The Official "Why Am I Banned Thread".

Absolute Dog

Due to Bungie.net statistics being offline and Waypoints statistics and game information not being user friendly I will no longer attempted to assist banned players with reasons and lengths for bans.

If you have been banned, credit banned or otherwise unable to play for whatever reason, post what you feel occurred or did not occur, your gamer tag (GT) and the date the ban was implemented.

This will allow for a moderator review of your account and response. Please not not all responses will be immediate, but will addressed as soon as possible.

I have now borrowed from Destyran's thread the list of ban offenses. He took the time to compile this list and it needs to be seen in the ban thread. Thanks for your work Destyran.

Here is a list of things that make the Banhammer wallop the good, the bad, and the outright hackers.

Bannable offences:

10 min Matchmaking ban:

once you quit to many times you will be given a 10 min ban from MM and a notification, once you recieve this notification you will get a 10 min ban every time you quit. You cannot quit for three days to get rid of this.

24 hour ban from earning credits:

you will get this notification "you have been temporarily banned from earning credits". This ban is from boosting doing naughty things.

--------------------------------------------------------

(NEW!! If you change your locale this can get you credit banned. I was stunned when this happened (I changed it for unrelated reasons) so I did some investigating in another account and found that it removes your credit cap for the day and lets you continue earning credits. You can only change your locale to reset your cap once and not get banned, two times your out cold from the ban hammer.

I hope this helps some of the higher ranks.

--------------------------------------------------------

1 week ban from earning credits:

you will get this notification" you have been temoprarily banned from earning credits for one week" or its something like that i know the message slightly differs from the 24-hour ban notification.

You will get this from reipeat offending ie. continuing to be naughty or for first time offence.

2 week ban from earning credits:

the notification is the same as the 24-hour ban notification. You will get this from repeat offending ie. continuing to be naughty.

4 week ban from earning credits:

the notification is the same as the 24-hour ban notification. You will get this bann for repeat offending ie. being very naughty.

Credit and rank reset:

you will only get this for ******** them off by getting banned so much and doing those 'naughty' things.

Matchmaking ban:

you will be banned from matchmaking for set period you get this for extremly naughty things like hacking and using a 'j-tag'

Console/perma-banned:

you will be banned from playing reach on your xbox forever. Ie hacking.

Auto-muted:

You will be auto-muted after a set amount of players mute you. Remember those people who have already been muted, are muted for a reason.

I am going to tell you what some of those naughty things are for your OWN saftey.

1: Challenge/Commendation resetting.

2: Commendation boosting.

3: Griffball and Invasion boosting.

4: AFKing firefight will get you banned.

5: Signing out a guest in firefight pre-game lobby to 'solo' will get you banned.

6: Offline credit mods or any mods (aim-bot including) will get you banned.

If you attempt any of these things YOU WILL BE BANNED!!!

And that is pretty much everything on bans as best to my knowledge please feel free to correct me on my errors and mistakes.

Hope this helps! =)

Note: you may get Cr banned for a week on your first time offense.

Due to Bungie.net statistics being offline and Waypoints statistics and game information not being user friendly I will no longer attempted to assist banned players with reasons and lengths for bans.

Edited by Absolute Dog
added Destyran's list of ban offenses.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How is this at all related to halo reach lol?

It is related to Reach when we say it is. If your are unable to realize what game people are being banned from, you might need rethink your comments. - Absolute Dog

Edited by Absolute Dog
Because I say it is, that's why!

Yea I know that mr.welldone but there are better places on this site then in the halo reach forum halo forums are meant for stuff about halo not random stuff like this topic makes no sence at all what is the point of this lol? and please no mr.wise guy comments if u cant say it normally then don't say it at all.

You apparently didn't know that since you asked how it was related to Halo: Reach. =/ The point of this thread is for people to find out why they were banned in Halo: Reach. So yea, it does make sense. What would be a better place for a thread for Halo: Reach bans than the Halo: Reach section?

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing XBox with my family live account, and my wife, and two children joined. WE have been temporary credit banned twice for what I assume is my wife and daughters poor playing and 0 kills. They're trying to learn, but sad that the console and all accounts get banned, while two players are trying to learn. You've done a good job of preventing two people from ever being future halo users.

I was playing XBox with my family live account, and my wife, and two children joined. WE have been temporary credit banned twice for what I assume is my wife and daughters poor playing and 0 kills. They're trying to learn, but sad that the console and all accounts get banned, while two players are trying to learn. You've done a good job of preventing two people from ever being future halo users.

GT : DethDAle, DethLISa, KJDEThkids, DOUbleDBAr

GT : DethDAle, DethLISa, KJDEThkids, DOUbleDBAr

I understand and appreciate your issues with the ban. It is not ours though. We are able to look up the reason for bans by reviewing accounts. I know how fun it is in match making, but please consider playing a custom game. You can show them all the skills they need and have fun as a family. I will always add new players to one of my accounts friends list and work with them to teach them the ropes. I will PM (private message) you one of my accounts and you can send a friend request there. I play with a fun, mature group that enjoys helping new players and we are kid friendly, as most have youngsters of their own.

• Like 2

I have been an active gamer for multiple years and pride myself in sportmanship and honesty in playing. Recently, my children became old enough to join the Halo family and I purchased a XBOX Live family account adding my two children and my wife to my account. To my disappointment, the ability to play Halo online with my family was quickly tarnished by a credit ban placed on all 4 of our accounts and my console. Apparently, my children and wife who are newer at the game and are still challenged at gaining kills appear as AFK according to the automated ban process used in the games. We even set the "skill" option to find players of comparable skiill to be turned on. My children were disheartened and my wife was frustrated. Even worse is that I received zero warning by XBOX, Bungie, Online or 343. I had no idea why it happened, and took hours of research to begin unravelling this issue. Please consider other variables to more accurately determine fraud on the system. My wife and children actively, move, shoot, change weapons, reload, throw grenades and other various actions that would certainly dictate them not as AFK. Please change this automated net, or we risk losing the future of young gamers if the difference between a novice player and one committing fraud is non distinguishable.

Gamer Tag : DethDale, DethLisa, DoubleBar, KJDethKids

• Like 3

I have been an active gamer for multiple years and pride myself in sportmanship and honesty in playing. Recently, my children became old enough to join the Halo family and I purchased a XBOX Live family account adding my two children and my wife to my account. To my disappointment, the ability to play Halo online with my family was quickly tarnished by a credit ban placed on all 4 of our accounts and my console. Apparently, my children and wife who are newer at the game and are still challenged at gaining kills appear as AFK according to the automated ban process used in the games. We even set the "skill" option to find players of comparable skiill to be turned on. My children were disheartened and my wife was frustrated. Even worse is that I received zero warning by XBOX, Bungie, Online or 343. I had no idea why it happened, and took hours of research to begin unravelling this issue. Please consider other variables to more accurately determine fraud on the system. My wife and children actively, move, shoot, change weapons, reload, throw grenades and other various actions that would certainly dictate them not as AFK. Please change this automated net, or we risk losing the future of young gamers if the difference between a novice player and one committing fraud is non distinguishable.

Gamer Tag : DethDale, DethLisa, DoubleBar, KJDethKids

I agree with you. That said, here are some tips to avoid more bans in future situations.

1. Play custom games with your wife and kids, and try to make friends (ones that you trust who are better at the game than you) and play with them in a custom game as well. This will allow your wife and children to learn and get better at the game, without incurring the wrath of the banhammer.

2. Have them play through the campaign (single or cooperatively). This will give them more of a feel for the gameplay. Have them do it once on easy, and move up a difficulty until they can do it on Heroic. If they can beat the campaign on Heroic, then they will definitely be able to get at least one or two kills in matchmaking.

3. Do not underestimate the power of playing firefight. The covenant will teach them to aim for heads, as well as how to drop an enemies shield.

Do 2 and 3 in the main menu, rather than in matchmaking to avoid the banhammer if they have a bit of a fail. Also, if you see them do something that is a large, yet funny, fail, be sure to save a clip of it in the theater and upload it to your fileshare and share it with the rest of us :)

• Like 1

too many games with 0 kills, no one is that bad that they cant get 0 kills. Im no expert on Halo Reach and I can even get a kill or 2 lol

may I recommend custom games to practice.

The problem with the banhammer is that it cant distinguish between a player who is realy bad - constant 0 kills and a player that is not playing (AFK)

Your a Captain, so you should have some idea how to play this game, and be able to get some kills, if this is your first offence, then it will possibly be 24hours. although without checking through your game history, ask yourself this question, how many games did i get no kills or AFK, if the answer is a lot, then the ban could be 1 or 2 weeks depending on how many games you got 0 kills,

If you are that bad, then play firefight, its a good way to practice using the weapons, you can earn a lot of credits, you will get kills, so wont get banned unless you do AFK.

@Absolute Dog

I really like the the fact that you are taking time out of your day to investigate the bans players have received. They might only be legit 1% of the time but i am still pleased about it, so keep up the good work.

P.s its fun when you get to catch out someone who cries wolf, I know the feeling.

• Like 1

Gamertag: Talshina

I received a temporary ban this morning while a group of us was doing achievement work and had several afk controllers.

I am not challenging, I just wish to verify the time frame of the ban if it's not too much trouble.

Thank you