The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

I want a good story. And a long one too, full of content. Halo 3 had a fun campaign...for the 2 hours it lasted. Halo ODST had a fun campaign...despite how very very slow it is to go through a city on foot with no one to shoot and your mongoose a piece of rubble. Halo Reach...had a long story that did not fit in at all with game lore. Halsey was at castle base for instance, not a funny looking ice cave. But halo CE and halo 2? Full of content, long, awesome, plain fun, and just awesome. And the stories..they were amazing. Everything fit so well and grabbed your attention and made you feel stuff ^^ so 343 better not pull a bungie and focus on multiplayer AFTER promising a very good campaign. Because that gets old real fast if you dont care one way or another for competitive online multiplayer. Multiplayer is awesome, dont get me wrong, but how bout the people who cant afford or just dont have xbox live? Do they get just 2 hours of gameplay and forge? Because i will be severely dissapointed if i see another halo 3. Dont let me down 343, anniversary is the best lookin halo thats come out, i just hope you can make the next game not only the best looks, but the best content wise in both single and multi player.

• Like 1

Okay Halo 4. Well i would love the story line of this game to be breathtaking, What i would like to see return, the elephant from halo 3, and for it to be forgeable, and i would like to see some simple items from halo 3s forge like barriers and pallets, i missed these in halo reach, also bring back some epic scarab battles and maybe put the scarab in as a useable viechle, no one wouldnt like to drive it. a unsc version of the scarab would be cool but thats up to 343 to decide to add that or not, i would love to have pelicans in multiplayer and forge, and phantoms. also i thought that it would be cool if in forge we could change the theme of a blank map / Desert/ snow/ swamp/ bush/ city/ and the same for the forge objects, also ive heard alot of people asking for AI to be in forge, i would like for 343 to consider the possibility of putting AI into forge, personally i would love to have a map with civilians wandering around while you are playing or maybe even hostiles.

i want everything to be fair so that people with more skill will win the game, not just a matter or AA. sprint is good, evade is good, but keep ONE AA per gametype. not like one guys is using sprint and another with jet pack and another with camo, its annoying. everyone should have the same setup. equality is the basis of halo. gun setup is the basis of COD. teamwork is the basis of battlefield. all 3 games are awesome in there own special way. dont change the basis of halo.

• Like 1

dear 343 industries i saw on halo waypoint about halo 3 that you said you want to make as close to the halo feel as possible and i would like to help dont take the elites or sanghelli out of halo custom games multiplayer etc they've been in halo multiplayer since halo 2 and if you took them out it wouldnt feel like halo anymore and lots of people love the elites or sanghelli i loved the ones in all the halo's and allot of people like playing as elites and if you took them out allot of people might not buy halo 4 and be sad and it wont have that classic halo feel so please my wish is have playable elites in halo 4 mutiplayer and custom game or sanghelli so think about it please :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: yours truly Elite sanghelli of halo reach Pikachu12349 st :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: dont make the elite sanghelli fans sad its like a halo tradition to play as them thank you for your time

I am a creative person and have utilized reach's forge as much as i could, however i have found that it was very limited for how i designed my maps, so what i want from halo 4 is a larger amount of things to use both for decortions and standard building blocks. Some blocks that i could resize would be awesome and less limiting on how many items i can generate on a map.

I think halo 4 should have

???? forge

????create a class like mw

????firefight

????playable elites

????an air vehicle in multiplayer matches like the hornet or falcon

????and design your own armour thing

That would make a perfect game

You can't get rid of some stuff as it is legindary to halo such as the warthog, elites, assault rifle, marines

imagine a game type where both teams have their own base where they cannot be killed (safe zone). whilst in their safe zone they can spend points that they earn on weapons/ veichles or AI squads o protect them. the objective of the game is to leave the safe zone and enter the warzone and retreive a package and return it to you base, for this you personally score many spendable points for yourself and a point for your team. this package can be placed into a veichle and returned. it will stop players team killing each other for weapons/ veichles and brings tome teamwork in to halo. a base consists of an armory/ a garage and a barracks. teams spawn in the barracks and pick up an battle rifle and head out on mongooses to get early kills/ points. this could be a 30 min game type and i think it would be alot of fun. this is what it could look like. I would name the gametype "War"

greg-bear-halo-4-concept-art.png

Please can we have a custom controller layout, like in Red faction 2. this was where an image of a controller was on screen and you chose which buttons did what - like X = action/reload or A = jump. This is because I don't agree with what most games have as a controller layout, they should still have the normal classes but also a customizeable one.

Please can we have a custom controller layout, like in Red faction 2. this was where an image of a controller was on screen and you chose which buttons did what - like X = action/reload or A = jump. This is because I don't agree with what most games have as a controller layout, they should still have the normal classes but also a customizeable one. that would be great

• Like 1

The main thing I want out of HALO 4 is losing the armor abilities, with the exception of Sprint since it did help in speeding up the game play and made it more interesting in the process. If 343 is interested in keeping armor abilities then they should have them in the form of drops like in HALO 3 with their power ups, that way they can be fought over and provide a more competitive edge to the game. Not only that but giving them a limited time or supply would prevent unbalancing the gameplay, For instance, if there were a jetpack drop, by giving it a small bar that once its used up its gone would keep people from using it ALL game and give others a chance to use it as well. My main concern with the jetpacks however is how everyone would abuse them in HALO REACH. They used it to get in impossible places like perched somewhere you cannot see them or anywhere that is not within the boundaries of the map, so if 343 is going to keep this in their game they need to think of ways to prevent this from happening.

In a nutshell, HALO 4 needs to be as balanced as possible like HALO 3 with its gameplay. For instance, everything had a counter. Overshield had powerdrain, or powerdrain and regen. Main advice 343, LEARN FROM REACH! No one on my friends list has REACH anymore even though they ALL bought it the night of its release. Kinda sad considering majority of my friends I meet playing HALO 3...

I would like to see more customization to how your toon liiks. I really liked Reach but it would be cool if different armor and weapons gave different stats. As for Leveling I liked Reach system with the credits but I would also like to see in Halo 4 them incorporate a system that if you win you get more credits than if you lose.

Sorry but I would prefer the ranking to be more like the other HALO's and definietly NOT REACH's. REACH'S ranking system was for no life noobs. This isn't COD where if you play enough your 'Top Dog' I like earning my rank and knowing what my true skill level is, NOT ranking up because all I do is play.

• Like 1

UNARMED COMBAT!

Hey guys and girls,

How many of you pretend your a ninja and play the sniper level in halo reach with friends and just assasinate everyone?

Its a new idea (assasinations) which has spread like wildfire with mixed views of course! However, a game needs to change with the times so assasinations is a good idea and it opens up lots of creative ideas which is what we all need!

I would love for Halo 4 to have an unarmed combat system! I'm unaware if this is actually being pursued so in my ignorance I'm assuming not! I really think it needs to be addressed because after all, aren't Spartans super soliders? It puzzled me that in forge mode in Halo Reach that you could walk around with no weapons but you still couldn't melee! Really? A super solider needs a weapon to be able to punch, seems like the Spartans are useless without a weapon. This would also be really great for people who would love to make machinima, play the campaign in an even harder mode than LASO, new gametypes and allow cool cinematics!

It's a bit late to ask 343 industries to involve this in the Halo 4 game but its not impossible and with the new and more fluid movement, it would be brilliant to see some real action scenes! And if this idea is too much for too soon then it could be a DLC, or put on the list for the following game!

Thanks for reading and please, please feel free to make comments and opinions known to me. I'm an open book and love to discuss these sorts of things! Thank you.

For the love of god fire your entire team that designs maps! I haven't met one person online who likes the new maps. And your choice for old maps to bring back have been hideous! I am an osx game designer and can design a better map in my sleep for this game. I've literally had dreams where I was in the game and can recreate what I saw in great detail. And your desig ers do not have this talent. Very apparent from all the map updates to reach. No offense. That's why you lost players to cod! Poor choices over and over because you don't understand the community bungie built. And haven't catered to them. Instead you tried capturing new clients who put your game down after a week anyway,instead of taking care of loyal fans.

That being said bring back some halo 2 maps! Burial mounds! Lockout! Relic!

Don't over think the designs! Halo 2 maps were bright simple and beautiful. That made the world fall in love with halo. Every thing that followed after tried to make the maps more sophisticated more detailed more futuristic. Fail! Give me the brightness and simplicity of a halo 2 map over the darker million color maps of reach. Make your textures prettier and more realistic fine but stop with the intricate garbage like anchor9 or condemned. Halo 2 maps were a breath of fresh air when you came in. Halo 3 kept that for the most part. Then halo reach?...I can't help but feel like I'm walking around on a cloudy day most of the time.

And Bring back 4 and 4 grenades! I think we can all recall the amazing feeling we had in halo 2 lockout FFA where you can pile up kills by tossing your 8 grenades into the bottom mid lol.

Halo is an arcade game! Cod is a boring simulator. Don't try to make halo something it's not. You will lose all your fans. Give me tons of kills instant gratification where I can be Rambo for a few minutes instead of a spawn camping crouching cod drone.

Oh and stop listening to people who are not your base. It's like the republicans trying to win democratic votes or the other way around. Not going to happen. Play to your base and you'll do well. Why would you remove territories hemorrhage from objective? The best game type in your game?... Why remove the tank and replace with a wraith? Again listening to people who drop in to play a few games that like cod better anyway so they come in to reach to cry about "oh no fair". They don't like your game anyway! So they just go back to cod and meanwhile you listened to them and made changes to the game that in turn pissed off your base. Oh the sniper has too many bullets?..so you limit the sniper bullets down? Because you tried to win over someone who has long since out your game Down For something else? Again one poor decision after another. Keep going against your base, your halo lovers, and they will eventually dump halo for something else too.

One last thought. If you guys decide to make load outs for weapons like in call of duty and armor upgrades like cod, halo 4 has already failed. You have changed to multiplayer so much at that point because you tried to make it cod but with aliens that you lost your hardcore halo fans. End of story. And you will not attract the cod crowd because they play cod for a simulation experience. Not to fight aliens with carbines. They prefer the look and feel of actual real life combat. Our halo fans love that imaginary I am superman feel in a game and I can take out 10 guys in a few seconds if I am good.