The Official "Why Am I Banned Thread".

Absolute Dog

Everyone does naughty things, but they aren't all on that list if you know what i mean.

Hi,

One of my friends get banned time ago. He get banned credit and rank reset we thing that this banned was for earning credits in firefight for completing the match (but not playing during the match).

I think this is unfair because he might had win 200,000 credits doing this but he have win in total 4,000,000 credits in challenges, matchmaking ( permited terms) and that is the 5% and loosing all for that is unfair.

Okay here is my question is my friend able to get back the credits and rank that he win from in permited conditions?

Friend gamer tag: thecowboybebop

This weekend i went home to one of my friend and downloaded my gamer profile to his console and we started playing some halo reach like any other day, arcadefight, swat, team doubles, regular game. Next day when i got home i downloaded my gamer profile to my own console i it said that my gamertag was banned from eaning credits for 2 weeks. I spoke to my friend and he said that his console was banned from earning credits for 2 weeks. We have no idea why like i said we played normal games. Please help.

My gamertag: x MORTON x

Friends gamertag: Anthillezz

EDIT: we did a couple of custom challenges

hey i got banned for doing what i do not know. i just talked to bungie and they said to come to you.

heres some info:

GT:M3NT4L P1R4HN4

banned date-3-11-12

don't know how long the ban is

got 2 credit jackpots that day and played for about 8 hours and was banned just after getting a double kill and almost a triple:(

want to play right away and wondering if the ban can be lifted

hey i got banned for doing what i do not know. i just talked to bungie and they said to come to you.

heres some info:

GT:M3NT4L P1R4HN4

banned date-3-11-12

don't know how long the ban is

got 2 credit jackpots that day and played for about 8 hours and was banned just after getting a double kill and almost a triple:(

want to play right away and wondering if the ban can be lifted

Is this a credit ban or a ban from match making?

If you have been banned, credit banned or otherwise unable to play for whatever reason, post what you fell occurred or did not occur, your gamer tag (GT) and the date the ban was implemented.

This will allow for a moderator review of your account and response. Please not not all responses will be immediate, but will addressed as soon as possible.

I have now borrowed from Destyran's thread the list of ban offenses. He took the time to compile this list and it needs to be seen in the ban thread. Thanks for your work Destyran.

Here is a list of things that make the Banhammer wallop the good, the bad, and the outright hackers.

Bannable offences:

10 min Matchmaking ban:

once you quit to many times you will be given a 10 min ban from MM and a notification, once you recieve this notification you will get a 10 min ban every time you quit. You cannot quit for three days to get rid of this.

24 hour ban from earning credits:

you will get this notification "you have been temporarily banned from earning credits". This ban is from boosting doing naughty things.

--------------------------------------------------------

(NEW!! If you change your locale this can get you credit banned. I was stunned when this happened (I changed it for unrelated reasons) so I did some investigating in another account and found that it removes your credit cap for the day and lets you continue earning credits. You can only change your locale to reset your cap once and not get banned, two times your out cold from the ban hammer.

I hope this helps some of the higher ranks.

--------------------------------------------------------

1 week ban from earning credits:

you will get this notification" you have been temoprarily banned from earning credits for one week" or its something like that i know the message slightly differs from the 24-hour ban notification.

You will get this from reipeat offending ie. continuing to be naughty or for first time offence.

2 week ban from earning credits:

the notification is the same as the 24-hour ban notification. You will get this from repeat offending ie. continuing to be naughty.

4 week ban from earning credits:

the notification is the same as the 24-hour ban notification. You will get this bann for repeat offending ie. being very naughty.

Credit and rank reset:

you will only get this for ******** them off by getting banned so much and doing those 'naughty' things.

Matchmaking ban:

you will be banned from matchmaking for set period you get this for extremly naughty things like hacking and using a 'j-tag'

Console/perma-banned:

you will be banned from playing reach on your xbox forever. Ie hacking.

Auto-muted:

You will be auto-muted after a set amount of players mute you. Remember those people who have already been muted, are muted for a reason.

I am going to tell you what some of those naughty things are for your OWN saftey.

1: Challenge/Commendation resetting.

2: Commendation boosting.

3: Griffball and Invasion boosting.

4: AFKing firefight will get you banned.

5: Signing out a guest in firefight pre-game lobby to 'solo' will get you banned.

6: Offline credit mods or any mods (aim-bot including) will get you banned.

If you attempt any of these things YOU WILL BE BANNED!!!

And that is pretty much everything on bans as best to my knowledge please feel free to correct me on my errors and mistakes.

Hope this helps! =)

Note: you may get Cr banned for a week on your first time offense.

I M DooMknight(which is also my Gamertag) was banned wednesday March 14 I am still banned from earning credits but I have one idea why... though I am not sure if they could ban me for that I didn't receive a message it just said "You are banned from earning any credits" I didn't see anything besides that it told me that in the middle of an infection match on Asylum.

I M DooMknight(which is also my Gamertag) was banned wednesday March 14 I am still banned from earning credits but I have one idea why... though I am not sure if they could ban me for that I didn't receive a message it just said "You are banned from earning any credits" I didn't see anything besides that it told me that in the middle of an infection match on Asylum.

Can they ban you for helping out your guest to get some kills? Because I had one infection match my guest was last man standing... I was a zombie just standing near him pointing out where the zombies were coming from... I don't know if I could get banned for that...because that was all I did. :(

Old Guy00 and family all credit banned. No possible reason we do not boost etc. Internet problems have caused us to end mid game which results in 10 minute - but this is not nor ever has been intentional (Hate Cogeco!!!) Playing last night - all good - when tried to log on today noted that we are credit banned :(

Update So far over 36 hours later - still banned for no reason. Where do I go to actually complain or demand my money back???

After 48 hours it reappeared. Fearful of repeating played 2 firefight arcade (scored over 25,000 both times.) Next morning, logged on and guess what - credit banned on all accounts again. Anoyone have an idea or an actual name/number to call screaming.

I work at a group home with mentally disabled individuals. One of my guys loves halo and plays even though he almost always gets no kills. I got banned when I played with my profile and him signed in as a guest. I already got banned once when he was signed in on his profile and I get that, it looks like I was credit boosting his account. This time I thought that having him signed in as a guest would work because there was no boosting to be had, but I still got banned!!! They really need to fix this. It makes me not want to play halo, and it is very frustrating!!

I work at a group home with mentally disabled individuals. One of my guys loves halo and plays even though he almost always gets no kills. I got banned when I played with my profile and him signed in as a guest. I already got banned once when he was signed in on his profile and I get that, it looks like I was credit boosting his account. This time I thought that having him signed in as a guest would work because there was no boosting to be had, but I still got banned!!! They really need to fix this. It makes me not want to play halo, and it is very frustrating!!

I appreciate your post and what you do to help with these individuals. It is an honorable and noble job. Obviously, the thought of some of your patients "improving" their skill level not be a concern for you or them. If you truly find no way for them to enjoy the game in custom game mode, this will most likely continue. The ban system is automated and has no "heart", so to speak. I have two suggestions for you. One, if your patient is unable to improve his ability to get kills on a regular basis please send me a PM with yours and his gamer tags and I will send a friend request on one of my accounts and bring players into customs on occasion to play with you two. I can not promise how regular I can join unless I know a schedule. Two, you can head to Waypoint and send a message to bs angel to appeal for a reprieve from his account being banned due to his handicap. If you click on my name or select this link it will take you to my profile and you will see how to send me a message. Thank you for your post.

Anything I typed in blue is a link.

Old Guy00 and family all credit banned. No possible reason we do not boost etc. Internet problems have caused us to end mid game which results in 10 minute - but this is not nor ever has been intentional (Hate Cogeco!!!) Playing last night - all good - when tried to log on today noted that we are credit banned :(

Update So far over 36 hours later - still banned for no reason. Where do I go to actually complain or demand my money back???

After 48 hours it reappeared. Fearful of repeating played 2 firefight arcade (scored over 25,000 both times.) Next morning, logged on and guess what - credit banned on all accounts again. Anoyone have an idea or an actual name/number to call screaming.

There is no direct contact number to appeal bans. You may, if you choose, go to here and ask for a refund. I have no idea if they can or will do this for you. You may send me a message on this sight by selecting my name then selecting the message button for further assistance.

ok i was banned for an ingame glitch, i was using the japenese keyboard and went to go change my clan tag, and to my surprise it worked, i changed my clan tag to 3/4 played an infection game and was insta console banned, it wasN'T a mod or a hack it was a glitch, and my gamer tag is I r Lazy XD

and i was banned around 4-6 months ago :/