The Official "Why Am I Banned Thread".

Absolute Dog

Gamertag: Talshina

I received a temporary ban this morning while a group of us was doing achievement work and had several afk controllers.

I am not challenging, I just wish to verify the time frame of the ban if it's not too much trouble.

Thank you

If I had to guess, I would say it was http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=905379437&player=Talshina this game or http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=905454512&player=Talshina this one that incurred the wrath of the banhammer.

hi my gamer tag is BMQuickshoT plz un credit ban me i buy every halo thing i love halo this is my first time i game all day to

First off I am sure that Bungie and MS are glad you spend so much money on their products, that does not mean however that you can simply go AFK during match making. It is obvious that you know how to play the game, but appears that you and your friend have repeatedly gone AFK, simply not played, or played briefly in numerous matches. If this is your first offense the ban will only be in place for approximately 24 hours.

Gamer Tag: Lexster905 - Ban = Temporarily Banned from earning Credits. This ban began on the evening of 19Jan2012, EST.

This is a new game for my 9 year old. She has been playing for ~ three weeks and is learning the game. She plays with her Aunt and a select group of experienced players who are online friends of my sister (her Aunt) for safety precautions. They play nightfall daily to help her learn the parameters of the game and advance her skills. Her Aunt says they "SPAWN" on her.

My daughter was very excited to learn the game and is now very dissapointed that she cannot earn credits along with everyone else. This temporary Ban has been going on for six days now. We have no idea why she was banned from earning credits or how long this ban will take.

I would hope that this will be resolved ASAP with an explanation of what the infingement was, if any, so that she can avoid it in the future.

As a consumer, I am highly unsatisfied with this type of unprofessional communication. I shouldn't have to guess why a game that I paid $50 dollars for is now limited for what I can see, is no violation at all. It would be a good business move to include the reason and the extent of "penalties" assessed. I purchased the Xbox and Xbox LIVE and Halo purely for the purpose of my child being able to connect wtih the group online which she has been playing with. Currently, I feel as if it was a waste of $600. I am hoping you can resolve my frustration and buyers remorse and turn it into a positive experience for all of us.

Looking forward to your reply,

Frustrated Consumer

My child is experiencing this exact same issue. I can only assume her credit ban is from having zero kills as she plays with an advanced group of players, runs, changes guns, shoots, etc...no bad language of any kind is allowed and "respectful" play is a must for this group. I agree with you whole heartedly DethDale, this type of banning can be better managed....

Frustrated parent (consumer)

Gamer Tag: Lexster905 - Ban = Temporarily Banned from earning Credits. This ban began on the evening of 19Jan2012, EST.

This is a new game for my 9 year old. She has been playing for ~ three weeks and is learning the game. She plays with her Aunt and a select group of experienced players who are online friends of my sister (her Aunt) for safety precautions. They play nightfall daily to help her learn the parameters of the game and advance her skills. Her Aunt says they "SPAWN" on her.

My daughter was very excited to learn the game and is now very dissapointed that she cannot earn credits along with everyone else. This temporary Ban has been going on for six days now. We have no idea why she was banned from earning credits or how long this ban will take.

I would hope that this will be resolved ASAP with an explanation of what the infingement was, if any, so that she can avoid it in the future.

As a consumer, I am highly unsatisfied with this type of unprofessional communication. I shouldn't have to guess why a game that I paid $50 dollars for is now limited for what I can see, is no violation at all. It would be a good business move to include the reason and the extent of "penalties" assessed. I purchased the Xbox and Xbox LIVE and Halo purely for the purpose of my child being able to connect wtih the group online which she has been playing with. Currently, I feel as if it was a waste of $600. I am hoping you can resolve my frustration and buyers remorse and turn it into a positive experience for all of us.

Looking forward to your reply,

Frustrated Consumer

Lester I could not agree and empathize more with your situation. I can see the patterns in play, game types and weapon of destruction overall and can see a true novice player on that account. I have a long history in my posts of being one who speaks out against the auto ban system not having the ability to discern between a novice, or inexperienced player, and one who takes advantage of the system. This game, more than any other in the series, was created with the novice player in mind and seems to punish the very ones they attempted to bring into the Halo "fold". We were all noobs and and mostly all could not hit the broad side of a Wraith from 10 feet away with a Rocket. I will again "pin" this a thread I created on behalf of players like your daughter and parents like you and DethDale and see if or forum members are willing to offer some support. You can select the word "story" I have typed in the color cyan for the link to the story. Please post your story again there as politely and with the same information so members and others may see what the ban system is doing to newer players. Thank you for your post.

Right now I am not pleased with bungie and their bans.

About 5 monthes ago Ii was banned for leveling to fast, when even people who didn't know me vouched that I wasn't cheating. But, all the support people did was bascially tell me that they won't do anything about it. So I got a account banned simply for doing a good job of playing and leveling. Thank god EA doesn't ban for that, since I played so much that I got all the ranks and weapons within a week of having the game.

Now, I have that temp ban from match making because last night I left 3 games in a row due to being placed in the same game as a glitcher and boosters 3 times in a row. Yet i am the one that gets punished for refusing to play with them, now if that isn't stupid I do not know what is. Now if I go into match making and leave 1 game I get another temp ban which is absurd. Granted, the temp ban is supposed to stop the asshats that leave for no reason, but I paid $60 I should be able to leave any game I please and not have to deal with this crap.

Simply put, I don't play match making anymore because of this. Bungie tends to ruin everything they get their grimy little hands on someway or another.

• Like 1

i was credit banned when me and my fiance started playen halo i have been a halo fan since halo 1 its my favorite game and i have never had this happen to me she does good some games and others se doesnt do good at all in i think that the halo reach credit ban is the stupidest ban in the world and i am frustrated as is my fiance i wish there was a number i could call rather then having to post on forums or at least talk live in a party on xbox live but how can a multi millionare business not afford a fone really i have a fone does that mean i can byuy halo and wit his being said brangs me to i would just like to gain credits so me and my fiance can play again and ive been trown around between xbox and bungie for a week now and finnally got told to come here it be much abliged if i could just get my stuff back to normal and i agree competly wit the posts of death dale that if ur system cant tell the difference then dont have it and i pay to play this game by getten a live gold membership and this is in fact against the constitutionary rites of americans and i ether what my profile un able to be banned for this in the future or all my money back for my xbox live membership and free for life oterwise im going to ps3 and never buying anything for xbox or even halo again i have tons of halo mercandise in my house i and im 21 yrs old so i have every rite to say this and if anything happens to my accounts again i will be furious and call xbox and complain about this and i will even give u my number so u can call me personally about this matter but the gamer tags that have been banned are

bobdolestain07

hottie62458

tank youy and im sry about the frustration i am a very nice guy but i love gameing always ave and always will so plz do this for me i dont wana have to go and by a bunch of new stuff

thank you

eric harrison, aka

bobdolestaint07

p.s. i got banned once on friday jan 19th 2012 and again sat jan 20th 2012 ty

My gamertag is imCr42yR0gue

I was credit reset around a year ago, without any warning (24 hour ban etc)

I did afk a few firefight games and I did commendation boost (the target locater one)

Does this warrant a reset? If you find something else on my profile that may be the reason why I was reset, id like to know. Thanks

Hi

My boyfriend has received a credit ban and we are unsure of the reason his GT is Count Lodgeular.

I was playing with him yesterday as a guest to see if I enjoy the game enough to buy it for myself which I have done today. I accept I was a pretty pants player as I have never played before but is this reason he has been banned? If so its brutally unfair as at no point was I afk I just died lots.

Also my GT is KinglyMusician if needed.

Thanks

KinglyMusician

Kinglymusician

The ban hammer effects the whole console.

If its first offence it will be 24 hours.

Unfortunately the ban hammer can't distinguish between a bad / beginner and a player that is just standing there.

After the ban is lifted I can only recommend either playing custom games to practise or let the beginner play score attack, they are on there own, and it will hastily improve there aim, as mentioned above don't under estimate the power of score attack and firefight to help improve there aim and technique.

Tbh i think the temp bans for leaving is absurd. Give me the deranking and i wouldn't care, because at least within that 10 minutes i would be able to get the rank back. I mean last time i checked banning someone was to be used against the rules or something, and leaving a game because you don't want to play with certain people should not be "against the rules". But tbh we're kicking a dead horse since this will probably be in halo 4 as well.

I keep getting my accounts banned from matchmaking because i quit rocket race. I can't help i hate that gametype with a passion, is it really that big of a deal to ban for only quitting rocket race? Its not even a real gametype in my opinion and it doesn't make a difference in the gametype if people quit out. I love multi-team so im always sucked into stupid rocket races

I keep getting my accounts banned from matchmaking because i quit rocket race. I can't help i hate that gametype with a passion, is it really that big of a deal to ban for only quitting rocket race? Its not even a real gametype in my opinion and it doesn't make a difference in the gametype if people quit out. I love multi-team so im always sucked into stupid rocket races

The quit ban for the most part has a good foundation. For example, you say you like multi-team and probably have your favorite game types. How would you like it if every time your favorites came up 1 or 2 team mates quit every single time? I rarely play Reach alone and would never quit a game on a friend and have only left a game deliberately on a few rare occasions that required me to. I have won numerous matches short of a team mate and out of simple respect to the other team, I fight on, giving them my best fight. I find quitting a game because you don't like it or because others quit to be poor sportsmanship.

I think you get why you are getting banned, so I don't really need to address the "why", but if there was no quit ban and few honorable players, the match making would end up a joke in the end with players only staying in games they choose to play. You can't have a hundred play lists to appease everybody, so you might as well play the few unwanted games on occasion rather than be continually banned.

DethDale

The exact same thing happened to my console, only all four of us, me, my wife and two children, were banned from earning credit. I have spent each evening of the last four days trying to find out why. I am really mad that all novice players are punished like criminals for being novice players.

Can anyone here tell the novice players of Halo how to not get banned? I dont even understand what the term AFK means!

Gamer Tag: GaerinKyle

DethDale

The exact same thing happened to my console, only all four of us, me, my wife and two children, were banned from earning credit. I have spent each evening of the last four days trying to find out why. I am really mad that all novice players are punished like criminals for being novice players.

Can anyone here tell the novice players of Halo how to not get banned? I dont even understand what the term AFK means!

Gamer Tag: GaerinKyle

AFK is an initialism for "Away from keyboard". Some use it, while others use AFC (Away from console). An AFK/AFCer is someone who is away from their computer/console (in this case console) during a match, and isn't playing. They're doing something else and not contributing to the game in any positive way. They can cost a team the victory, or eat up the lives pool in Firefight games. The banhammer apparently can't seem to differentiate between a terrible player and someone who is AFK/AFC. Getting a score of 0 (maybe even just a few kills) and dying a lot might result in the person being mistakingly banned for "AFK/AFCing". Since the banhammer can't seem to tell if someone is not playing or just being a terrible player, I'd recommend just practicing in custom games/Firefight until you can really get a hang of the game. You'll be able to play with your family all you want, and not have to worry about being banned. You can also invite any friends who play the game to the matches and have fun with them as well. Heck, I'll gladly play with you all if you decide to do this. I know that you'd probably like to play matchmaking, but because of what I stated above, I'd recommend playing customs and/or Firefight until you can learn to really hold your own and such. I really hope this helped!

I had a question concerning the length of a ban I currently have on. Me and my partner set up a full game so no one else could join, him and his 3 guests and me with my three guests. In these matches, we went for earning some of the more annoying achievements for online that would have been luck/over time based. I'm not surprised by this ban. I remember I believe Bungie not having too much of a problem with this as long as no one who legit was trying to play was being bothered, but with switching companies, I didn't know the new standing on the rule. My question is this: After maybe a day or so, my partner's ban on credits lifted, allowing him to play and gain like normal. Several days have passed and mine still remains, yet we were together doing this the whole time and both doing the same actions. I'm not aware of ever getting any bans or warnings or anything before in Reach, since I generally never quit and this is the 1st time in here that I've boosted (online, offline did campaign boosting, but no hacking of any sorts). So why an extra amount of time on my ban? Thanks for your time.

GT:ShadowKnight4

Partners GT (just in case of any verification needed): I AM WAR 3485

GT= OMEGA2985. I was playing FF M walked away a couple times to get drinks, go potty and/or deal with neices and nephews, I even turned off my console when I got back so I wouldn't get banned and when I turned it back on I was banned. RKOSNAKE told me I was banned forever. Why/how am I banned forever? It isn't a major offense AND I haven't been warned 10 times... I just paid for my 3 month membership less than 2 months ago JUST so I can earn credits and now I can't earn them. Can a 343 employee please tell me if I REALLY am banned permanently? And is there a way to get it reversed? Demotion of rank class or something? PLEEEEEAAASE!? I would really appreciate it as I live in the middle of nowhere and have nothing else to do but play Halo Reach in my free-time. Thank you for your time.

If you have been banned, credit banned or otherwise unable to play for whatever reason, post what you fell occurred or did not occur, your gamer tag (GT) and the date the ban was implemented.

This will allow for a moderator review of your account and response. Please not not all responses will be immediate, but will addressed as soon as possible.

I have now borrowed from Destyran's thread the list of ban offenses. He took the time to compile this list and it needs to be seen in the ban thread. Thanks for your work Destyran.

Here is a list of things that make the Banhammer wallop the good, the bad, and the outright hackers.

Bannable offences:

10 min Matchmaking ban:

once you quit to many times you will be given a 10 min ban from MM and a notification, once you recieve this notification you will get a 10 min ban every time you quit. You cannot quit for three days to get rid of this.

24 hour ban from earning credits:

you will get this notification "you have been temporarily banned from earning credits". This ban is from boosting doing naughty things.

--------------------------------------------------------

(NEW!! If you change your locale this can get you credit banned. I was stunned when this happened (I changed it for unrelated reasons) so I did some investigating in another account and found that it removes your credit cap for the day and lets you continue earning credits. You can only change your locale to reset your cap once and not get banned, two times your out cold from the ban hammer.

I hope this helps some of the higher ranks.

--------------------------------------------------------

1 week ban from earning credits:

you will get this notification" you have been temoprarily banned from earning credits for one week" or its something like that i know the message slightly differs from the 24-hour ban notification.

You will get this from reipeat offending ie. continuing to be naughty or for first time offence.

2 week ban from earning credits:

the notification is the same as the 24-hour ban notification. You will get this from repeat offending ie. continuing to be naughty.

4 week ban from earning credits:

the notification is the same as the 24-hour ban notification. You will get this bann for repeat offending ie. being very naughty.

Credit and rank reset:

you will only get this for ******** them off by getting banned so much and doing those 'naughty' things.

Matchmaking ban:

you will be banned from matchmaking for set period you get this for extremly naughty things like hacking and using a 'j-tag'

Console/perma-banned:

you will be banned from playing reach on your xbox forever. Ie hacking.

Auto-muted:

You will be auto-muted after a set amount of players mute you. Remember those people who have already been muted, are muted for a reason.

I am going to tell you what some of those naughty things are for your OWN saftey.

1: Challenge/Commendation resetting.

2: Commendation boosting.

3: Griffball and Invasion boosting.

4: AFKing firefight will get you banned.

5: Signing out a guest in firefight pre-game lobby to 'solo' will get you banned.

6: Offline credit mods or any mods (aim-bot including) will get you banned.

If you attempt any of these things YOU WILL BE BANNED!!!

And that is pretty much everything on bans as best to my knowledge please feel free to correct me on my errors and mistakes.

Hope this helps! =)

Note: you may get Cr banned for a week on your first time offense.

Rage quitting. That's what I call it lol.