Religious?

One

Beliefs   

31 members have voted

1. 1. What are your beliefs?

Great post by AD, but i'm with M Biggles on this, the more I knew the less I believed.

As a student in biology, I have seen many theories about our existance, clearly I believe in evolution, the proof is all there, even pope Jean-Paul II thought it made sence. The only true question is what AD adressed, and i'm no physicist, but I know the big bang theory is about matter compressing and created basic protons and neutrons as the for of hydrogen. Where this matter come from? we dont know.

If there is a god, I think we all agree that he did not create humans, but only a 1*10^(x) (x tends to infinity) % of existance.

Don't be scared, believe. Faith is not math, not science, it just is what is deep inside of you. This is my last on this post on the matter. Thank you.

To me it is very simple. We were created......created with love, to love, and to be loved. Nothing else truly matters. Do not lessen what you are with topical phrases. You love your parents, in most cases, you want to find love, you want to feel it and give it. Love is not learned. Atoms don't love, fish don't love, animals don't love. We do. If you honestly think you believe in evolution or some other path to what we are, then tell me where the energy, the first atom, the first sub particle came from. Something.......something began it all. I believe, I have faith, I am here.

I agree with that.

To me it is very simple. We were created......created with love, to love, and to be loved. Nothing else truly matters. Do not lessen what you are with topical phrases. You love your parents, in most cases, you want to find love, you want to feel it and give it. Love is not learned. Atoms don't love, fish don't love, animals don't love. We do. If you honestly think you believe in evolution or some other path to what we are, then tell me where the energy, the first atom, the first sub particle came from. Something.......something began it all. I believe, I have faith, I am here.

I respect your belief, but you want us to tell you where energy originally came from, doesn't make much sense. No one has the answer, we have to base our beliefs on what's most likely, what has most underlying proof. To me, this is obviously evolution and science. Not some fairy tale passed down from generations, again; my opinion, don't be offended.

Atheist, most of my disbelief come from common sense and proven history. I used to be strong believer in Christianity but as i got smarter and crazier i began to have doubts. I just can't believe that so many people will go to hell just because they never even got the opportunity to worship christ. The bible says all men were created equal, but it seems that most men are created condemned.

• Like 1

Atheist, most of my disbelief come from common sense and proven history. I used to be strong believer in Christianity but as i got smarter and crazier i began to have doubts. I just can't believe that so many people will go to hell just because they never even got the opportunity to worship christ. The bible says all men were created equal, but it seems that most men are created condemned.

Well put.

In a sense you are right, all men are created equal, we are all born into sin(Born into sin ref. Romans 5:12). "9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God?...(1 Corinth.6:9)", Sin can't enter heaven, therefore we are all in a sense, as you say, condemned.

"...But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ..."(1 Corinth 6:11) But through Christ we are changed and given eternal life as long as we believe and accept him (also Romans 5:19, John 3:16).

BTW, I am not trying to force my opinion, I am just explaining my side. I do respect your choice.

• Like 3

^Why I'm not Christian anymore. I used to be, but the whole thing about people going to hell because they don't "believe" contradicts the message about how the Christian god loves everyone. Not trying to offend anyone, but that's just what I think.

^Why I'm not Christian anymore. I used to be, but the whole thing about people going to hell because they don't "believe" contradicts the message about how the Christian god loves everyone. Not trying to offend anyone, but that's just what I think.

Doesn't contradict. Someone breaks a law and they get sent to prison, it is a punishment. Compare to God and what it says in the Bible, He is a just God and there is punishments if we do wrong or break a law(ie: hell). He won't automatically forgive us, He wants us to ask for it. He loves us enough to offer us forgiveness. But if we don't ask then it is our own fault, we are sending ourselves to Hell. God's not sending us there, He gave us the option/choice to not go but we deny it.

Again, just offering my side and how I see it.

I respect your choice to not. Not my place to tell you what you should or should not believe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't believe in anything (I mean anything) but I do like the thought of having a place to go when you die and I'd like to think that when you think about someone who has passed away in your life who was important, that the person is somehow still with you. Of course I'd like to think that but another part of me knows it's crazy. I personally think that the bible is a bunch of bulls***, I mean people take every word in that book and throw it out there as if it's a fact. I'm not going to bash religion but religion is a main factor that has played a big part in this world with causing conflicts against eachother, as in death. Us humans came up with the bible, it doesn't mean that anything in that bible is truth, for all we know it's a bunch of made up stories.

Note: If you don't like anything I said above don't go getting all pissy with me, it's my viewpoint of the said subject.

I personally think that the bible is a bunch of bulls***, I mean people take every word in that book and throw it out there as if it's a fact.

Us humans came up with the bible, it doesn't mean that anything in that bible is truth, for all we know it's a bunch of made up stories.

For the first statement in the quote: On a believers side, I do see it as truth.

Second: The Bible explains itself if people were to ever take the time to read and find out. Everything in the Bible has been ordained by God, first half tells about his people and the struggles they encounter... (about 70% in the first half). In the New Testament (second half) they are accounts of God's son here on earth, and the people that encountered and spent time with him.

The things Jesus(God's son) taught are not BAD things. They are actually good. He teaches things like being slow to anger, not being selfish, forgiveness, true love, marriage, and other things. He also taught about who He was, and what His purpose on earth was for.

I am not getting all pissy, just stating my side on that opinion.

BTW, I do have respect for you.

For the first statement in the quote: On a believers side, I do see it as truth.

Second: The Bible explains itself if people were to ever take the time to read and find out. Everything in the Bible has been ordained by God, first half tells about his people and the struggles they encounter... (about 70% in the first half). In the New Testament (second half) they are accounts of God's son here on earth, and the people that encountered and spent time with him.

The things Jesus(God's son) taught are not BAD things. They are actually good. He teaches things like being slow to anger, not being selfish, forgiveness, true love, marriage, and other things. He also taught about who He was, and what His purpose on earth was for.

I am not getting all pissy, just stating my side on that opinion.

BTW, I do have respect for you.

That's fair enough, I don't doubt that there's a lot of good in the bible. Though I'm sticking to my opinion about religion, I must say the bible is a pointless thing to have in the first place. There's too much Bulls*** in the bible, people tend to take it all down as a fact even if it doesn't make any logical sense.

I have the same exact thoughts.