camping a legit strategy or just being a bitch

gruntslayer

The camper sometimes with the accuary of tex or wastes a whole mag trying to kill you. all i know is that we have all been or encounted one before in our halo lives spartans or elites alike. Now on alot of maps i will admit that i have been a camper on many a game not just halo. now to the matter at hand campers, campers god dam campers now is this a legit strategy or is it just being a little *****. Now i want everyones ideas on this one so tell everyone.

so tell me are you camper or spartan grunt slayer is spartan.

gruntslayer out...

personally I've always thought of Halo as a non camping game, in general I don't approve of it but it's a lifestyle choice (no pun intended) and people will do what they want and you'll become better for dealing with that

armor lock is seen by a lot of people as a bs AA, that on the other hand I have a problem with because camping is going to happen anywhere but armor lock is a very defensive AA and i'd rather see offensive or neutral ones rather than people jumping up and punching my face repeatedly

It's dependent on situation sometimes. If you have a sniper rifle your supposed to sit and murder anything that roves into your field of vision. But, sitting in one spot for five minutes tends to take a bit fun out of the game.

I've on occasion on 4 player FFA with friends sat around in a corner and just waited for somebody to come by just to be funny, with the grenade launcher on CoD that gets even funnier, but you know the crew your with and it's all in good fun.

Even grifball some spawn camping is expected, as long as it can be limited to just long enough to get the bomb to the goal. Beyond that your just being an ass.

The problem with camping is if you sit long enough in one spot eventually someone will figure it out and come at you from the other direction and ruin your spree. But then again that's the sign of a strategic player to outthink the opponent.

If your opponent keeps walking into the same trap then it is in part on them.

I would prefer it if my teammates who weren't doing so well would camp, to be utterly honest. It really ticks me off when I go +30 and still lose because my teammates either suck or are having a really off day.

have to point this out, this is a good example of why camping isn't a real strategy. It's useful for regaining your composure or avoiding death in the clutch, in other words it allows a player to take the element of surprise to the extreme and provides total awareness. But what did the Director just imply about those players who should do it: they are costing the team points and should sit it out or provide backdoor coverage for awhile. This doesn't mean you have no skill it just means you have less than is apt for the current situation.

Gametypes change the nature of this role but on slayer I find it obnoxious and a little cowardly to be frank.

If you suspect someone is tailing you and you wait in cover for them and kill someone unrelated that's one thing but waiting around until the first person you camped comes back to kill you strikes me as defeating the purpose of a game. Like I said, it's a personal choice

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The main point to this argument was already made. If your a stupid enough player to keep walking into the trap or camped spot to begin with, then who is to blame? Oh what...it's the other guys fault your teammate walked into his shotgun?!? Please. We have all camped and trying to contradict it is useless...you all know you have done it at one point or anther. I find it extremely sad and hilarious that it's fine when everyone else does it and benefits them, but the second it's done to effect you negatively...the "f-in camper" comments come flying out.

Camping is a strategy. Defeating a camper takes a greater strategy. Case in point...do you think real soldiers go around talking about how it's unfair their lost the Vietnam War because the Koreans would camp in ditches and tunnels? Nope...they were looked at as smart, and intuitive for using their environment to their advantage. Camping is and always will be around...get used to it, or go home crying!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

i like camping somtimes i doint becaues yheres a camper with a sniper rirle and camo its annoying

Translation: I like camping sometimes, but however I don't when there's an active-camo spartan with a sniper rifle. It's annoying.

-----Please insert coin for another translation-----

• Like 1

there is a difference between camping and sniping which most people don't realize...

camping you are sitting there waiting for a kill up close usually with a sword, shotgun, rocket launcher or other hard hitting close range weapon, which requires little to no skill at all to get a kill with, unless trying it on an avid halo gamer

sniping, you sit and wait for a target who you then have to use skill, or just fire until you hit him twice, to get a headshot or just kill him with 2 shots..

sniping is a skill you perfect, camping is just for lazy people who would rather have people come to them then get into the action and see just how good they really are...

anyways thats my opinion on the matter..

• Like 1

It's only a "strategy" if you stay in one position for a short amount of time to come up with a plan of sorts, if you just stay there for ages then clearly it's not a real "Strategy", your just not good enought to play the game properly and are to scared to help out ou teammates, so you hide. If I camp, it would only be because I'm either underfire, I'm waiting for my teammates to get closer to me or I'm waiting for an opportunity. Though keeping in mind I don't camp for long, 20 seconds max.

• Like 1