(H5 SPOILERS) Mafia: Spartan Edition

Axilus Prime

It's a rule change no matter how you try to spin it. It wasn't in the game page at the start of the game, and you never told us about it until now.

And how do you expect us to fight against this? The Mafians SHOULD be forced to kill someone instead of hiding behind RNG.

The balance is that this only works so long as they don't execute anyone. They are banking on luck 100% while Protown has the true advantage since they can think this through. If one lone Mafian manages to mindboggle all of you into voting as they want for eight rounds straight the loss is well deserved.

They aren't forced to kill anyone, and benefit from having a Suspect List for a nonexistent murder consisting of RNG individuals. And since it's pure RNG there's no rule requiring a Mafian to be on the list in the first place. That's not balance, that's an unfair advantage. An advantage they did not get on their own, but through a rule change.

If you're really set on continuing with this then I guess we'll just have to deal with it. I have a plan.

They aren't forced to kill anyone, and benefit from having a Suspect List for a nonexistent murder consisting of RNG individuals. And since it's pure RNG there's no rule requiring a Mafian to be on the list in the first place. That's not balance, that's an unfair advantage. An advantage they did not get on their own, but through a rule change.

I'd like to formally apologize for, yet again, being the reason for a role change due to breaking something. I think this is the third time.. Anyway, sorry for breaking things :heart:

• Like 1

I'd like to formally apologize for, yet again, being the reason for a role change due to breaking something. I think this is the third time.. Anyway, sorry for breaking things :heart:

You don't need to apologize for anything. Mafia is an ever-changing work in progress, and this change was a benefit: not a hindrance. Now we know what both a Vigilante and RNG Suspect List can do for a game, and whether or not they should be included should require a look at the example made here. For reference of course.

Well, since more than one of you feels that way, if I host another game that will not be allowed. For now, let's see your plan.

No hard feelings, and thanks. Sorry for pestering you about it. I'm not naturally a patient person.

And the plan wouldn't be a plan if the Mafians know what it entails.

Edited by Self Destruct

You don't need to apologize for anything. Mafia is an ever-changing work in progress, and this change was a benefit: not a hindrance. Now we know what both a Vigilante and RNG Suspect List can do for a game, and whether or not they should be included should require a look at the example made here. For reference of course.

It's a shame those two kills were gone so quickly..

No hard feelings, and thanks. Sorry for pestering you about it. I'm not naturally a patient person.

And the plan wouldn't be a plan if the Mafians know what it entails.

Oh I didn't mean for it to be spoken publicly, I meant I was gonna see if it worked.

I am going to ask this here, considering it will get every bodies attention.
Does anybody have dibs on hosting the next Mafia game?

Because I was wondering if I could give it another shot, unless of course somebody else is going to.

I am going to ask this here, considering it will get every bodies attention.

Does anybody have dibs on hosting the next Mafia game?

Because I was wondering if I could give it another shot, unless of course somebody else is going to.

I don't think anyone does. But uh that text color you always use is downright toxic to read. Maybe you could use silver, due to the whole silver eyes thing. That's much easier to read.

• Like 1