The "Official" What Do You Want Out Of Halo 4?

Exploseth

Honestly, I want a great game. A Halo game that'll kick the snot out of its competitors and reassert Halo as the king of Xbox Live. I want a game that runs smoothly in close quarters combat but is friendlier to long and medium range combat than Reach was. I think the fan favorite maps have been those that flow well and allow for adaptation. Maps where you can snipe, get in a vehicle, go on a tear with the sword or the shotgun, or just have a plain infantry battle successfully are the ones that are best because they allow the player to do whatever they want how they want. I want an open multiplayer experience out of Halo 4. Now, I don't mean huge maps. I mean maps that flow smoothly and allow for that run, jump, and gun Halo experience. For instance, Guardian in Halo 3 was actually quite small but was set up in a way that players don't bunch up in the spawn or in high-traffic areas. Small maps where everybody kills a lot and dies a lot are not fun maps. Big maps can't be boring or dominated by unstoppable snipers and vehicles because the guys not using them are screwed for the rest of the game. Medium range maps take the best of both worlds and provide gamers with the most balanced Halo experience. Maps like Valhalla, Last Resort, Standoff, and High Ground should serve as inspiration for the Halo 4 team. I've rambled enough for now, but I hope I've expressed a lot of the community's feelings.

• Like 1

O.o.. doitos seems to like spamming...

I have some ideas that kind of spin off of others ideas...

The scarab that someone mentioned for forge, maybe make it a placeable destroyed scarab to run around on and through (kinda like a building), the drop pods, (if possible) have a little cinematic during the respawn time if they are used where it shows em launching from the ship or coming through the atmosphere, bigger forge budget with bigger forge world.. Should be able to (if what someone mentioned about a covenant firefight is being thought about) choose to spawn as an elite, a brute, or a hunter.. Would be cool if you could customize the look of the energy sword o.o (not changing the hit range ofc). A special object in forge to fill in small spaces and act like a cubby hole or something, like you go into it theres a little room but you cant be seen unless you're moving around, which would show on the radar, from outside... Even though these probably won't be looked at because they're far into development already it would be nice to see some.

a living dead, griffball, and action sack playlist in multiplayer on day 1. action sack needs a lot of a halo 3 game types and very few of reach's. ranking system like halo 3 but earn credits like in reach to buy different armor(the credits would have nothing to do with the rank). and veto power not voting power. the return of dual wielding.

I would like to see deployables again and no armor abilities accept for sprinting, rolling and jet packs.

{Bring back all halo 3 deployables}

[New deployables]

* Motion sensor turret that sticks to any surface

* Hover turret that fallows you around

* Remote control turret

* New motion sensor trip mine.

* Hand detonating explosive. Throw and stick to any surface or player.

[New abilities]

* Go prone

* Jump kick

[New Weapons]

* Fully automatic brute stake rifle with 20 round magazine. Picks up rate of rife once trigger is held for long enough or pull trigger as fast as possible for semi automatic.

* One shot kill brute crossbow that fires explosive bolts. 2x and 4x zoom.

* Brute throwing glaive with power throw ability for my damage upon proper timing and return to user after each throw. Glaive takes DOT and eventually brakes. Especially if you use power throw a lot.

* Throwing hatchet. One hit kill. It's not like CoD was the first ones to come up with throwing projectiles. Soldier of fortune did way before.

* Laser guided mini rocket launcher. 4 barrel cluster shot all at once or one shot at a time. fallows where ever laser is pointed. projectiles are the same size as missile pod projectiles. Bring back missile pod also btw.

* gravity gun - Push/ pull/ pick/ throw objects/ - aim, charge by holding trigger and point at solid opject and be launched in opposite direction of whatever you were aiming at.

* one shot first person guided rocket launcher.

* Stun grenades - stun opposing players/ disorientate.

[bring back halo 3 weapons]

* BR obviously is back

* Carbine - no needle rifle

* SMGs - dual wield

* Maulers - dual wield

* Spikers - dual wield

* Plasma rifles/ pistols - dual wield

* Mini gun turret - Heavy

* Plasma cannon - Heavy

* Beam rifle - no focus rifle

* sentinal beam - no focus rifle

* Brute shot - no concussion rifle

* Plasma repeater shoots red plasma

* Spike and flame grenades

* Flame thrower - light not heavy - first person use.

Also, customizable weapons. Basically, I want add-ons that can be set-up in the menu screen and you can only use that add-onif you unlock it or purchase it. I don't wNt this limited to campaign but I don't want it matchmaking. Put it in campaign and custom games. It would add variety to the clan community and clan structure. PLEASE!!!

I want all the weapons do to more damage or the shields to be not as strong in the previous games. I would also want an assault rifle that is not a bull-pup style gun and the assault rifle to be more accurate unlike in the previous games. I think aiming downsights with all guns would be great along with attachments and camoflage. Sprinting should not be an armor ability either. I would like to see more credits gained in matchmaking as well. More assualt rifles, pistols (A magnum would be awesome) and another sniper rifle (Bolt-action) and another SMG or a machine pistol(Like the Glock 18) and a machete or another long bladed weapon for awesome assasinations. AI for your spartan for in-game help would be REALLY cool and you could custamize the way it looked and talked.

• Like 1

I would like flood firefight and is it's own Gametype and has many different forms that you can choose. I Also would like forgable firefight maps and we can even create our own firefight maps you guys also for living dead and infection you should have a setting to be able to change it to people are actually flood or not. And also have a big world to create maps and unlimited money and parts to use and forge with and we should be able to forge usable phantoms pelicans and covenant cruisers and human ones too and for those hav a huge map in space w/ a planet for invasion where the covenant have to destroy the human vessels and defense platforms and go on the planet destroy the generators and glass the planet. And with te second part where they go on the planets surface you guys should make a really huge world where you can go into space and from space onto the planet that is what I would like if you can do all thisit wouldbe nice but either way I'm getting halo 4 as soon as I have the money to afford it and still have money left over k thx 4 reading

I have a seperate post for this idea, but I thought it fit in here to.

=================================================

Alright, so I had this idea while playing Reach campaign, I know it may sound cheesy but when a UNSC solider dies while I’m playing campaign, I’ll stop, take a knee and bow my head next to the body as a “sign of respect.” Then I had the idea, what if there was a “Battle Rage” or ”Fallen Hero” award/bonus for doing this?

Say in a multiplayer your teammate is killed. You stop, kneel down and hold the melee button while aiming at the corps. There is a quick animation of you laying the corps in a respectful position. (Think how 117 did in Homecoming “Halo: Legends.”) In campaign he marks the body for extract and a UNSC ship comes and evacts him. Then you get an award.

Also, I thought it would be cool if you see the death and do this. You get a “Battle Rage.” That is to say 15-30 seconds of enhanced speed, melee power, agility, and unlimited ammo, to take out the enemy/opponent that killed him, with the announcer stating “Battle Rage.”

I think to keep this balanced you should only be able to get it once per teammate/once per person in a match.

Also I wanted to throughout the idea that the reason Spartans sometimes where such vibrant colors, is so other UNSC soldiers can see them on the field of battle, and be inspired. And on that note, would it be possible to have camo schemes (Desert/ACU/BDU), as well as colors, for character customization?

• Like 1

It’s probably a stupid idea and probably needs its own game being on how huge this idea is but… What about a whole new game mode away from FPS matchmaking and integrate a new game more called conquest. Conquest would be an RTS type game where you control fleets of ships instead of an individual person and there are up to teams of 8 and the game does not end until the enemies planet or base has been completely obliterated.

Or perhaps dogfights like the ones with the sabers in halo reach’s campaign or something like that. What I’m trying to get at here is a game mode that makes you feel that you not on a simple map but an evolving and massive war zone. So maybe in the FPS multiplayer maps there could be traps or security systems that the player could interact with to change the curse of battle… Like an active table turret or a stationary base defense or something along those lines. Any way I’m good now got my say in I’m happy.

Give halo its life back. Nothing much pure slayer matches without customization such as loadouts or AA's. People say it didn't ruin Reach, but I just think it made people very unhappy with the game. Power-ups should be placed on the map and should reward players who time it right once it spawns again. People shouldn't have to BR or DMR your shields to none so that the other player locking into temporary invincibility. I find that very stupid. Camo shouldn't be given at the start of a match and should not scramble your radar. If you're Invisible, you're undetectable. Plain and Simple. Sprint was cool. Every other AA can go to hell. Jetpacks were used by the people who liked to die all the time, If you want to fly up in the middle of the map, thats ok, I get a free kill.

The point of this is to get rid of ARMOR ABILITIES!

It would be awesome if they put some COD factors into Halo, like going prone, aiming down the sights, and some weapon customization. As a matter of fact, put a program in there that lets us forge our own weapons! it would also be cool if we could duck behind cover and fire from behind it.

Let us choose from multiple Species to play as like Elites, Brutes, Spartans, and Forerunners (if they are in the game, of course)

If i wanted to go play Call of Duty I'd play Call of Duty. I play Halo because I want to play Halo. Please make Halo 4 in the likes of Halo 3 and throw all Halo Reach multiplayer concepts in the trash.

• Like 1