The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

I am sure most of you have heard, but the game informer cover of H4 has been leaked. SOmeone scanned the entire article onto the internet. After spending the last 20 minutes reading it, I can safely say that Halo 4 looks like the biggest fail of a game I have ever seen. I am sorry, I had high hopes for this, but as far as reach was a departure from H3 and H2, this takes the cake. For those of you that do not know I will sum up, AA's are back and you can purchase them at higher levels like CoD, Sprint is standard, weapon spawn are not set, they are drop podded in to prevent skilled players from being skilled, they are adding in X-Ray vision to see through walls and prevent anyone 1 shot or protecting the now random power weapons from staying hidden, there is instant respawns to completely F-Over anyone who just won a BR fight and it 1 shot and hasn't already been cleaned up by an xray toting idiot, and you can join in-progress games to put a definitive NO on the "will there be a 1 - 50 true-skill system like in H3?" question. Halo 4 sounds completely moronic. Let me explain all that is wrong with those changes.

1. Instant Spawns - THIS IS NOT COD!!! You are not 1 shot 100% of the time like in cod where that mechanic doesn't matter. In Halo you have shields and require 4 shots. If you are playing a game and you kill someone they can just instant-spawn back and kill you while your shields are low. Effectively shafting better players because they had the audacity to be better than an other player and kill them, oops, your dead for being better.

2. Jet-Packs and other AA's - Jet-packs destroy map design, plain and simple. Armor abilities in general do nothing more than screw up a good flowing MP experience. Why should someone carry around the right to be invisible any time they want, or have temporary invincibility to save all unskilled players from a certain death, nope, armor lock to again destroy the better player who had them dead. Don't even get me started on this new Forerunner Vision X-Ray garbage. That is quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Okay, now you can no longer hold onto a weapon, retreat when 1 shot, or plan an attack without the other players knowing exactly what you are doing. OMG, this makes me mad just thinking about it. X-Ray vision again takes a shot at the knees to players who actually took the time to become acclimated to the game and, oh God, were loyal to the series and played enough to get a thing I like to call anticipation.

3. Randomly Spawning Weapons - Okay, lets continue to chop down the loyal, regularly playing fan-base by not allowing them to time weapons or the now non-existent power-ups. Timing weapons is something simple that every player can do, but only the good ones ever seemed to remember to do, so what dose 343 do now, oh, lets see, take yet another thing away from the competitive Halo base. The excuse, "it ads more points of focus to the game." Okay, great, not the team winning by 3 with 2 seconds left gets a rocket spawning in the middle of their base, what does the other team get, plasma pistol, GREAT IDEA!.....Why couldn't you leave something as simple as weapon spawns alone, my goodness could you mess anything else up?

4. Joining in game sessions - YES YOU CAN! So now to fix the problem of quitters, you get join mid game. Okay, common scenario, oh, i join a game, my team has 12, the other team, 49 and 50 as I join, oops, there is a loss that I got without participating. There goes my 50..... oh yeah, there is no 50 because if you had them, you'd probably need to buy a few hundred thousand TVs for raging gamers who put their controllers through theirs. Now, just like reach and every other non-competitive POS game on the market there is no skill measuring system, just a stupid RPG style if you spend time you will rank up system, lovely.

Final Thoughts. Why does this game go from being oh boy, a return to the classic halo series that was so successful to boy what a POS this will be. It is like 343 has taken a battle axe to the players who loved the game and spent time on it to get good and gave a big fat F U to everyone who liked and was good at Halo. Now all us 50's from H3 will get to be put on par with first timers since there is no more hiding or escaping, no more player intuition, no more timing, NO MORE SKILL OR REASON TO PLAY. So let me take this time to give a thank you to Bungie for making H1, H2, and H3 the best competitive games on the market (I will forgive Reach), and give a than you to 343i for making me drop the last part of my childhood I was looking to hold on to and destroying the best MP game on the market and thank you again for removing all stat tracking from H3 and destroying the last game I love and any evidence that Halo ever had a good game in the series. I guess you guys all thought that video games were juvenile and that we all should grow up. Guess I'll be, and it burns my tongue to say this, playing CoD from now on, at least they improve their games, even if they still aren't as good as H3 or H2.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to the scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

I am sure most of you have heard, but the game informer cover of H4 has been leaked. SOmeone scanned the entire article onto the internet. After spending the last 20 minutes reading it, I can safely say that Halo 4 looks like the biggest fail of a game I have ever seen. I am sorry, I had high hopes for this, but as far as reach was a departure from H3 and H2, this takes the cake. For those of you that do not know I will sum up, AA's are back and you can purchase them at higher levels like CoD, Sprint is standard, weapon spawn are not set, they are drop podded in to prevent skilled players from being skilled, they are adding in X-Ray vision to see through walls and prevent anyone 1 shot or protecting the now random power weapons from staying hidden, there is instant respawns to completely F-Over anyone who just won a BR fight and it 1 shot and hasn't already been cleaned up by an xray toting idiot, and you can join in-progress games to put a definitive NO on the "will there be a 1 - 50 true-skill system like in H3?" question. Halo 4 sounds completely moronic. Let me explain all that is wrong with those changes.

1. Instant Spawns - THIS IS NOT COD!!! You are not 1 shot 100% of the time like in cod where that mechanic doesn't matter. In Halo you have shields and require 4 shots. If you are playing a game and you kill someone they can just instant-spawn back and kill you while your shields are low. Effectively shafting better players because they had the audacity to be better than an other player and kill them, oops, your dead for being better.

2. Jet-Packs and other AA's - Jet-packs destroy map design, plain and simple. Armor abilities in general do nothing more than screw up a good flowing MP experience. Why should someone carry around the right to be invisible any time they want, or have temporary invincibility to save all unskilled players from a certain death, nope, armor lock to again destroy the better player who had them dead. Don't even get me started on this new Forerunner Vision X-Ray garbage. That is quite possibly one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. Okay, now you can no longer hold onto a weapon, retreat when 1 shot, or plan an attack without the other players knowing exactly what you are doing. OMG, this makes me mad just thinking about it. X-Ray vision again takes a shot at the knees to players who actually took the time to become acclimated to the game and, oh God, were loyal to the series and played enough to get a thing I like to call anticipation.

3. Randomly Spawning Weapons - Okay, lets continue to chop down the loyal, regularly playing fan-base by not allowing them to time weapons or the now non-existent power-ups. Timing weapons is something simple that every player can do, but only the good ones ever seemed to remember to do, so what dose 343 do now, oh, lets see, take yet another thing away from the competitive Halo base. The excuse, "it ads more points of focus to the game." Okay, great, not the team winning by 3 with 2 seconds left gets a rocket spawning in the middle of their base, what does the other team get, plasma pistol, GREAT IDEA!.....Why couldn't you leave something as simple as weapon spawns alone, my goodness could you mess anything else up?

4. Joining in game sessions - YES YOU CAN! So now to fix the problem of quitters, you get join mid game. Okay, common scenario, oh, i join a game, my team has 12, the other team, 49 and 50 as I join, oops, there is a loss that I got without participating. There goes my 50..... oh yeah, there is no 50 because if you had them, you'd probably need to buy a few hundred thousand TVs for raging gamers who put their controllers through theirs. Now, just like reach and every other non-competitive POS game on the market there is no skill measuring system, just a stupid RPG style if you spend time you will rank up system, lovely.

Final Thoughts. Why does this game go from being oh boy, a return to the classic halo series that was so successful to boy what a POS this will be. It is like 343 has taken a battle axe to the players who loved the game and spent time on it to get good and gave a big fat F U to everyone who liked and was good at Halo. Now all us 50's from H3 will get to be put on par with first timers since there is no more hiding or escaping, no more player intuition, no more timing, NO MORE SKILL OR REASON TO PLAY. So let me take this time to give a thank you to Bungie for making H1, H2, and H3 the best competitive games on the market (I will forgive Reach), and give a than you to 343i for making me drop the last part of my childhood I was looking to hold on to and destroying the best MP game on the market and thank you again for removing all stat tracking from H3 and destroying the last game I love and any evidence that Halo ever had a good game in the series. I guess you guys all thought that video games were juvenile and that we all should grow up. Guess I'll be, and it burns my tongue to say this, playing CoD from now on, at least they improve their games, even if they still aren't as good as H3 or H2.

P.S. For anyone who doubts my information I have attached the link to the scanned in article, take a gander and you can be the judge. Goodbye to anyone who I played with or against over the years, best wishes everyone, and finally, Goodbye Halo, you will be missed.

• Like 1

I would like to see something like what I just created for halo 2.... a gauss technology sniper rifle! It's perfect! It would have many times over the range of the standard gas sniper, more penetration due to velocity, and it could also incorporate better shield penetration due to the residual magnetic energy that propels the projectile. My version is seen here....... sorry it is 3dsmax, but I did not have time to tape the actual in-game footage with it firing. it uses the same heat generation of the covie Beam Rifle and is non-reloadable......even mini MAC generators cant last forever....

a>

i would love the regular weapons but with different bullents like shredder rounds in the ar or like the gauss sniper idea.

I'm not sure who all is from the Halo 2 and Halo 3 days, but by the looks of what I've been reading recently on IGN.com and other gaming sites Halo 4 is going to be more of a disaster than Reach. Being somebody who plays Halo competitively through MLG, I think the loadouts in Reach were the downfall of competitive Halo, along with the TERRIBLE ranking system (if you can even call it a ranking system). Halo 2 and Halo 3 had ideal ranking systems where the incentive was to actually win... something that I think has been lost with COD. Now with the addition of allowing people to join games mid game is ridiculous. Why in Earth would I want a new team mate 15 minutes into the game?! I want the same 4 players the whole game, which allows for team work to be present. Am i the only one who wants this? The Halo series has always bee one the most if the not the competitive XBOX game (look at MLG for example) and with the direction Bungie took the Halo series with Reach and now the direction Halo 4 is heading Halo will completely lose the competitiveness. I am aware that not everyone wants the competitiveness side of Halo and understand that. That is why there was "social games" in Halo 3.

I could rant forever on this topic just because I have such a passion for the Halo series and I am sad that the competitiveness is almost gone (will be gone after Halo 4)

THANK YOU!! This sums up my feelings entirely about Halo 4. It's sad to see the Halo franchise on such a HUGE downfall.

• Like 1

I'm not sure who all is from the Halo 2 and Halo 3 days, but by the looks of what I've been reading recently on IGN.com and other gaming sites Halo 4 is going to be more of a disaster than Reach. Being somebody who plays Halo competitively through MLG, I think the loadouts in Reach were the downfall of competitive Halo, along with the TERRIBLE ranking system (if you can even call it a ranking system). Halo 2 and Halo 3 had ideal ranking systems where the incentive was to actually win... something that I think has been lost with COD. Now with the addition of allowing people to join games mid game is ridiculous. Why in Earth would I want a new team mate 15 minutes into the game?! I want the same 4 players the whole game, which allows for team work to be present. Am i the only one who wants this? The Halo series has always bee one the most if the not the competitive XBOX game (look at MLG for example) and with the direction Bungie took the Halo series with Reach and now the direction Halo 4 is heading Halo will completely lose the competitiveness. I am aware that not everyone wants the competitiveness side of Halo and understand that. That is why there was "social games" in Halo 3.

I could rant forever on this topic just because I have such a passion for the Halo series and I am sad that the competitiveness is almost gone (will be gone after Halo 4)

So winning is everything? I don't think so. I could be the worst player in the world, but have awesome friends, and we could win 90% of our games and I'd be at a 50 just like them, because they carried me through. No, Halo 2 and Halo 3's ranking needs adjusted, just like Reach's needs adjusted. No system is perfect, and I dare you to tell me otherwise.

THANK YOU!! This sums up my feelings entirely about Halo 4. It's sad to see the Halo franchise on such a HUGE downfall.

Halo being on a "HUGE downfall" is a matter of opinion. Could Reach have done some things better? Yes. Could Halo 3 have done some things better? Absolutely. What about Halo 2? For sure. Even CE could have done things better. I like each game for the game. I don't see "Halo" in the title and fawn over it like a little school girl over Justin Beiber. I expect a quality game and a good time. I received that in Reach. If you didn't, that's your problem, but not everybody feels the way you do. That's why we all have opinions.

So winning is everything? I don't think so. I could be the worst player in the world, but have awesome friends, and we could win 90% of our games and I'd be at a 50 just like them, because they carried me through. No, Halo 2 and Halo 3's ranking needs adjusted, just like Reach's needs adjusted. No system is perfect, and I dare you to tell me otherwise.

Halo being on a "HUGE downfall" is a matter of opinion. Could Reach have done some things better? Yes. Could Halo 3 have done some things better? Absolutely. What about Halo 2? For sure. Even CE could have done things better. I like each game for the game. I don't see "Halo" in the title and fawn over it like a little school girl over Justin Beiber. I expect a quality game and a good time. I received that in Reach. If you didn't, that's your problem, but not everybody feels the way you do. That's why we all have opinions.

I think what he was getting at was that the true skill ranking system would still be better than the experience ranking system. Yes, they both have their flaws and could be tweaked but the true skill allowed the games to be matched up based on player level rather than how long you have played for. This made it more competitive overall even if there were a few "fake" 50's that slithered their way into the game.

It is relative to the person, but from what I've gathered and experienced myself, Halo 1 and 2 had the highest numbers of people playing. Halo 3 was still competitive, but at the same time some of the changes they made turned people away. When Halo Reach dropped people had high hopes, but when everyone realized it wasn't competitive the numbers significantly took a hit......a BIG hit. With that said, I can tell you right now if I got on Halo 3 and went in on my 50, the games would still be very challenging. When I play reach I can, for the most part, beat anyone I'm matched up against. Mind you I'm not trying to be cocky, I'm just trying to let my real world experience back my opinions.

this is probably to late in the process of the game but i thought of a new game type that is a little different than the others. i play it in reach and call it the forge game my friend invented it. it goes like this. there are 2,3,4,[ect..] teams and each team starts with plasma pistols. though out the game teams have a vote on what they want added to there bases. The teams will get a few choices one team at a time. what ever they choose they will get an advancement in that area. say it was base it will get bigger if weapons there will be a new gun for each player on the team and over time they will get more choices. If they get say a lot of base upgrades they will earn a depot and then an airport where they can get vehicle upgrades. My friends and i find this very fun and thought it would be cool to have the game where we don't have to do all the upgrades and there is less arguing with a funner play with more people to play knowing one will have to forge. If this does not make it then it would be cool to add in later as an update or in a map-pack.

The rating system of reach MUST MUST MUST MUST go.

Assists are a means to an end-- that end being "Win"

Remember what directly leads to a win-- getting more aggregate kills than deaths.

Don't you see a problem with rating a player based on his kills + assists - (deaths/3)???? for christ's sake!! Obviously, any player with higher rating in mind will behave as if deaths are not equal to a kill for the other team, because it is only worth 1/3rd to him.

How to measure a player-- does he win?

Campaign Mode

I'd like Campaign mode to be treated just as important to the game as Multiplayer mode. All too often, Campaign mode is treated lightly and given minimal treatment (both in size and scale). Please make the levels big enough and long enough that you feel you're getting $60 worth of play out of it. Campaign mode isn't something easily expanded by DLC. Please make it appropriately long. For example, Halo 3: ODST was too short. The longer the levels, the better. 10-12 levels is a good number with each level lasting at least 4-5 hours of play per level. That would be a minimum of 40 hours of Campaign play alone.

Co-op model

Please add an AI co-op companion abilitiy. I've always missed all of these achievements because I never had anyone to play this part of the game at the time. While I may be able to find someone to play with now, I don't really want to go back and do it years later. I'd like to join in on the co-op play using an AI companion while the game is fresh.

Multilplayer

As for other aspects, Multiplayer gaming needs a paradigm shift. Pretty much every multiplayer game degrades rapidly into death match even if it's a team event. I'd like a multiplayer where the player is penalized for death match behavior during a team activity. Specifically, having their score reduced or temporarily removed from the game when working against the team instead of contributing to the team activity. I'd like to see more single team activities with puzzles that open new team abiities. As teams progress in abilities, they can then participate in higher level activities. I'd like to see teams that exist by name so you can join your team at any time and contribute to the team. I'd like to see team events against AI team opponents. I'd like to see team activities that require active team members to be in specific spots and do certain key things to open up items, hiding places or garages full of ammo and guns. I'd like team events where teams have to accomplish certain tasks to open up more of the level and where a level might have 4-6 different sections.

Theater

My number one request.. Please do not remove Theater from the Halo Franchise. It wasn't in Combat Evolved and this was sorely missed. I do realize that it wasn't in the original Combat Evolved, so I didn't expect it to be added to CE, but I was hoping. On the other hand, because Theater has been in every Halo since Halo 3, I'd be sorely disappointed and feel somewhat cheated from Halo 4 if the Theater were removed without reason.

I want the Theater mode to be retained, refined and enhanced,.. such as, saving videos and screenshots. Specifically, I'd like to be able to have more lens capabilities, ISO types, film types and depth of field. Basically, I'd like the camera to act fully as a camera. Also, I'd like to be able to turn on and off the landscape buffer on the camera. Sometimes I need to get very close to an object to get the shot. I'd specifically like to get even closer and I'd like to turn off the bumper when the camera gets close. I'd like to be able to convert videos into a format that can be uploaded to YouTube in 1080p. I'd like to be able to download these videos and string them together in an outside package like Pinnacle studio.

It might even be a nice touch to allow alteration of the lighting to be more dramatic for the still shots.

3D Model (specifically high res)

While this isn't 'part' of the game, I'd like to get a copy of the Master Chief 3D model to use for rendering fan art. It would be great if this were included in the special edition of the game either as a downloadable or on a DVD included. I'm fine with agreeing to a non-commercial use of that 3D model.

After all, the artists do all fhis great work, but we can't ever admire it in other ways other than in the game. Just as DJs can get stems to remix Lady Gaga's latest track, I liken getting access to the 3D models for a game in the same way to create a 'remix' using these 3D components. Getting the environments would make it even better.

Level Specific Requests

One of the key things I Ioved about Halo 3 was the skulls. Not so much to use the skull abilities as most of the enhancements were pointless. No, the thrill wasn't in using the abilities, it was in finding the skulls. I'd like to see a lot more of these easter eggs in this game. When I'm just a bit weary of shooting yet more Ghosts or getting barraged by tanks, I'd take a break by hunting the level for cool things to find. A small diversion, yes. But, ehough to let me get a fresh start on a level where I might need some strategy to get through. When adding easter eggs like skulls, make them a challenge to get. That is, place them on top of things that might require a bit of thought to locate and reach.

On the point of strategy, please add levels that require thought more than run in with guns-a-blazin-shootin-everything-in-sight. While this can be fun once or twice, if every level is this way, the game gets tedious and monotonous. Vary the levels by what you have to do to get through them by requiring thought strategy to complete the level.

Thanks.

• Like 1

The rating system of reach MUST MUST MUST MUST go.

Assists are a means to an end-- that end being "Win"

Remember what directly leads to a win-- getting more aggregate kills than deaths.

Don't you see a problem with rating a player based on his kills + assists - (deaths/3)???? for christ's sake!! Obviously, any player with higher rating in mind will behave as if deaths are not equal to a kill for the other team, because it is only worth 1/3rd to him.

How to measure a player-- does he win?

But measuring a player based soley on wins is stupid, too. Because a player could go 5 - 15 with 5 assists, but the team could still win. It needs to be a combination of everything for a proper ranking system to be effective.

Halo 2 and Halo 3's ranking system wasn't perfect, but neither is Reach's. It needs to be tweaked to count for more than just wins, but wins should still be one of the most important factors. Kills and Deaths should still play a role in ranking, as well as other factors (such as flag captures, oddball time, KotH time, etc). You can't base something strictly on Wins, and you can't base something strictly on "just participating" either.

Need to have more big maps for btb and need to get more vehicals .

Armor abilities need to be balanced and no loadouts

i am getting a hd pvr but it would be great to transfer vids from theater to the computer on a certain website

need more armor customizations and spartan points must be balance on performance

love the idea of commands to help your team out and tell them what you will be doing

bring back alot of the halo 3 maps and vehicals but keep invasion

i would love a big team carryer like the elephant to stransport your team

would be good on one multiplayer map if you could spawm on mongooses and go to the battlefield

Seriously? Next time use the edit post button and edit your original post. 5 posts in less than 20 minutes in the same thread is just a bit much.

As for your comments, well.. let's see.

I like more BTB maps, always enjoy them, but they need to have a nice balance between BTB and more mid-sized maps. Can't go overboard on one or the other. Armor Abilities, I hope, will be very well balanced, and the map design will take them into consideration. Since they are building the maps from the ground up (supposedly) and not recycling areas from the campaign, they can take all of that into consideration.

The second post, not much to say, and not really relevant to this topic.

Definitely want more armor customization, more color choices, more armor, etc. Don't know how the "spartain points" are going to work yet, so we'll just have to wait and see what they are going to be primarily used for.

Commands are, eh. That's why you use a mic. As for Halo 3 maps, while I loved them, I don't want to see them in Halo 4. I want new and exciting maps that we've never played on before. Maybe do a map pack with some of the classic maps later on down the road, but definitely no reimagining of existing maps. Elephant being back would be awesome.

Spawning on a mongoose is an interesting idea, and kind of takes from BF3 where you can spawn in a vehicle. Don't mind this so much, but definitely not Halo. Now it becomes whoever can change their spawn quicker to be in the tank.

I really hope that multiplayer doesn't forget us who don't play online, but rather over System Link. We do exist!

First of all, in the multiplayer maps, don't make them all for large parties. There needs to be at least a couple maps that are optimal for a smaller group, even just 4 people (that's the usual system link amount of players). And not just the symmetrical, round arena, but something interesting. And it doesn't have to be a tiny map, either. The Halo 3 map Standoff was a perfect example of an extremely entertaining map for just a few people, while still having a fairly large area. One of the biggest issues in Reach for our group was the fact that there was a lack of maps for our 4-player system link games. In Halo 3 (and all the Halos before) there was a ton of great maps, almost all of them suitable except for the massive ones. In Reach, just a couple were playable.

Now, I feel that while this is the most minor issue, it is also the most important:

In system link we often play custom game types, and one thing that we've played a lot over all the Halos is Random (with random weapons, infinite ammo, no weapon pickup (but that's not really the point, just background information)). Now, in that mode there are certain weapons that have basically decided the game alone. Especially the fuel rod gun in Reach was a game-breaker. What I'd hope for multiplayer game settings is that you can choose what weapons can appear on the map (or, in the case of our Random settings, for the player). Either a check-box type system, or at least a sort of "no heavy" "no snipers" "only human" etc. choices. A minor change, but a huge difference on the enjoyability of the game.

Of course, optimally, if there is this new game type I'm reading about, it would be also playable through system link. I guess it might be difficult if it has a reward system of some sort, though I'd still hope it would be workable if only even as a temporary offline system. It's fun change sometimes to play Firefight, and it'd be too bad if we wouldn't have that alternative choice anymore. But as long as the multiplayer were good, it wouldn't matter so much. So, I hope you take at least my second point into consideration.

(Edit: Oh, and since there's apparently going to be armor abilities again, why not the option of randomly chosen armor abilities too? (like random with each respawn))

Okay, thanks for listening :)

I want NO armor abilities. No DMR. I do want a skill system like halo 3/EXP progression system. NO credit system. Tweak the Exp system a little so it works but I hated the credit system in reach.

that will never happen it was just horrible people would buy boosted accounts and it wasnt accurate in skill you just like it cause you think you look bad ass with a 50 on your service record SCRUB!!!!

plus halo is going in a completly diffrent deraction then halo 3 cant you tell by reach so either like it or get off it.

• Like 1

I really hope that multiplayer doesn't forget us who don't play online, but rather over System Link. We do exist!

First of all, in the multiplayer maps, don't make them all for large parties. There needs to be at least a couple maps that are optimal for a smaller group, even just 4 people (that's the usual system link amount of players). And not just the symmetrical, round arena, but something interesting. And it doesn't have to be a tiny map, either. The Halo 3 map Standoff was a perfect example of an extremely entertaining map for just a few people, while still having a fairly large area. One of the biggest issues in Reach for our group was the fact that there was a lack of maps for our 4-player system link games. In Halo 3 (and all the Halos before) there was a ton of great maps, almost all of them suitable except for the massive ones. In Reach, just a couple were playable.

Now, I feel that while this is the most minor issue, it is also the most important:

In system link we often play custom game types, and one thing that we've played a lot over all the Halos is Random (with random weapons, infinite ammo, no weapon pickup (but that's not really the point, just background information)). Now, in that mode there are certain weapons that have basically decided the game alone. Especially the fuel rod gun in Reach was a game-breaker. What I'd hope for multiplayer game settings is that you can choose what weapons can appear on the map (or, in the case of our Random settings, for the player). Either a check-box type system, or at least a sort of "no heavy" "no snipers" "only human" etc. choices. A minor change, but a huge difference on the enjoyability of the game.

Of course, optimally, if there is this new game type I'm reading about, it would be also playable through system link. I guess it might be difficult if it has a reward system of some sort, though I'd still hope it would be workable if only even as a temporary offline system. It's fun change sometimes to play Firefight, and it'd be too bad if we wouldn't have that alternative choice anymore. But as long as the multiplayer were good, it wouldn't matter so much. So, I hope you take at least my second point into consideration.

(Edit: Oh, and since there's apparently going to be armor abilities again, why not the option of randomly chosen armor abilities too? (like random with each respawn))

Okay, thanks for listening :)

sorry but 343 does not care for system link even in the past halos they never cared about your system link. they rather focuse on the large partys that play the game witch is causale xbox live gamers thats why mlg player or try hards get so piss with the most little change they do what get them paid witch is bring in the most sold games right now kids like COD so there heading in a more COD feeling for the game