTS MUST BE BROUGHT BACK OR THIS GAME WILL FAIL LIKE HALO REACH.

343 has to be stupid to not bring this back.

They have brought the BR back, and that might bring a few players to halo again.

But thats not even enough to reach over 100,000 players online at once. Reach has.. what, 60-70k online at a time. Thats pathetic.

Halo 3 in its glory days had 400k. Because the game was GOOD. Even when it got old, it still had 150-200k online at once.

You know why ? its because PEOPLE STILL WANT TO GET THERE 50!

I dont wanna hear any bitching about how " Ooooo boosters boosters boosters ! " Or host booters! "

Who cares if someone boosts to there 50 ? In all honesty, if you got boosted to your 50, and YOU played and attributed to getting that 50, then your still good enough to have it ? Im sure they could tweek some stuff to make the boosters not AS affective as they were in H3.

The boosters dont bother me, I have a 50 in every playlist besides lonewolves. I know if people are good enough to have a 50 or not. And MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, when i play against a boosted 50, there the same as a regular one if not BETTER. That shouldent even be an issue into putting it back into the playlists. And for booters, the BANHAMMER will take care of that, and that never EVER happened to me to be honest, maybe 1 out of 100 games of MLG 50 high I would get booted. Im sure 343 could easily take care of that aswell.

Those are the 2 main arguments i hear about ranking system of 1-50.

And I just wrecked them , most people that whine and cry about it, dont even have any idea of what a 50 even is there probably like a 30 or something and went +1 against a 50 in Social slayer when they wasnt even trying and assumed they got " boosted ".

Booters a RARE occasion of running into one. And thats up to 343 to eliminate that, if they cant, then thats there flaw, not 1-50 ranking system.

Halos 1-50 system is what made that game UNIQUE and made people play it. Im not buying the game if there isnt a 1-50 Or something else like a 1-10. They need some type of a NUMBER to match people up effectively. I mean, seriously, its not as big of a deal as people make it.

I hated reach because of that, the teams are never even. Arena was a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOORRRR FAIL. That was stupid.

If there isnt a 1-50 Halo 4 will be the same as reach, sorry to inform all of you horny lil kids that wont be offended when someone makes fun of your staff captain rank. But thats no reason to take 1-50 out. There will be about 600k online first day of halo 4. And then after a few months, 200k, then 100k, then 50k just like reach. Mark it down. 1-50 FEEDS the competitive community which I might offer is probably bigger than the laid back kids. 1-50 = more money for 343... Any other arguments of 1-50, post it, Ill reason with it and wreck it to. 1-50 or garbage game. 343 can pick.

• Like 1

Halo 2-3 1-50 RANKS IN PLAYLISTS MUST BE BROUGHT BACK OR THIS GAME WILL FAIL LIKE HALO REACH.

343 has to be stupid to not bring this back.

They have brought the BR back, and that might bring a few players to halo again.

But thats not even enough to reach over 100,000 players online at once. Reach has.. what, 60-70k online at a time. Thats pathetic.

Halo 3 in its glory days had 400k. Because the game was GOOD. Even when it got old, it still had 150-200k online at once.

You know why ? its because PEOPLE STILL WANT TO GET THERE 50!

I dont wanna hear any bitching about how " Ooooo boosters boosters boosters ! " Or host booters! "

Who cares if someone boosts to there 50 ? In all honesty, if you got boosted to your 50, and YOU played and attributed to getting that 50, then your still good enough to have it ? Im sure they could tweek some stuff to make the boosters not AS affective as they were in H3.

The boosters dont bother me, I have a 50 in every playlist besides lonewolves. I know if people are good enough to have a 50 or not. And MORE OFTEN THAN NOT, when i play against a boosted 50, there the same as a regular one if not BETTER. That shouldent even be an issue into putting it back into the playlists. And for booters, the BANHAMMER will take care of that, and that never EVER happened to me to be honest, maybe 1 out of 100 games of MLG 50 high I would get booted. Im sure 343 could easily take care of that aswell.

Those are the 2 main arguments i hear about ranking system of 1-50.

And I just wrecked them , most people that whine and cry about it, dont even have any idea of what a 50 even is there probably like a 30 or something and went +1 against a 50 in Social slayer when they wasnt even trying and assumed they got " boosted ".

Booters a RARE occasion of running into one. And thats up to 343 to eliminate that, if they cant, then thats there flaw, not 1-50 ranking system.

Halos 1-50 system is what made that game UNIQUE and made people play it. Im not buying the game if there isnt a 1-50 Or something else like a 1-10. They need some type of a NUMBER to match people up effectively. I mean, seriously, its not as big of a deal as people make it.

I hated reach because of that, the teams are never even. Arena was a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOORRRR FAIL. That was stupid.

If there isnt a 1-50 Halo 4 will be the same as reach, sorry to inform all of you horny lil kids that wont be offended when someone makes fun of your staff captain rank. But thats no reason to take 1-50 out. There will be about 600k online first day of halo 4. And then after a few months, 200k, then 100k, then 50k just like reach. Mark it down. 1-50 FEEDS the competitive community which I might offer is probably bigger than the laid back kids. 1-50 = more money for 343... Any other arguments of 1-50, post it, Ill reason with it and wreck it to. 1-50 or garbage game. 343 can pick.

Read confirmed leaks before you post like this. Because the ranking system has already been confirmed.

They are mixing reach with halo 3 ranking system wise. They have brought back aspects of each. They have brought back EXP and credits, however credits are not used for ranking up, but rater solely for purchasing armor, equipment, weapons, and other things for your custom loadout. Credits are also now temporarily called spartan points. (placeholder). Also, with halo 3 and reach, they have merged 1-50 with the symbols. Each number 1=50 gets a reach symbol correspondingly. What happens is, each time you rank up, and you rank up with EXP, you obviously go to the next rank. So lets say you are level 1, recruit. You would rank up to level 2, private. And so on to level 50, inheritor. I hope this cleared things up.

I want competitive gaming back. Since halo 3 things haven't felt as competitive to me. I don't have a problem with casuals, just wondering why there can't be both you know? A couple competitive playlists and styles as well as fun and easy going ones. I feel like halo 3 did this perfectly with Social and Matchmaking. MLG Swat and Snipers were more difficult and to me more rewarding that Social Slayer or Rumble pit.

I am willing to do anything to bring back competitive gaming and playlists. I know the ranking system was broken but it was still amazing. I just don't want people who try to cheat the system to ruin it for EVERYONE who really worked at it and took pride in their rank. I made it to 46 in mlg and was so proud and happy of that. I love working on my 50 in Snipers. If there is any way to bring that back my life would be complete :D

Read confirmed leaks before you post like this. Because the ranking system has already been confirmed.

They are mixing reach with halo 3 ranking system wise. They have brought back aspects of each. They have brought back EXP and credits, however credits are not used for ranking up, but rater solely for purchasing armor, equipment, weapons, and other things for your custom loadout. Credits are also now temporarily called spartan points. (placeholder). Also, with halo 3 and reach, they have merged 1-50 with the symbols. Each number 1=50 gets a reach symbol correspondingly. What happens is, each time you rank up, and you rank up with EXP, you obviously go to the next rank. So lets say you are level 1, recruit. You would rank up to level 2, private. And so on to level 50, inheritor. I hope this cleared things up.

My internet has been out for over a month and won't be back until next week so I am far from up to date. I just wanted to double check what you were saying. Does this mean that 1-50 will be back, just replacing the numbers with symbols?

So I can rank up and down depending on how I play as a team?

If thats true you have honestly brought me some incredible news and I want to hug you.

If thats not true then I still love you, just no hugs